I just came here to say the same news.

I've been following Smith since he signed in board. This is the bomb drop I've been waiting on. This is the one I feel is gonna actually take his ass down and 90% of his politician followers. This is gonna go slow but I think it'll really start to kick off in 2024. Buckle up, y'all.

FYI, I make really good popcorn.

3 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I just came here to say the same news.

I've been following Smith since he signed in board. This is the bomb drop I've been waiting on. This is the one I feel is gonna actually take his ass down and 90% of his politician followers. This is gonna go slow but I think it'll really start to kick off in 2024. Buckle up, y'all.

FYI, I make really good popcorn.

Gods I hope you are right. 

5 hours ago, KatRN05 said:

Well, the uneducated do love him. 

See, the problem is you can't paint all his followers as uneducated.  A good chunk of them probably, but I try not to paint with such broad strokes.  Discounting them all like that is dangerous IMO because the smart ones exist and know how to control the stupids.  Kind of like the brain bugs from Starship Troopers.  They will also try to suck your brain dry if you let them (much like those bugs.)

Anyway I can't wait for him to go to club fed, even if it would just be a cushy minimum security resort at least it'd be something.  I'm also really curious on how the Secret Service detail would work.  in actuality he'd probably just get house arrest though.  Which sucks because when I was young and got sent to my room that's where all my toys were.  If you really want to punish a kid you lock all that up first.

No I think they should give him house arrest but in some low income neighborhood.  The problem with these entitled pricks is they've never had to deal with real life and see us all as vagrants.  Though I do think he's too far gone to get any real education out of that anyway.

11 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

See, the problem is you can't paint all his followers as uneducated.  A good chunk of them probably, but I try not to paint with such broad strokes.  Discounting them all like that is dangerous IMO because the smart ones exist and know how to control the stupids.  Kind of like the brain bugs from Starship Troopers.  They will also try to suck your brain dry if you let them (much like those bugs.)

Anyway I can't wait for him to go to club fed, even if it would just be a cushy minimum security resort at least it'd be something.  I'm also really curious on how the Secret Service detail would work.  in actuality he'd probably just get house arrest though.  Which sucks because when I was young and got sent to my room that's where all my toys were.  If you really want to punish a kid you lock all that up first.

No I think they should give him house arrest but in some low income neighborhood.  The problem with these entitled pricks is they've never had to deal with real life and see us all as vagrants.  Though I do think he's too far gone to get any real education out of that anyway.

You’re right. A lot of his followers are educated. It’s frightening and they have ulterior motives. And I get it, the same could be said about Dems. I just want him to face accountability. I am done trying to sway Trump supporters who follow him. They need to come to terms with the fact that he’s a liar and grifter on their own. 

Let's be real.  The probability that the former guy has a history of criminal behavior dating back into his youth is exactly 200% Yet he has somehow managed to elude jail all this time.  It's sad that he has somehow convinced 40+ million people to be on his side and that he will likely never face the justice he deserves.  The likelihood that he will be found guilty in the three cases he's currently facing is high, but it's also likely he will not go to prison in any meaningful sense of the word.  House arrest is quite possible.  Also, the second we get another Republican in the oval office they are very likely to pardon him. I try not to think about it too much because it's just frustrating to anyone with half a brain and a sense of ethics.

45 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

Let's be real.  The probability that the former guy has a history of criminal behavior dating back into his youth is exactly 200% Yet he has somehow managed to elude jail all this time.  It's sad that he has somehow convinced 40+ million people to be on his side and that he will likely never face the justice he deserves.  The likelihood that he will be found guilty in the three cases he's currently facing is high, but it's also likely he will not go to prison in any meaningful sense of the word.  House arrest is quite possible.  Also, the second we get another Republican in the oval office they are very likely to pardon him. I try not to think about it too much because it's just frustrating to anyone with half a brain and a sense of ethics.

Watching political leaning per generation (posted the charts in another thread) everyone from millennial and younger is growing less conservative in their votes as they age as opposed to the usual grow more conservative as you age trend from gen x and older.

And these charts are a few years old back when gen z was JUST starting to hit voting age. Millenials +Gen Z actually outnumber the boomers (silent generation has been dropping like flies).

I really don't see Republicans winning the oval office, especially if it's with Trump or DeSantis.

I also have doubts they'll hold all their seats in the senate. They might keep the house, but hey ya never know.

But by 2026, I think they'll lose the house too if they haven't already. I see the republican party splintering into other parties after this. just my speculations. Even with Biden, they don't stand a chance imo.

3 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Watching political leaning per generation (posted the charts in another thread) everyone from millennial and younger is growing less conservative in their votes as they age as opposed to the usual grow more conservative as you age trend from gen x and older.

And these charts are a few years old back when gen z was JUST starting to hit voting age. Millenials +Gen Z actually outnumber the boomers (silent generation has been dropping like flies).

I really don't see Republicans winning the oval office, especially if it's with Trump or DeSantis.

I also have doubts they'll hold all their seats in the senate. They might keep the house, but hey ya never know.

But by 2026, I think they'll lose the house too if they haven't already. I see the republican party splintering into other parties after this. just my speculations. Even with Biden, they don't stand a chance imo.

While part of me understands and agrees with what you're saying, part of me also sees how hard Republicans are trying to do everything they can to alter the voting process in their favor. I would rather be pleasantly surprised than hopeful but disappointed. 

Oddly, I have gotten far more liberal as I get older. 🙃

11 minutes ago, gwen said:

the feds are determined he will not run again

they are rigging and fixing global markets.

He is already running…

And why are they fixing them? Are they broken?

in my opinion as “obvious” as it should be that he should not be elected again… it was just as obvious that he should never have won in the first place. So I am not going to be surprised either way. 

47 minutes ago, phee said:

was just as obvious that he should never have won in the first place.

Agreed. I still am sore about Hillary though. It honestly should have been Bernie. I really think the DNC did pull something incredibly fucky to push her over Bernie.

How do you logic all those people taking the time and energy to go see him over Hillary by an incredibly large difference then say they didn't bother to vote in the primaries. That math doesn't math at all.

48 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

If Trump is given the same treatment he would give Hillary in the same situation, he should end up in Gitmo and never be seen again.

It's almost as if there were some hypocrisy in the system...

1 hour ago, phee said:

it was just as obvious that he should never have won in the first place. So I am not going to be surprised either way. 

1 hour ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Agreed. I still am sore about Hillary though. It honestly should have been Bernie. I really think the DNC did pull something incredibly fucky to push her over Bernie.

How do you logic all those people taking the time and energy to go see him over Hillary by an incredibly large difference then say they didn't bother to vote in the primaries. That math doesn't math at all.

Again, that's exactly why he won.  I called that shit a mile away when they fucked over Bernie.  Then you had:

A. Everyone sore over that, because Bernie should have gotten it over Hillary.

B. Everyone who hated and was afraid of Hillary.

C. Everyone who wanted Trump because he was not seen as an establishment candidate and they wanted ANYTHING to change.  To them Hillary was just more of the same and when you're unhappy you want change.

I will admit back then I was hoping Trump would drop the act and become presidential, but I also knew better than that too.  Biden may have a diminished capacity (as all Democrats do) but at least he knows how to act like a president.  I hate them both for different reasons.

Still, Trump is a brand name, he is known, he is like Twitter.  You do not throw away Twitter and call yourself X unless you're a complete fucktard.  What is scary is all the people who know what he's about and they STILL want to vote for his stupid ass, mostly because they hate Biden though.

If the left could soften it's stance on guns and put up a moderate candidate who isn't geriatric that the people can actually identify with I think a lot of people would vote Democrat.  As it stands at least the fire will keep us warm as everything burns down.  If Trump gets in maybe we can all go to Canada and seek Asylum. :D

59 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

If Trump is given the same treatment he would give Hillary in the same situation, he should end up in Gitmo and never be seen again.

100%, however she'd have needed a trial too.  He was president and had every opportunity to try to do that.  Those crooks are really good at covering their tracks (or having others do it and then killing them off.)