What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

Growing old isn't just a state of mind, it's also that moment you look in the mirror and see your own face and wonder "what the hell happened?"

Tell me about it...just had that happen two days ago...

I've started to realize that different cultures, just like different worldviews, affect our emotions, and that cultural conflict is a perpetual aspect of society. I've started to see my writer's block as coming from cultural apathy based somewhat on preference falsification, and that my best writing was done, and my most productive times as a writer, were all under the conditions of having a different attitude than what I've had recently. For fringe culture to grow it requires as much or more pretension as what mainstream culture has when looked at completely objectively, which is a level that is utterly extreme, so its self-affirming to me to finally understand that I can't be extremely productive writing fiction or making art in general until I understand that I need a mold a consistent attitude with creating where collective honesty is more important than collective sanity.

Edited by Class-Punk

Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean I have to deny my own belief just to please your rank behind.

I found a thought I had a year ago. I saw a billboard that said "True animal lovers are Vegan." My response was "to me that just means I won't eat the cat or dog."

Had to convince myself to inhale after reading these...just couldn't stop laughing...

Taxes is the money we place in a pool to ensure everything we need is handled. It is NOT for the personal usage of the people we hired (voted into office) to use for themselves. That is OUR money. The government should remember that. They are paid a salary out of that. Their only concern should be how to best meet all the needs of the people who hired them. Mismanagement of funds often occurs when the government forgets its responsibility to us and focuses on the money they are being entrusted with. That's when we find cases of embezzlement or shoddy workmanship for elaborate prices. For instance, $1,000 for a roll of toilet paper. Seriously?

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic