Foofing

taysteewonderbunny

I did a search and got this stuff...

1. foofing

A non-technical photographic term for bouncing the light from a flash unit off of a nearby wall or other neutral-colored object in order to diffuse and redirect the light. It produces far more natural looking light (and shadows) than firing a flash directly at the subject.

While shooting the couple's first dance, the wedding photographer swiveled the head of his flash to one side so that he was foofing them rather than blasting them with hard light.

2. foofing

a euphamism for fucking

I heard Jenny's foofing around with quite a few boys lately.

3. foofing

chilling, hanging out, not doing much. see foofin'

You: man, what are you doing?

Me: nothin, just foofin' out

So....which one is it?

Heard of it? Been a victim? If yes, don't give it away to those who have not. I want to organize a gang. Who will join me? PM with your weapon of choice.

You've piqued my curiosity...I've heard of a photography trick involving this...but what context are you utilizing??

I did a search and got this stuff...

1. foofing

A non-technical photographic term for bouncing the light from a flash unit off of a nearby wall or other neutral-colored object in order to diffuse and redirect the light. It produces far more natural looking light (and shadows) than firing a flash directly at the subject.

While shooting the couple's first dance, the wedding photographer swiveled the head of his flash to one side so that he was foofing them rather than blasting them with hard light.

2. foofing

a euphamism for fucking

I heard Jenny's foofing around with quite a few boys lately.

3. foofing

chilling, hanging out, not doing much. see foofin'

You: man, what are you doing?

Me: nothin, just foofin' out

So....which one is it?

NONE OF THE ABOVE! Yeah, the word was chosen as a reference to a euphemism for fucking, but it's not fucking so much as, Damn! Now you're fucked. The actual activity is messy but it will only make nuns blush.

Archived