Your Most Hated Veggie

Homicidalheathen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well honestly i can see how people like or dislike things. there are texture issues, how strong the taste is, smell, etc.. - so i suppose i might be weird for not liking celery, just as i think people are kind of weird for not liking tomatoes, but i just think celery has a really bad water taste and it's stringy. i wish i DID like it, it might be fun to dip in things and eat it. ;)

some things i am not fond of the smell, but do like them once i eat them.

now one food i think IS awful and i don't know how anyone can say it is not is anchovies. i know, not a veggie but it is THE one food i don't understand how people can eat it. fucking grossest thing EVER. ever ever ever.

I can't think of any veggies that I hate or refuse to eat. There are several that I only like prepared a certain way, though.

celery-is ok raw, but I don't like it cooked in most things, same with carrots.

green peppers-I only like them well cooked with a lot of seasoning, otherwise I'll pick them out, and I don't like them raw, even though I like all other kinds of peppers, cooked or raw.

beets-I don't really like them, but I will eat them if they're served to me.

peas or green beans-I will eat them fresh or canned, I can't stand the frozen ones.

Also, even if I don't like a certain vegetable plain I can usually make it taste good by cooking it in broth or adding cheese sauce.

TOMATOES...even though they aren't in the veggie category, I still had to list it.

I also found out I don't like parsnips, but other than that I'll eat anything in the veg group.

How did you make the parsnips? If you don't cook them enough, they're pretty fibrous and not very tasty.

How did you make the parsnips? If you don't cook them enough, they're pretty fibrous and not very tasty.

I think that actually was my problem, I did it up in the oven (golly was I scured! :shock::fear:), and I think I didn't put it in for long enough.

Kinda like my sweet potatoe last night, I knew that I fucked that up and it wasn't the spud's fault because I know I <3 sweet potato.

Live and learn...how to cook better?

Archived