What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

Think I'm catching a cold...

Along with everything else I've had to do in negative windchill factors in the past week, I spent 3 hours yesterday moving stuff from the shed to the house trying to do a rush job on a half done room so it can accommodate a chemotherapy patient. Now I'm worried, if I don't be careful, I might be the next one in need of some form of treatment.

...time for Tamazula and Cayenne noodles :biggrin:

I can't believe I spent all of yesterday recovering from almost catching a cold just to spend the rest of the day running between houses cleaning, washing dishes, doing laundry, handling medication distribution and collecting recycling. At some point, I am supposed to have an entire bedroom ready for move-in by this afternoon.

My how time flies when you're taking on the world...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe my mother is about to have surgery and she can't even count on the ones actually staying at the house with her. I am so grateful we were here to handle everything yesterday and this morning. If this is how things are going to be during her chemo, I will make sure she will have NOTHING to bother her...even if I have to kick everyone out!

I don't like to complain about how much pain I am in when someone else is hurting. It makes it seem like I am trying to prove that I am hurting too. Sounds petty but I encountered a person who tried to prove they were in more pain than I was. I didn't realize that was what she was doing until she said, ":censored: how are you even upright? I couldn't top that if I tried." After she left another patient told me not to worry about her because the lady always tries to get sympathy from other patients by proving how much worse her pain is than others. I never want anyone to think that's what I am doing. Yes,I want help with my pain but No,I don't want it to be what people remember about me.

I don't like to complain about how much pain I am in when someone else is hurting. It makes it seem like I am trying to prove that I am hurting too. Sounds petty but I encountered a person who tried to prove they were in more pain than I was. I didn't realize that was what she was doing until she said, ":censored: how are you even upright? I couldn't top that if I tried." After she left another patient told me not to worry about her because the lady always tries to get sympathy from other patients by proving how much worse her pain is than others. I never want anyone to think that's what I am doing. Yes,I want help with my pain but No,I don't want it to be what people remember about me.

Well, no need to worry about anything like that around here. When we were kids, we expected you to be blind before your 13th birthday. After "Uncle Sam" returned you home in "Chinese Jumper Shoes" (not sure why the name) and torn ligaments in your achilles tendons, we expected you to be using a walker by the time you turned 19. Multiple car accidents and years of hypodermic treatments later we are just happy to still be celebrating victory birthdays with you.

Wow! Just wow. I am proud of the fact I'm not a club chic anymore yet I'm being treated as if my decision to settle my ass down a bit is a weakness? I do believe someone has gotten s*** twisted and I thought being that you are 12 years older you were on the same wavelength? Damn I can't get it right ever:(

Edited by kat

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic