The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

On 2 scoops a day of cheap Body Fortress whey it was 2 1/2 to 5 pounds added every two weeks. Its less now without whey, but I'll save money.

I actually meant the progression of weight that you were lifting. Just now realized how unclear I managed to make that...

Chernobyl was talking about Manfast at our Bad Movie Night last week and I was finally like

Oh shit! I'm still fat.

Now many of you will disagree, but the BMI calculator called me Obese.

Not anymore!

I started calorie reduction Monday and I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days.

I am now officially merely Overweight.

I will continue until I reach my 1st goal--30 lbs.

Then I'll reassess.

PS. Cardio was good today.

So it's been a while since I've been around. Been a long, cold winter and I've gone and let myself go a bit. I don't "look" like I have, but I've lost strength and stamina by quite a large chunk.

Looking for a little advice on how I shold proceed with things.

I'm now back in martial arts classes and am going back in a full training regimen kind of like I did last summer. This time, however, I want a bit more of a plan with my weight training. My main goal for my weight training is to gain raw strength, muscle endurance, and some tone. I will probably do one bulking day once a week or every two weeks just to round out the routine. My body type is small and kind of sleek wiry. Maybe a Bruce Lee type body if i was super hardcore. In a fight I would for sure have to rely on speed and technique long before any kind of brute strength. That is my reasoning for my emphasis on raw strength, endurance and tone. I also want to maintain flexibility. I practice mostly Chinese style martial arts so speed and flexibility are very important. Invictus should know where I'm coming from on this. Now I have done a good amount of homework on how things work, but I'm having trouble coming up with a specific program.

I was doing p90x for a little while to tide me over until I got back into martial arts. But now that I again have a structured, and guided workout, I'm really only going to use it for yoga and jump training. Maybe also for the push-ups-pull-ups video. And if anyone has ever been curious about checking out p90x wondering if it really works and is the real dead, it is. Get it. It's a great program.

What I was thinking, in order to help speed things along and to simplify things, was to do 3x weight training per week. Each session would be a full body. When I was doing the full body routine before, it would take roughly an hour, give or take. Sometimes a little longer or shorter depending if my energy level wanted me to add a few more or not do a few specific excersises. Days 1 and 3 would be heavy heavy weight and day 2 would be about 2/3 the weight of heavy days at about twice the reps. As far as sets go, I always do 2 sets. I try to make sure I don't have enough energy left in a muscle group after 2 sets so I can move on to the next muscle group. Also i try to keep it in a circuit, not doing the same body part 2 excersizes in a row (i.e. arms, then legs, then core, then arms, and so on).

So with all that being said, how should I progress my weight increases? Is there any reason I should not do a full body routine? Just how neurotic should I be about what I eat? I'm great about eating well and properly all day, but at the end of the day I tend to crap out and just eat the most convenient and/or tasty thing around.

So yeah, that's what I got for now. Great to be back on the thread!

@Musashi

This: Starting Strength. I'd suggest the witchita falls novice program as it includes powercleans which will help you with your power generation. If after 6-8 weeks you start to feel burned out on that program, switch to this one which is more geared toward straight power: Big-21 for 6 weeks and then go back to SS.

Stretch after every workout. Also, do cardio in the morning running, skipping, or something like this magic 50. Make sure you eat enough, otherwise your performance will suffer, especially if you're adding weights to ma training for the first time. You will gain some fat as you gain muscular weight, but that's easy enough to cut during another, different training cycle.

So it's been a while since I've been around. Been a long, cold winter and I've gone and let myself go a bit. I don't "look" like I have, but I've lost strength and stamina by quite a large chunk.

Looking for a little advice on how I shold proceed with things.

I'm now back in martial arts classes and am going back in a full training regimen kind of like I did last summer. This time, however, I want a bit more of a plan with my weight training. My main goal for my weight training is to gain raw strength, muscle endurance, and some tone. I will probably do one bulking day once a week or every two weeks just to round out the routine. My body type is small and kind of sleek wiry. Maybe a Bruce Lee type body if i was super hardcore. In a fight I would for sure have to rely on speed and technique long before any kind of brute strength. That is my reasoning for my emphasis on raw strength, endurance and tone. I also want to maintain flexibility. I practice mostly Chinese style martial arts so speed and flexibility are very important. Invictus should know where I'm coming from on this. Now I have done a good amount of homework on how things work, but I'm having trouble coming up with a specific program.

I was doing p90x for a little while to tide me over until I got back into martial arts. But now that I again have a structured, and guided workout, I'm really only going to use it for yoga and jump training. Maybe also for the push-ups-pull-ups video. And if anyone has ever been curious about checking out p90x wondering if it really works and is the real dead, it is. Get it. It's a great program.

What I was thinking, in order to help speed things along and to simplify things, was to do 3x weight training per week. Each session would be a full body. When I was doing the full body routine before, it would take roughly an hour, give or take. Sometimes a little longer or shorter depending if my energy level wanted me to add a few more or not do a few specific excersises. Days 1 and 3 would be heavy heavy weight and day 2 would be about 2/3 the weight of heavy days at about twice the reps. As far as sets go, I always do 2 sets. I try to make sure I don't have enough energy left in a muscle group after 2 sets so I can move on to the next muscle group. Also i try to keep it in a circuit, not doing the same body part 2 excersizes in a row (i.e. arms, then legs, then core, then arms, and so on).

So with all that being said, how should I progress my weight increases? Is there any reason I should not do a full body routine? Just how neurotic should I be about what I eat? I'm great about eating well and properly all day, but at the end of the day I tend to crap out and just eat the most convenient and/or tasty thing around.

So yeah, that's what I got for now. Great to be back on the thread!

ROFL P90X. I take orders for those! As a matter of fact, I'm on the clock right now. Mostly calls today for Sensa and New Shaper Slims, but yeah. Kinda disappointed, because apparently I'm supposed to be getting calls routed in for the American Red Cross dealing with what happened in Japan...but haven't gotten a single call :X . The sad part is that I've gotten calls for Sensa, DirectBuy, New Body Shaper, and Ahh Bra, but nobody donating to the earthquake cause so far.

ROFL P90X. I take orders for those! As a matter of fact, I'm on the clock right now. Mostly calls today for Sensa and New Shaper Slims, but yeah. Kinda disappointed, because apparently I'm supposed to be getting calls routed in for the American Red Cross dealing with what happened in Japan...but haven't gotten a single call :X . The sad part is that I've gotten calls for Sensa, DirectBuy, New Body Shaper, and Ahh Bra, but nobody donating to the earthquake cause so far.

Chernobyl was talking about Manfast at our Bad Movie Night last week and I was finally like

Oh shit! I'm still fat.

Now many of you will disagree, but the BMI calculator called me Obese.

Not anymore!

I started calorie reduction Monday and I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days.

I am now officially merely Overweight.

I will continue until I reach my 1st goal--30 lbs.

Then I'll reassess.

PS. Cardio was good today.

Funny you should say that, because I also realized at that point I'm also still fat!

GOAL:

100_1337.jpg

Funny you should say that, because I also realized at that point I'm also still fat!

GOAL:

100_1337.jpg

Ok, the SS program looks good. Curious about neglecting other muscle groups like biceps, triceps etc. do I work on those during an odd week? How does that work. This program seems like a pretty short workout (which is just fine), so I want to make sure all my bases are covered.

Ok, the SS program looks good. Curious about neglecting other muscle groups like biceps, triceps etc. do I work on those during an odd week? How does that work. This program seems like a pretty short workout (which is just fine), so I want to make sure all my bases are covered.

Chinups work the biceps just fine, bench and overhead press both have tricep activation, bench more so than press.

Going to tear up some Dance Dance Revolution later after work today :jamin:.

Back button BROKENFMLHERECOMESGAININGWEIGHTAGAINGBRAAASARHRHRHRH;WEOIRUOP;AWSUIERIO;AUWEROAWUEROUAR!@$@#%@$@^#$^^^^%^#q#$^%$$%

Back button BROKENFMLHERECOMESGAININGWEIGHTAGAINGBRAAASARHRHRHRH;WEOIRUOP;AWSUIERIO;AUWEROAWUEROUAR!@$@#%@$@^#$^^^^%^#q#$^%$$%

Day 3 of diet is going well. Haven't worked out since Wednesday night's ground-fighting class. My back and shoulders and pretty much my entire body hurt from Wednesday night's class. The school got an 18ft UFC-like cage so we practiced inside of it. We did a lot of throws and take-downs plus we grappled. Let me say that having fence digging into one's back is not the best feeling in the world. I haz bruises everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, where is everyone?

Since the start of my diet, I've lost about 4.5 lbs. I ran another 5k on Saturday morning in Dearborn called the Martian Marathon and then I went to City. Might go to the gym today and lift weights then it's my usual Krav Maga and ground-fighting schedule the rest of the week.