How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

Feeling a bit disillusioned.  My nephew was playing "so sick", I called his bluff and I got reprimanded for being "deceptive".  It was going on 7 days of this behavior, but whatever.

😕

Bottom line is everything is back to normal and now the true "cold" can be dwelt with.

I will be a damned fool, orchestrating a very cold day in Hell before I ask for assistance from certain family members in this manner again.

So stressed from this week's events. 

Time line is that:

Saturday, the youngest sister (I live with) went into urgent care and was diagnosed with RSV; was given amoxcillin. Was alert, conscious, and talking Sat when I got home. 

Sunday, she was alert, conscious, and talking when I got home around 10pm. Over night she got worse. 

Monday, is what I woke up to. Her breathing was labored and wheezing. Cold to the touch with a temperature of 94/95 (between two temp checks) and was essentially shutting down. I was in communication with a friend who helped and they called emergency. They came, carried her out and took her to the nearest hospital. Was put on sedation and intubated. 

Tuesday, she got better for a while, and was off sedation. Alert and communicating. She got worse.

Wednesay, stable.

Today was the first time I've been able to get there due to work. She's able to breath partially on her own and on the vent. The medicals had attempted to remove sedation, yet she fights/gets agitated. And today I discovered a scab/sore on Gabe's neck. This is after him being a bit more cuddly/clingy on Wednesday. There is little right now I can do other than keep it cleaned until I can get into a vet.

Grateful to be done and knowing what I have related to GI issues. Had an EGD done today and no signs of ulcers, but have mild gastritsis. So that's gonna be fun trying to treat/deal with. Diagnosised with a heital hernia, which I knew about for a couple years. That hasn't bothered me. It's a waiting game for biopises from today and the sore that the vet took of Gabe yesterday; hoping that it's not serious.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so busy since last Thursday that all these days feel like they have blurred into one with me taking catnaps when I can fit one in.

I can't wait until everything slows back down so I can catch my breath for a minute.