Asylum Windsor

First off our next event is August 5th. We do this the first Saturday of each month on the main floor of Villains Beastro in downtown Windsor. Never a cover charge and runs from 9p to 230a.

Let me sell you on how we are different. 

So, I'm DJ Raev. Sergio (DJ Surge) and I started this back in 2019. We wanted to do something different from any of the previous nights in Windsor or Detroit. Originally that meant we collected a cover charge, donated it to local charities, and displayed art from local artists.

Then the 'vid hit. Coming out of it we scrapped cover charge and made our charity the community. Everyones mental health took a beating, and everything is expensive. We want the community to have something to look forward to, try to provide as best as we can, and don't want anyone excluded because of money.

That said, we bleed money into this. Tip jar does exist and we are always thankful for anything!

In 2022 we relaunched and the decision was made to add more variety to the music, as well as sensibilities of a younger generation than Serg and I. This led to us bringing a new DJ on who has a great energy, passion, and a different approach to the genres than we do. Thus, Sterling Pepke aka [51N] joined us on decks!

We still have a steady stream of local artists displaying their work at the events, and have recently had a rotation of crafters hawking their spooktacular wares too.

This also saw Mel taking over a lot of our social media as well as a voice in our planning, Marci getting heavily involved in promotion/planning/music research, and Martyna getting heavily involved in promotion, planning, and aesthetics.

We meet almost every month and review what has gone well, what we can do better, what feedback we hear, and what we want the future to hold. We want to provide as excellent of an experience as is within our ability to provide.

So, that's where we are. We're a collective putting on a party for our community. A place for those who seek it.

We are Asylum.

I ran into Sterling at City on Saturday.  Was good to see him/his wife out and about.

One of these days I'll make it over, but I also really don't feel like dealing with not just one but two governments if I don't absolutely have to.  Same thing with leaving my firearms/pepper spray at home.  Though I do have an enhanced ID so I might as well get some use out of the thing.

Edited by Scary Guy

34 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I ran into Sterling at City on Saturday.  Was good to see him/his (I honestly can't remember if they're married or not but they've been together forever) s/o out and about.

One of these days I'll make it over, but I also really don't feel like dealing with not just one but two governments if I don't absolutely have to.  Same thing with leaving my firearms/pepper spray at home.  Though I do have an enhanced ID so I might as well get some use out of the thing.

Yeah, they are married now

On 7/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, Destroit said:

Mannnn I still gotta go get my license enhanced 

It was actually a fairly easy process.  I did it way back when to go with @Stu to the CDJ Show in Toronto where he gave a talk.  (Actually it wasn't the show in that link but a different earlier one.  Also they REALLY need to update their website.)

Anyway they wanted some paperwork, asked me some questions to make sure I was both a citizen and not a terrorist, and then made me wait a bit longer for it in the mail.  I think I went for my chauffeur's license at the same time because I had the hearse and there is this weird way one could interpret the law in Michigan where you can only drive one if you have that (or maybe a CDL but I'm not sure on that.)

Edited by Scary Guy

A good friend was asking if a vax card was still needed for the boarder.  I know it probably isn't on the US side but Canada can tend to be a little more strict.

@Raev I was wondering if you had any insight into that.

EDIT:  He said he found an article saying it was done away with in October.

Edited by Scary Guy
EDIT

46 minutes ago, Override said:

Was a great set. Glad I finally managed to get over and check it out.

No vax card necessary. An enhanced driver's license is all one needs to cross over. A passport will work as well obviously.

Cool, maybe next time I'll go, and I'll drive so no one hits any bollards :P

Also welcome to the forum, finally.

• TronRP pinned this topic