Your Most Hated Veggie

Homicidalheathen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, I love okra specifically because of the sliminess! I haven't seen any okra since I left Georgia though, and that's sad.

I pretty much like every vegetable I've ever encountered. The only one that sometimes gets on my nerves is most kinds of squash. But if it's cooked right or in the right dish, we get along fine. Everything else, though (you know, that I've tasted), is lovely.

Might I just point out that I am the easiest person to share a pizza with.

Fresh Artichokes. OMG, I was at a dinner party where these were baked and served with a very small meat course, and the one I got tasted rotten. Plus it's a pain in the ass to peel off each leaf and scrape your teeth across the edible part to get a tiny morsel in your mouth. Anyway, I retch just thinking about it. :sick:

I can't say i've ever found a veggie i didn't like but there are a few i haven't tried such as rutebega as mentioned above but i dont expect i'd have much of a problem with them. I was just raised to eat whats in front of you or you dont eat at all so pickiness wasn't in my vocabulary :)

Don't know if anyone else has tried to prepare these or not but.....prickly pair cactus tops.....another slime goo yuk muck

prickly-pear-cactus-l.jpg

Yes they are edible but first ya gotta get through all those damn pickers!

my grandma makes Nopales (diced cactus) with eggs every day. Yumo.

and my Mom makes THE BOMB super hot and spicy cactus and pork dish

I can't think of any I don't like.

Most people don't make vegetables so that they taste right. Overcooked oversalted mushy veggies are gross!

If it isn't prepared and seasoned correctly, any food can taste awful. They have to be made right for me to like them.

Cornmeal coated fried okra with Cajun seasoning is awesome.

Most people don't make vegetables so that they taste right. Overcooked oversalted mushy veggies are gross!

If it isn't prepared and seasoned correctly, any food can taste awful. They have to be made right for me to like them.

Cornmeal coated fried okra with Cajun seasoning is awesome.

Quoted for truth.

Hrmmm... See.. I don't get all fancy with veggies. I steam them until they are done... whcih means they still ahve a slight crunch... then eat them. i should not have to spice them or cook them in some special way to make them taste good.

exactly. a little snappity snappity is good. I love grilled veggies too....mmmm

Archived