Hunhee

People who have commented in this thread but didn't say if they'd be coming:

jynxxxedangel

Eevee

Slogo

KatRN05

Mean Salley

Bernadette

Anyone else need to step up and say they are coming?

Alternatively, anyone know they aren't coming who is on this list?

I don't think we really need reservations, per se, but I intend to call either this afternoon or tomorrow and alert them to the coming tsunami in hopes that they will be prepared with heretofore never beholden mountains of fish and other tasty delights. So far it looks like approximately 16-20 people (hmmmm maybe reservations will be useful after all!) - I figure there's a lot of wiggle room for the inevitable drop-outs and extras brought along, but I'd still like to have as accurate a guess as possible.

Thanks everyone!

sushi-large.jpg

(The contestants' first helping.)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I call to make the reservation/whatever, I will ask what the options are for carry-out for our devoted entertainment staff. Can't guarantee what time any of us will get over to the Leland tho, so I don't know when you'd all get it! I'll find out the options when I call and post here, and then anyone who needs some can let me know what they'd like to do and we can take care of it. ;)

I have been able to go through about $100.00 in sushi by myself alone. :drool

And THIS is why we are going to a buffet.

While the sushi may be slightly less awesome, it's still very awesome, and won't cost us each $100. Well, it wouldn't cost most of us SANE people $100 ANYWAY, but...yeah. Even I could easily eat almost that much (okay...maybe not...but half that, sure) if I'd let myself spend the money - it's just that I stop at a reasonable level of fullness when I'm actually paying for each piece (and usually don't even get fully full). But at Fuji I can eat several plates and be veeeery happy.

But still...I don't know that I could eat even all of Mike's "appetizer" above. -.-;;;

When I call to make the reservation/whatever, I will ask what the options are for carry-out for our devoted entertainment staff. Can't guarantee what time any of us will get over to the Leland tho, so I don't know when you'd all get it! I'll find out the options when I call and post here, and then anyone who needs some can let me know what they'd like to do and we can take care of it. ;)

YOU ARE SOOOO TOTALLY AWESOME!

We has a reservation. I made it for 20 people for now but I imagine it may change a bit - it would be appreciated if anyone who knows they will or will NOT be coming, please post here so I can call again Friday or Saturday and let them know a more accurate number.

Our reservation is under the name.....

DGN.

As for our unfortunate performers who cannot make it, I inquired about pricing for carry-out. There are 2 options - buying off the menu as at any normal sushi restaurant (I can't seem to find a menu online, so I'm not sure what they have or the prices), or picking straight off the buffet. For the buffet, maki-zushi (rolls) are 50cents/piece (like, a standard roll is cut into about 6 parts, right? Each part/bite is $0.50), and nigiri-zushi or sashimi (just the fish, no rice) is $1/piece.

Please speak up with your orders! Nothing too specific please, I don't know what exactly they'll have, but a general idea of what you want / what you want to spend / things you definitely want included / things you definitely DON'T want included. XD

Edited by TheOsakaKoneko