What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

Got into an argument with my coworker yesterday because she started saying, well the first thing she was talking about was how I need to stop telling people that their access information for ebooks are on their receipt and I actually questioned myself because we have different ebook providers and I thought maybe I was confused so I thought about it and I'm like, no it is on the receipt because I just had a student come in who told me they didn't want the receipt but he came back and was like oh yea I guess I need it to access my account, so I went to confirm it with the manager and she said yea, I was correct than, my coworker started saying that I be making people get there receipts emailed to them abd I was like no, if they're paying with financial aid they are required to do email reciepts and her and my other coworker are laughing saying no, only if they get large items like a computer and I knew that they were wrong so I went back to confirm with manager and said well can you let them know because they don't think they are supposed to ask for email and if its like required for federal money accounting that its important so again,  Danielle comes out to reaffirm the policy and Danielle is the sweetest boss ever btw so she doesn't ever sweat or seem mad, anyway my coworker going to call me a snitch and say she never was going to tell me anything again, I fucking was like are you really going to think I'm a snitch when I just needed clarity and we ain't on the street we're at work and she's like oh you trying to say that I belong on the street? I froze like wth, no I said but you know where im from so that's not appropriate to call me a snitch at work  so she's like yea, we know you do everything right,  and rolls her eyes, and at one point I was like this is stupid were at work and I walked away crying because I felt like she was attacking my character and wasn't going to be reprimanded because our boss is super swee. I went outside and when I came back I was like I don't think I can work with her so I don't think I can work here anymore but she's like give it 24 hours first and I said ok, in hindsight I realized how it looks snitchy and my coworker texted me and apologized, I actually called her,, she was crying and opened up to me about alot more and it's because we do actually like have a friend like dynamic so it was actually more of a hurt feelings thing on both ends.. She said don't let my immature bitch ass make you quit..and she starts dogging herself and I said this is why I think we actually get along because you remind me of myself and I didn't mean to seem snitchy it came off wrong and I was off because my stupid pms yesterday and my boss mentioned my cousins funeral that I went to this weekend so yea, I was not my best but now I'm embarrassed to go to work! 😭

It's crazy how busy this day got once electricity was reintroduced to our area.  I have been going non-stop taking care of deadlines, data issues and connection problems while receiving Learning Coach orientation information from ISMI.

Life was so much more simpler just 24 hours ago...

It was interesting.  Every business I spoke with on the phone today sounded as if they thought I was trying to start a fight or acted as if they didn't understand what I was saying.  I was very clear with what I was stating, but maybe they had been speaking with people who they just couldn't satisfy and thought I might have been one of them too. 

Ganbatte Receptionists!!!

gallery_4589_1225_16681.jpg

On 8/30/2022 at 12:30 PM, kat said:

Got into an argument with my coworker yesterday because she started saying, well the first thing she was talking about was how I need to stop telling people that their access information for ebooks are on their receipt and I actually questioned myself because we have different ebook providers and I thought maybe I was confused so I thought about it and I'm like, no it is on the receipt because I just had a student come in who told me they didn't want the receipt but he came back and was like oh yea I guess I need it to access my account, so I went to confirm it with the manager and she said yea, I was correct than, my coworker started saying that I be making people get there receipts emailed to them abd I was like no, if they're paying with financial aid they are required to do email reciepts and her and my other coworker are laughing saying no, only if they get large items like a computer and I knew that they were wrong so I went back to confirm with manager and said well can you let them know because they don't think they are supposed to ask for email and if its like required for federal money accounting that its important so again,  Danielle comes out to reaffirm the policy and Danielle is the sweetest boss ever btw so she doesn't ever sweat or seem mad, anyway my coworker going to call me a snitch and say she never was going to tell me anything again, I fucking was like are you really going to think I'm a snitch when I just needed clarity and we ain't on the street we're at work and she's like oh you trying to say that I belong on the street? I froze like wth, no I said but you know where im from so that's not appropriate to call me a snitch at work  so she's like yea, we know you do everything right,  and rolls her eyes, and at one point I was like this is stupid were at work and I walked away crying because I felt like she was attacking my character and wasn't going to be reprimanded because our boss is super swee. I went outside and when I came back I was like I don't think I can work with her so I don't think I can work here anymore but she's like give it 24 hours first and I said ok, in hindsight I realized how it looks snitchy and my coworker texted me and apologized, I actually called her,, she was crying and opened up to me about alot more and it's because we do actually like have a friend like dynamic so it was actually more of a hurt feelings thing on both ends.. She said don't let my immature bitch ass make you quit..and she starts dogging herself and I said this is why I think we actually get along because you remind me of myself and I didn't mean to seem snitchy it came off wrong and I was off because my stupid pms yesterday and my boss mentioned my cousins funeral that I went to this weekend so yea, I was not my best but now I'm embarrassed to go to work! 😭

~~~~~

I had to keep rereading this because I thought I missed something.  I have been in a similar situation.  There is nothing to be embarrassed about.  Some outside life trickled into the workplace and everyone felt emotionally exposed.  It happens.  You're OK.

And by the way, you were correct to check with your boss.  I find that when I work with people like that, they just don't like people telling them what to do, so they won't even check with their own supervisors when something comes up.  They just wing it and do what they believed was the correct action.  And if they mess up and still don't get in trouble, they develop a "god complex" around the workplace.

😏

Well, at least I finally found the documents the bank wanted, but unfortunately, my meeting is with them in a couple of hours.  Do I try for a nap or do I just mentally muscle through and sleep afterwards?

7 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Wow.  All types of services and equipment are available until I put in my zip code. :dry:

~~~~~

And if I inquire about an extra service, they will downgrade what I currently have because what I currently have is no longer offered in my area.

Catch 22 in affect.

To this day, I believe one of the best marketed products in the World for its time was Reese's Pieces.

ET followed a trail of M&M's in the movie ET the Extraterrestrial and someone said, "Hey! Let's promote Reese's Pieces.  Nobody will know the difference."

And it's true, people still believe ET followed a trail of Reese's Pieces in that movie.  The only reason it bugs me so much is because when I first saw ET (after it finally aired on TV) I always wanted to have a giant bowl of M&M's just like I saw in the movie.

Now that everything can be digitally altered, I have no doubt that they have probably edited the bowl in the movie to contain Reese's Pieces, but we have the original video tape release, unaltered, with a bowl of M&M's.

But, oh well...get your wins where you can.

😏