How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

My brain feels so fuzzy right now.  If Microsoft was dumping Live.com, I wish they would have made a big to-do about it.  I was working with my LC account, AAA and court docs.  Now everything is on hold for the next 24 hours while Microsoft determines whether or not I have provided enough information to get my email account back.

I really have no faith in anything.  

I accidentally made last night's dinner with that bad water from my pipes and I paid for it all day today.  I definitely will not forget again.

I was waiting for warmer weather to start dealing with water pipes.  Fortunately, that seems to be right around the corner. 

When it rains, it pours. Everything that seemed to require money came around this past weekend. Car repairs, pay on tax refund (that could have been worse), and an accidental loss of an external hard drive. Breathe; it'll be fine. I'm grateful that I had the money to do what was done for the car. There was some guilt in me getting the new xbox, just because it all hit. Yet I deserve something that big because I worked and saved for it. Something even my mom saw. Surprising.

Just had to get that out.

Edited by NocteSpiritus

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling about tired of everything needing a fee or they will let stuff happen to your "free" accounts.

Outlook has "informed" me that once I use up my allotted "free space" that they will no longer allow my account to receive emails unless I get a subscription to 365...  However, they let in over 600+ junk emails in 3 days with many of them overflowing into my Inbox and none of which are on my safe list.

Google says that it won't allow me to receive emails or back up photos, contacts, etc., unless I purchase one of their storage subscriptions.  I used to be able to download everything from my phone directly to my computer, but they phased out that software and made everything have to go through Google storage so you would then have to download it from their cloud server.

Other services say, "Purchase a subscription if you want an "Ad Free" account.  Still others say to subscribe if you want to "unlock special features".

It's true that the majority of these subscriptions are only a few dollars per month, but when EVERYTHING is requesting a few dollars, that adds up giving you a very high "end of the year" balance.

I'm not trying to be cheap, but if I start a subscription and have to cancel, they will give me only so many days to download as much data as possible and then, once the time has expired, they will dump the rest.  But they see nothing wrong with that or badgering me into entering into an agreement to allow them to do that.  It's just a never ending battle.

The struggle is real...

😩

This feels like a slow day.  I have not had one of those in quite a while.

Unfortunately, for me, it usually signifies the calm before the storm, monsoon, blizzard, hurricane, ... 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

• Topics

• Board Domination Week CXXVI Day 3 - Tuesday's Top Ranks   1. TronRP - 23 posts 2. Simon Bar Sinister - 10 posts 3. know_buddy_kares - 10 posts   Possible Rank Contenders 4. et-novum - 6 posts 5. Anna Phylaxis - 5 posts
    • 12:00am - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list) TronRP
    • Been on auto insurance quotes for the past 7 hours trying to  assist my niece in finding affordable coverage.  This sucks for young people in Michigan.  Then it's compounded by living in the city of Detroit. 
    • Is this @cthulhu63's doing? I remember the FB post gauging interest but I didn't realize it was big enough for Mlive to catch it.
    • ~~~~~ What angers me the most about the entire incident is that it shouldn't have even been a thing.  I take my vehicle in for service every year and they are supposed to do specific point inspections for each maintenance check.  My brake line was completely rusted through and finally gave up the goat.  When I mentioned that at the service center and also how they said I was supposed to have an undercarriage zinc wash, the first thing the rep said was, "Well, you know how the weather is here and how the rain water and salt can corrode the underside of vehicles."    Yeah, I almost lost it.  That was the reason for me having the anti-corrosion wash done!  Literally, all 3 brake lines were 100% corroded on the external with the one eaten completely through.   I told them that thanks to this, when I get my vehicle back, I'm going to be under there with my inspection mirror because now I don't trust anything.  She then goes on to tell me that I hadn't been there since September of 2022.  But a service should last longer than one month and my vehicle started slowly losing break fluid less than 6 months later with being driven half the usual time and distance due to a change in Trene's doctors being closer to the Detroit city limit.   I have always worked on my vehicles myself.  Growing up, my father was an off and on mechanic and my brother was a military mechanic, so working on vehicles is practically in my blood.  The only thing I don't do is undercarriage stuff because I do not have the equipment for it, but I have a shade-tree mechanic neighbor who is willing to help me out with that.  My dealership warranty was up in 2019, so I have no issues with handling things myself going forward.   ~~~~~ My sister's situation was caused by an accident and the last thing I need is for her to lose faith in my abilities due to someone else's inability to properly do their job because auto places generally have an unspoken rule that they can get more work and money of off female drivers because we don't understand our vehicles and need their assistance. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.