Just now, Scary Guy said:

I hope not seeing as how it's one big system comprised of smaller yet equally as corrupt systems.

I don't honestly believe the two are comparable. There is certainly some unethical and undesirable behavior within the Democratic Party and liberal groups but it's not even remotely on the scale of what the Republicans have been doing in ever increasing amounts over the past 30 years.  And no, I don't think ALL conservatives are bigoted lying hypocrites, but there aren't nearly enough for me not to paint the whole organization as the same.  They are welcome to prove me wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

I don't honestly believe the two are comparable. There is certainly some unethical and undesirable behavior within the Democratic Party and liberal groups but it's not even remotely on the scale of what the Republicans have been doing in ever increasing amounts over the past 30 years.  And no, I don't think ALL conservatives are bigoted lying hypocrites, but there aren't nearly enough for me not to paint the whole organization as the same.  They are welcome to prove me wrong. 

The Republicans have simply stopped giving a fuck and no longer try to hide things.  The Democrats are just better at hiding it in plain sight and simply look better by comparison to most of the sane people.

But if the right gets even a whiff of some misdeeds from the left (like Hunter's laptop) they go overboard on it making it look like a non-issue because they've made themselves look insane.

You know how they say you're not paranoid if you're right?  It's the same thing with them and being crazy.  Sometimes they are quite sane and they know what they are doing.  It's that brazenness that attracts people, and they need to be smacked for it just as much as the left does.

1 minute ago, phee said:

Especially them yes. But the whole Gov Er Mint

Called it

It gets better. Like sorry to post a fucking TikTok link here, I do think it's just as bad (if not worse) than YouTube for a source of information. However it does summarize tidbits of facts that are easily googled if someone really wants to. But the Republican party is practically bankrupt.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8LX7wMn/

46 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

It's times like these that force me to remind myself that there is an actual REAL chance that there won't be a Republican Candidate this upcoming election, and instead may be a 3rd party.

Of all the times Bernie should fucking run for president....

Bernie is too old, just like Ron Paul.  I thought either one of them would have been great since I think they're both respectable (though I'm not a huge fan of Bernie.)

No third party ever has a reasonable shot though.  It's just how the system is designed.  If it turns out that one does win then whoever it replaces will be the new third party.

So I heard his supporters not only sent death threats to the judge, but have also doxxed the grand jury on their little hate group sites.

And a new racially motivated term, "rigger" has been adopted by them.

I wish they would stop shooting themselves in the dick and aim for their head instead.

Either way, the shit show escalating like this is a tell tale sign that his fate is sealed and THEY KNOW IT.

3 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Either way, the shit show escalating like this is a tell tale sign that his fate is sealed and THEY KNOW IT.

Death threats to the judge and doxing the grand jury?  They're dooming him more than helping him.  It's a good thing they're too dumb to actually pull anything off.  They failed on January 6th and the plot against our governor.  These idiots could fuck up a wetdream.

Still, I don't know about his fate being sealed.  They still need to actually convict him first, and even then there is a strong question of whether or not Biden would pardon him as a show of good faith.

I need to make some shirts that say "lock him up" and cash in on that, and/or "lock them up" and stick Hil.....   Hunter on it too.

I’ve always had a great deal of dislike for him. He’s just a terrible person, in general. But yesterday, I watched a TikTok that broke my heart. This man (in the construction business), was talking about how another friend of his, (also in the same business) was contacted by trumps people to do a $3.5 million job. The man that made the TikTok tried to tell him that he didn’t think it was good for him to do this. His friend advised him that he was working on a pretty airtight contract. 

In the end, this guy had to sue him. He only got 1.5 million. So he took all of his business holdings, equipment, etc., and sold/cashed out. He paid everybody like he always did. And then he went home and blew his brains out. and I just thought, “Holy shit. That is a horrible thing” and I’m just even more disgusted now. 

It’s true that he’s got mostly uneducated followers. But he has some who are, or at least think they are. And it just stuns me that our country is in the position that it’s in. He made it “OK“ to be openly racist and bigoted. And I guess I’m just so surprised and disappointed at exactly how many people that is. 

I am an independent. I have voted all across-the-board. But until I see a truly viable Republican candidate, I’m only voting blue. My home/family dynamic will not allow me to vote red, ever again.

7 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I’ve always had a great deal of dislike for him. He’s just a terrible person, in general. But yesterday, I watched a TikTok that broke my heart. This man (in the construction business), was talking about how another friend of his, (also in the same business) was contacted by trumps people to do a $3.5 million job. The man that made the TikTok tried to tell him that he didn’t think it was good for him to do this. His friend advised him that he was working on a pretty airtight contract. 

In the end, this guy had to sue him. He only got 1.5 million. So he took all of his business holdings, equipment, etc., and sold/cashed out. He paid everybody like he always did. And then he went home and blew his brains out. and I just thought, “Holy shit. That is a horrible thing” and I’m just even more disgusted now. 

It’s true that he’s got mostly uneducated followers. But he has some who are, or at least think they are. And it just stuns me that our country is in the position that it’s in. He made it “OK“ to be openly racist and bigoted. And I guess I’m just so surprised and disappointed at exactly how many people that is. 

I am an independent. I have voted all across-the-board. But until I see a truly viable Republican candidate, I’m only voting blue. My home/family dynamic will not allow me to vote red, ever again.

Unfortunately I can't find anything about that online and I don't really trust Tiktok videos.  As they say "anecdotal evidence isn't." I'm not saying it's fake, but he could have at least left a note detailing the reasons why, or the next of kin could have shown the contracts and letters.  Honestly I hope it is fake because that would be a horrible thing to happen, but unfortunately I'm sure things like that happen all the time.

Not that people need to make up stories anyway, as Trump has a well documented history of stiffing his employees.  I am shocked and amazed that anyone who signs on doesn't ask for all of the money up front let alone agree to work for him at all.  Sadly everyone wants (or needs) that big payday I guess.

As far as his followers go yes, most of them are dumb as shit.  However there are some really smart people supporting him.  No one gets to be POTUS by being surrounded by morons especially if they themselves are a moron.  However most of those people are either also con-artists, have agendas of their own (be it fascism, foreign influence, etc..), or they have some major cognitive dissonance going on.

I hope he gets convicted but who knows what powderkeg that might ignite.  I'm sure everyone sees that as a possibility and I hope they have the courage to go through with it anyway.

I can't remember the exact quote but it goes something like "it's hard to dismiss it as a witch hunt when you have an actual witch."

4 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I’ve always had a great deal of dislike for him. He’s just a terrible person, in general.

When I was pursuing a Master's of Business Admin in the mid-to-late-aughts, several of my classes used Dump as an example of what NOT to do in business. Guy is greedy, manipulative, and unethical.

20 minutes ago, n0Mad said:

When I was pursuing a Master's of Business Admin in the mid-to-late-aughts, several of my classes used Dump as an example of what NOT to do in business. Guy is greedy, manipulative, and unethical.

But a great example of failing upward.

I think the only reason that he isn't penniless and destitute (yet) is because he came from money and his parents probably set up a nice safetynet for him/told him how not to be a complete moron.  Problem is the only real advice he listens to comes on some strange German audio recordings from around 1940.

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

But a great example of failing upward.

I think the only reason that he isn't penniless and destitute (yet) is because he came from money and his parents probably set up a nice safetynet for him/told him how not to be a complete moron.  Problem is the only real advice he listens to comes on some strange German audio recordings from around 1940.

I saw a little clip from an old newspaper that circulated with a younger Trump picture saying he'd run as a Republican if he ran. Because they're easier for/something ... However it ended, I believe it even if that particular clip isn't real.

52 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

I saw a little clip from an old newspaper that circulated with a younger Trump picture saying he'd run as a Republican if he ran. Because they're easier for/something ... However it ended, I believe it even if that particular clip isn't real.

Dumbest and/or easiest to fool, or something along those lines. Never fact checked it because it's really just a drop in an ocean of piss, but it plausibly checks out. He used to be a registered Democrat for a time before all this also.

Now he's just a registered felon, and ought to be a registered sex offender.

Also, Giuliani turned himself in today as well as a couple others. I better start making popcorn.

1 minute ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Dumbest and/or easiest to fool, or something along those lines. Never fact checked it because it's really just a drop in an ocean of piss, but it plausibly checks out. He used to be a registered Democrat for a time before all this also.

Now he's just a registered felon, and ought to be a registered sex offender.

Also, Giuliani turned himself in today as well as a couple others. I better start making popcorn.

A drop in the bucket now, for sure. 

For sure needs to be a registered sex offender. 

I'll make a run to the store tomorrow. lol A shame I'm no longer in retail. But then again, most of my tv time woulda been stock market, not following anything Trump related. It's why there's youtube.

29 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

A drop in the bucket now, for sure. 

For sure needs to be a registered sex offender. 

I'll make a run to the store tomorrow. lol A shame I'm no longer in retail. But then again, most of my tv time woulda been stock market, not following anything Trump related. It's why there's youtube.

You know, feel free to drop some stock market YouTubers into my messages. I either lost the pulse, or fintwit turned to shit, so it's hard to keep a passive ear on chatter there.

Again I've had this theory that he's secretly a Democrat trying hard to fuck up as hard as he can and publicly push the country right so it actually goes far left.  I mean if it is true he would be the best actor in the history of acting then.

I no longer think this is plausible.  He didn't intend for January 6th to fail though.  Was it incompetence or was it on purpose?  I'm still leaning toward the former.

1 minute ago, Scary Guy said:

Again I've had this theory that he's secretly a Democrat trying hard to fuck up as hard as he can and publicly push the country right so it actually goes far left.  I mean if it is true he would be the best actor in the history of acting then.

I no longer think this is plausible.  He didn't intend for January 6th to fail though.  Was it incompetence or was it on purpose?  I'm still leaning toward the former.

Ah yes, the theory that he is actually Andy Kaufman