Please pray for my dad

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repost from FaceBook:

Dad is doing really good today, they are letting him have liquids. They got all of the tumor out of his head. He's in the ICU still, but there wasn't the damage we thought there would be. So things are looking up. We still need the prayers though for a speedy recovery. Thank you to a...ll my dear friends who have been helping me deal with this.

We are in a hotel for the night in Saginaw because it's free for families of patients of St. Marys. Just trying to take it easy and rest a bit.

Repost from FaceBook:

Dad is doing really good today, they are letting him have liquids. They got all of the tumor out of his head. He's in the ICU still, but there wasn't the damage we thought there would be. So things are looking up. We still need the prayers though for a speedy recovery. Thank you to a...ll my dear friends who have been helping me deal with this.

We are in a hotel for the night in Saginaw because it's free for families of patients of St. Marys. Just trying to take it easy and rest a bit.

(((HUGS-N-KISSEZ)))

They are letting him have solid food today, which is a good sign. There is some damage though, he's still leaving hard to his left, and it doesn't seem like his left hard has as much strength as the right. We will know more once they let him get up and walk a bit. I'm heading to the hosptial around dinner time, grabbing food while I'm there since I haven't ate yet today. Mom is getting some sleep right now. I'm going to be pulling the night shift tonight again I think.

I'm really thankful for the owner of the Comfort Inn Suites here in Saginaw. He gave free rooms on Christmas Eve and Christmas day to familes of patients at St. Mary's so that where we have been staying last night and today.

He's out of the ICU :animier: The doctors and nurses are in awe of how well he's doing only 2 days after surgery. My mom even feels good enough about his progress that she is just leaving him alone tonight, so we are all going to get a decent night sleep. He also loved the Christmas present from me and my brother, "The Zombie Survial Guide". It made him laugh which is good.

• 2 weeks later...

You and your family will be in my thoughts. It is good that he has you and your family there as a strong support system. One of my best friends is going through the same thing right now. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor and is awaiting test results. Stay strong.

So it's a "Glioblastoma multiforme" and its a grade 4. Which I guess it's pretty bad. There is a chance it could regrow between 6-18 months. Dad has to start aggressive chemo and radiation within the next week. I really don't know what we are going to do. I have to figure something out job wise so I can help pay the bills so we don't lose the house. Because frankly we have way too much shit to move. And my family has been living on this property since 1874, this is our home.

Edit to add:

Just wanted to put the right name of the tumor/cancer it is.

Edited by TitsMcGee

So it's a "glioblastoma" and its a grade 4. Which I guess it's pretty bad. There is a chance it could regrow between 6-18 months. Dad has to start aggressive chemo and radiation within the next week. I really don't know what we are going to do. I have to figure something out job wise so I can help pay the bills so we don't lose the house. Because frankly we have way too much shit to move. And my family has been living on this property since 1874, this is our home.

**HUGS**