Ok, I got your attention.

This IS going to happen.

Kids are great!

Although I have ano screeching rule

Two screeches

twopblogsquare_annoying_screech.jpgtwopblogsquare_annoying_screech.jpg

and they eat outside

For all the people coming, BRING FOOD!

We are supplying a 20 lb turkey and Mashed Potatoes.

(Although we need a good carver)

You bring the rest.

I will PM people bean and my address the week of.

BYOW. (Bring your own wine--let's have some class for T'giving)

---------------------------------------------------------

FANGSGIVING--PART DEUX--The child-free edition

AFTER the families leave---

ANYONE that wants to come here to unwind after putting up with

their own f&^%ed up families, post here.

If there's enough interest, We'll do a post-T'giving party after the kids leave.

We can bitch about our families, gossip about all the DGNers we don't like

(It's happened at every other get-together--why not this one??

AND watch a good movie starring people more sane than our families

801d6a9db2288f8ac2c6b45486f6c4f936cd9050_96s.jpgnight_dead.jpg

BRING YOUR GOOD LEFTOVERS! (and of course BYOB)

This will be a drama-free zone ALL NIGHT!

That's the whole point.

There's the family you're stuck with and the family you choose.

PS I feel silly posting this on a goth board, but we have a cat.

If you're allergic, don't come. I don't say that to be a dick, but if we put her in a room all night, she would claw though the door. She's sweet, but when she's away from her humans, she gets terrified.

If we close the door for a minute, it sounds like ten rats are trying to make their way in, and that's no fun to listen to while eating turkey. :yes

I'll probably be there for the Fangsgiving Part Deux! Not for the First tho. Looking forward to this!! :D

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Menu for Thanksgiving:

ALREADY ACCOUNTED FOR---

Turkey ---the eternal

Mashed Potatoes ---bean water

Potato Salad ---Ivycat

Water ---Mother Nature

NEEDED

Stuffing (bread/cornbread stuffing---maybe with onions & celery)

Homemade turkey gravy

Green bean and fried onion casserole.

Canned Jellied cranberry sauce (the homemade stuff is always hit or miss and we got kids coming)

Cranberry jello mold.(optional)

Big tossed salad

Tofurkey (If you're vegetarian and want to bring a non-meat alternative)

Sweet Corn

Deviled Eggs

HOT Rolls (or Pilsbury Crescent Rolls)

Pumpkin pie or Apple Pie or Pecan Pie or brownies or pumpkin cheesecake :bow

DINNER GUEST CHOICE (if you think you can make something better than what's above)

NOT NEEDED---

That disgustingly sweet concoction made with mashed sweet potatoes, pineapple and melted crusty marshmallows on the top.

Yams

Sweet potatoes---Leave em at home. My house I say YES to deviled eggs and NO to sweet potatoes or yams

----------------------------

CHECK YOUR NAME IF YOU'RE COMING (and what you're bringing--many of the things above can be bought at Meijer's)

AND how many in your group or family, so I know if one turkey's enough

LCC--

Mstrbeau--

Brenda--

darknight1--

Lillylu29--

Stormknight--

GRG--

Raev--

Angel---

AstralCrux--

I will try to come. I'm not for sure if I can because my father who a rarely see will be visiting for a week. But if I can I will bring Deviled Eggs.

Menu for Thanksgiving:

ALREADY ACCOUNTED FOR---

Turkey ---the eternal

Mashed Potatoes ---bean water

Potato Salad ---Ivycat

Water ---Mother Nature

NEEDED

Stuffing (bread/cornbread stuffing---maybe with onions & celery)

Homemade turkey gravy

Green bean and fried onion casserole.

Canned Jellied cranberry sauce (the homemade stuff is always hit or miss and we got kids coming)

Cranberry jello mold.(optional)

Big tossed salad

Tofurkey (If you're vegetarian and want to bring a non-meat alternative)

Sweet Corn

Deviled Eggs

HOT Rolls (or Pilsbury Crescent Rolls)

Pumpkin pie or Apple Pie or Pecan Pie or brownies or pumpkin cheesecake :bow

DINNER GUEST CHOICE (if you think you can make something better than what's above)

NOT NEEDED---

That disgustingly sweet concoction made with mashed sweet potatoes, pineapple and melted crusty marshmallows on the top.

Yams

Sweet potatoes---Leave em at home. My house I say YES to deviled eggs and NO to sweet potatoes or yams

CHECK YOUR NAME IF YOU'RE COMING (and what you're bringing--many of the things above can be bought at Meijer's)

AND how many in your group or family, so I know if one turkey's enough

LCC--

Mstrbeau--

Brenda--

darknight1--

Lillylu29--

Stormknight--

GRG--

Raev--

Angel---

AstralCrux--

Since there is 6 people in my family.. Me (IvyCat), my husband and my 4 kids.. we will bring the tossed salad too and a second turkey, my husband makes and awesome turkey!! we do need directions and a time when the party is going to start! I will prolly stay afterward, my husband will go home with the kids...

We are also planning on bringing some table games like Apple to apples and other big group games ! :-)

IvyCat

Edited by Ivy_Cat

Since there is 6 people in my family.. Me (IvyCat), my husband and my 4 kids.. we will bring the tossed salad too and a second turkey, my husband makes and awesome turkey!! we do need directions and a time when the party is going to start! I will prolly stay afterward, my husband will go home with the kids...

We are also planning on bringing some table games like Apple to apples and other big group games ! :-)

IvyCat

When it gets closer we will be PMing everyone that is coming with the address and a time :)

IMPORTANT!

If want to attend, please RSVP with either myself or the eternal by November 12th. In the PM, please include the following:

-If you will be coming for dinner, the after party, or both

-How many people will be attending

-If you are coming for dinner, what food you are bringing

Once you have RSVP'd you will be given our address.

Once we figure out what time we want people to come over, we will post it.

So far, the dinner guest and food list is (based on responses in this thread, and not including those who will attend part Deux):

The eternal - turkey #1

bean water - mashed potatoes

Mstrbeau--apple pie(?) and pumpkin pie

darknight1--

Lillylu29 & children--

Stormknight--

Raev--

Angel--sweet corn suffle

Fidget?--deviled eggs

Ivy Cat & family--potato salad, tossed salad, second turkey

Edited by bean water

NOT NEEDED---

Yams

This makes you more great than people prolly give you credit for.

I made a barf one thanksgiving whence a dish of candied yams wast set before me.

No SWEET POTATOES?! :sad: Those are my favourite! Especially in a korma (curry) sauce.

Now SQUASH, on the other hand...I can do without!

P.S. What about a sweet corn souffle (like Stouffer's)? I make a mean one of those.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

AstralCrux-- Check! But, only for part Deux... So, maybe I just show up with excessive alcohols? Or, something equally fantabulous? Just let me know...

To be blunt....

This event is not one for excessive alcohol. If you (and I mean anyone that is planning to attend) are looking to get wasted or anything beyond a wee bit buzzed, then our house is not the place for you. We do not want to babysit drunk people or worry about them driving home. Our house is small, so there really isn't any room for anyone to stay over.

This is a low key event. That means no drama, no drunkenness.

No SWEET POTATOES?! :sad: Those are my favourite! Especially in a korma (curry) sauce.

Now SQUASH, on the other hand...I can do without!

P.S. What about a sweet corn souffle (like Stouffer's)? I make a mean one of those.

I've never had a sweet corn souffle, but it sounds good :)

This event is not one for excessive alcohol. If you (and I mean anyone that is planning to attend) are looking to get wasted or anything beyond a wee bit buzzed, then our house is not the place for you. We do not want to babysit drunk people or worry about them driving home. Our house is small, so there really isn't any room for anyone to stay over.

I'm cool with that plan. Besides, I've been a boring drunk as of late. I just don't even try to socialize when I drink now. Val keeps associating knitting with drinking for me... So, I'd just sit and knit in a corner. lol

You mean I can't bring my sherried sweet potatoes? They don't have any of that icky marshmallow stuff on them. Just sherry, but with the alcohol cooked out, so it yields a delicious flavor without giving you an unwanted buzz. No? Your loss. I CAN make my famous French Silk Chocolate pie, though, with the homemade crust. Want? Yes? Should I also bring corn pudding? It's not Thanksgiving without corn pudding. Better 'n sweet corn, it's a kind of souffle made with corn. Yup. And someone should make greens. Southern style greens with bacon. Who is making greens? Turnip greens or collard greens or mustard greens or kale, I don't care which. I don't have a reliable recipe. Does anyone else but me like greens?

My family is having Thanksgiving on Friday, so I think I'm free Thursday, except that I plan on going to City if they are open Wednesday night and doing the Meals on Wheels thing Thursday during the day.

Spook, can we go, PLEASE?

You mean I can't bring my sherried sweet potatoes? They don't have any of that icky marshmallow stuff on them. Just sherry, but with the alcohol cooked out, so it yields a delicious flavor without giving you an unwanted buzz. No? Your loss. I CAN make my famous French Silk Chocolate pie, though, with the homemade crust. Want? Yes? Should I also bring corn pudding? It's not Thanksgiving without corn pudding. Better 'n sweet corn, it's a kind of souffle made with corn. Yup. And someone should make greens. Southern style greens with bacon. Who is making greens? Turnip greens or collard greens or mustard greens or kale, I don't care which. I don't have a reliable recipe. Does anyone else but me like greens?

My family is having Thanksgiving on Friday, so I think I'm free Thursday, except that I plan on going to City if they are open Wednesday night and doing the Meals on Wheels thing Thursday during the day.

Spook, can we go, PLEASE?

French Silk Pie :drool:yes

I've never had greens, so I don't know if I like them :)

I think Jinxie is bring sweet corn souffle.

We would love to have you guys over.

Just so everyone knows, we are planning on having dinner at 5pm. If you want to come a little early, that's cool, just not before 4pm :)

Additionally, we need more dinner type foods.

This is an amazing idea, however, looks like I will be elsewhere on Thanksgiving.

Looks like Iam working the day before, night before, and day and night after Thanksgiving as well.

Gonna have a very low key Thanksgiving with someone Im thankful for coming into my life.

Im sure you are gonna have a great time, Happy Thanksgiving to ALL ! ! !

IMPORTANT!

If want to attend, please RSVP with either myself or the eternal by November 12th. In the PM, please include the following:

-If you will be coming for dinner, the after party, or both

-How many people will be attending

-If you are coming for dinner, what food you are bringing

Once you have RSVP'd you will be given our address.

Dinner will be served at 5pm. You can come over early, but please not before 4pm :)

So far, the dinner guest and food list is (based on responses in this thread, and not including those who will attend part Deux):

The eternal - turkey #1

bean water - mashed potatoes, gravy, deviled eggs

Mstrbeau--apple pie(?) and pumpkin pie

darknight1--

Stormknight--second meat, bread & butter

Raev--

Jinxie--sweet corn souffle

Ivy Cat & family--potato salad, tossed salad, second turkey

Taysteewonderbunny & Spook--French Silk Pie, corn bread, sherried sweet potatoes

Tszura & Nightgaunt--7 layer tortilla dip, Spanish rice

Edited by bean water

From the aftermath thread

I am so freaking excited that Tszura and Nightgaunt and your

7-layer tortilla dip and Spanish rice will be coming.

And TWB and Spook--thank you not only for confirming for T'giving, but for bringing your homemade

french silk pie and other food.

Stormknight--I am calling around to see if I can borrow a grill for your ribs. It's going to be so awesome.

Fidget, I can't believe you're making deviled eggs even though you can't attend.

That's beyond all. You are so nice I'll be sure to get someone to swing by your area that week to pick it up

Now that apparently the T'giving after-party will be graced by

Brenda and Tomcat, Osaka and Riku, Hunhee and Burrich, Mstrbeau and ??, Nienna, Aequorea, etc

I will be making this a two level affair, with cheesy movies in the cellar.

This is getting BIG.