The Gathering 76
The Red Apple Restaurant & Inn
32711 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184 <--- Directions via Google
7:30 Thursday, August 24th.
Really Big Sign Hard to miss.
A casual dinner time gathering in a "Denny's like" environment.
Club Attire Encouraged but not Required
GLBT, Fashion Models, Cosplayers Goths, DGNers, Ex DGNers Re-Goths, Goths for a day, Horror Movie and Sci Fi (especially SW, ST, BSG and GoT ofc fans.) MTG players. Ingressers.
If you dont like hugs this is the wrong place.
The spiritually inclined, Science & History buffs. General weirdos.
Totally normal open minded people.
Like all DGN events this is NOT particularly kid friendly*.
Hope to see you there! Please invite any and all you think might be REMOTELY interested!
Bring a good attitude! Please help Invite! If you want a card ask! If you really want one ask here in this topic.
*like DGN itself, this is not "kid friendly". You can bring them but No F-Bombs will be held back. No sexual innuendos (or straight up sex talk) will be spared. If you can't get a sitter and your kids are not SUPER well behaved leave them in a kennel at home with food & water.
This is NOT the place to post about how you're going somewhere else, or doing something else or intentionally not coming or some other BS. Thanks.
That being said, Please help us get the word out!
Looking forward to seeing you!
If you would like one of our weekly "The Gathering" cards (Some Examples). Ask in person at The Red Apple <--- key step.
*If you really want to make sure you get one. Just ask here (not in the FB page, that will be futile) and make sure you show up before me. Some time after I walk in the door and whoever has asked for a card (here) has priority. **
Cards Fine Print
**If for some reason there are not enough cards to go around (There are typically only 7)
1. Ask at the gathering for a card (first come first serve, with the below exceptions)
2. If your name is not in this topic I'll hold off until someone who does have their name IS in this topic asks for a card.
3. Asking in this topic means you have priority over someone who has not, everyone that asks here (should) get one before someone who has not.
4. I'll hold one for Permanent Benefactors until it's clear they aren't coming if they've asked here. (If you are unsure what this is don't worry about it or have a look here)
5. If you've asked here, just ask at the gathering and you should get a card with no problem.
6. The order in which you ask here is vaguely "sooner you ask the higher priority" but is very hard to keep track of. If you wait until less than 24 hours before the event you risk not getting a card.
I make one for everyone that asks here. +2 extra typically but not always the extras vary.
No one owns (except Permanent Benefactors) a particular card. Hopefully if you slacked off or there is a screw up you can just trade for a particular card if you end up not getting it the one you wanted.'
Corporate summary: Take the whole 2 minutes and ask. If it's not worth two minutes, you don't really want one.
Hopefully none of the above will be necessary as everyone that wants a card IS GOING TO SAY THEY WANT A CARD HERE RIGHT? lol
Hopefully none of the above will be super necessary and there will never be any drama over the theoretically "for fun" cards. (there never has been) But please request a card HERE if you want one.