Please pray for my dad

So to make a long story short, we found out today that my dad has a brain tumor. He's at Saginaw St. Mary's hospital right now and it looks like he's going to have surgery tonight or tomorrow basically withing the next 24 hours. Please pray or your equivalent for him.

Needless to say I probably won't be around much, but I will try to keep ya'll posted.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard from my mom. They can't get the MRI done tonight because he keeps fidgeting uncontrolably and they can't give him anymore muscle relaxers. My brother and I will be heading down to Saginaw in the morning. As of right now I'm drinking myself into oblivion so I can at least sleep.

I am so sorry.

Of course I'll pray for your father, and I'll pray for your strength to be there and supportive to him and your family. They need it too, as do you.

In the Jewish faith, we have a prayer for a refuah shleimah,

a complete recovery for all that are sick and ailing.

I just sang this for your father.

(the "funny language" is Hebrew with the English translation sung in the line immediately afterwards)

Mi Sheberakh

Mi sheberakh avoteinu mekor habrakha l’imoteinu

May the Source of strength

Who blessed the ones before us

Help us find the courage

To make our lives a blessing,

And let us say: Amen.

Mi sheberakh imoteinu mekor habrakha l’avoteinu

Bless those in need of healing With refuah shleima:

The renewal of body,

The renewal of spirit,

And let us say: Amen

(((HUGS)))

bean and I will be thinking of you and your father

Edited by the eternal

Here is an update from TMG. She has asked me to post for her, as she cannot log into DGN from the hospital.

Her dad has gone in for his MRI right now. They had to fully sedate him, because the tremors were so bad.

The doctors will be operating immediately after, as the lesion is quite large. The tumor is located in between the frontal and parietal lobes of his brain.

This is all I know, so far. I will keep you all posted.

Here is an update from TMG. She has asked me to post for her, as she cannot log into DGN from the hospital.

Her dad has gone in for his MRI right now. They had to fully sedate him, because the tremors were so bad.

The doctors will be operating immediately after, as the lesion is quite large. The tumor is located in between the frontal and parietal lobes of his brain.

This is all I know, so far. I will keep you all posted.

How sweet of you...thanx.

This hits so close to home. I will send all my thoughts and energy your Dad's way. My mother's was in a similar location and she is 1 year out and well today. I'll be pulling for the same for your dad. Hang in there, and if you need anything, even to just vent about it, I understand way better than I would like to, and am here for you. *hugs*

Update:

Marie's dad is in surgery, now. She has gone to the hospitality house to catch some sleep, as she says she can no longer stay awake.

Thank God, Shes been filling me in via text messages and I know shes hasnt slept for about 24 hours. Im crossing everything that crosses and praying to Jesus, Alla, Ganeesh, Budha and everyone else I can think of.