Well,

This has come as a surprise.  Although Invision stated that they were discontinuing the Marketplace, they did not make it clear that we would no longer be using the products of the third-party vendors.

Please note that I am currently looking into a solution.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

Well,

This has come as a surprise.  Although Invision stated that they were discontinuing the Marketplace, they did not make it clear that we would no longer be using the products of the third-party vendors.

Please note that I am currently looking into a solution.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

The site seems slower as well, on top of the glaringly obvious changes.

The login fields are still incorrect as well so my password app still fills them in wrong.

Well I don't care what it looks like, I'm not here for the facade.  I also force a dark theme with DarkReader anyway.

4 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

The site seems slower as well, on top of the glaringly obvious changes.

The login fields are still incorrect as well so my password app still fills them in wrong.

Well I don't care what it looks like, I'm not here for the facade.  I also force a dark theme with DarkReader anyway.

~~~~~

There are no changes, I had to set us back to the "Default" board because the Carbon theme became non-existent...just a lot of random text in outline format.

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

There are no changes, I had to set us back to the "Default" board because the Carbon theme became non-existent...just a lot of random text in outline format.

The site's theme breaking and reverting to default does in fact count as a change :P

I am pretty sure you meant under the hood back end changes though.

Edited by Scary Guy

As a temporary fix, I will try applying the theme color settings from the previous theme to this IP Board theme just to dim the brightness a bit.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• TronRP pinned this topic

It took a few hours, but I finally got DGN back to a shadow of its former glory.

Before:

large.IMG_20240203_051346.png

After:

large.IMG_20240203_051353.png

A more permanent theme solution is in the works.

Again, thank you for your patience.

Edited by TronRP

Yeah, I noticed when I came in and got blinded since DarkReader pretty much just inverts the colors turning white into black.  Now I'm just hoping I don't eventually get killed at some zebra crossing for my transgressions against the visual spectrum.

Anyway it shouldn't be too hard getting the fancy backgrounds back either.  Icons and the rest of the theme will be some work though.

Just be sure to write down the changes made so you can make them again if (when) the software upgrades and breaks them.

6 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah, I noticed when I came in and got blinded since DarkReader pretty much just inverts the colors turning white into black.  Now I'm just hoping I don't eventually get killed at some zebra crossing for my transgressions against the visual spectrum.

Anyway it shouldn't be too hard getting the fancy backgrounds back either.  Icons and the rest of the theme will be some work though.

Just be sure to write down the changes made so you can make them again if (when) the software upgrades and breaks them.

~~~~~

The difference is, this layout is free as part of the IP Board hosting through Invision.  The previous theme was paid for through a third party vendor.  I mimicked what I could of the paid theme onto the free default layout.

The only way this will break is if we leave Invision.

Given what I've been through with themes over the years, I would much rather teach myself how to create the settings and make my own usable theme for free.

:cool

• 1 month later...

The new little icons to the left of each forum are pretty sweet looking instead of the old bubble text box.  Nice touch.  It took me a minute to realize what was different when one of the little dragons was lit up in the void on a forum I hadn’t read. 

Those backgrounds are huge though now.  I mean it sort of looks neat but I have to scroll more to see/get to all the subforums and that is mildly annoying.  Less fit on one page now as opposed to the old style.

Just now, Scary Guy said:

Those backgrounds are huge though now.  I mean it sort of looks neat but I have to scroll more to see/get to all the subforums and that is mildly annoying.  Less fit on one page now as opposed to the old style.

~~~~~

Apologies, I forgot to switch.  Handling that now. 

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Ah, though that would still annoy me on a tablet/phone.  This is why I use desktop mode everywhere.

~~~~~

Yeah, I figured as much.  In the back of my head I kept saying "switch it back before SG sees it", but then I got lost in a bunch of other settings.

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Yeah, I figured as much.  In the back of my head I kept saying "switch it back before SG sees it", but then I got lost in a bunch of other settings.

I mean I do see the appeal as it might make it a bit easier to tap on a forum, but it'd just make it harder to navigate and involve more scrolling.  Pinch and zoom works fine if something is hard to tap/see too.

I am glad that I'm thought of when considering design choices though :D