The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

I am definately going to one of the classes to see how is it. I really need to work on sparring and ground-fighting.

You should see if you can find bas's technique video on youtube for the roundhouse kick. I've been doing thaiboxing for a couple of years, and when I switched to his technique for the roundkick I kicked the heavybag so hard that I raised a hematoma on my shin.

Edited by Invictus

You should see if you can find bas's technique video on youtube for the roundhouse kick. I've been doing thaiboxing for a couple of years, and when I switched to his technique for the roundkick I kicked the heavybag so hard that I raised a hematoma on my shin.

I'm not really familiar with Bas or any of his techniques but I will definately look for the videos on youtube. From what I understand, these classes are not like fight club so I'm not entirely sure how its suppose to go. I will keep ya posted.

Edited by KatRN05

I'm not really familiar with Bas or any of his techniques but I will definately look for the videos on youtube. From what I understand, these classes are not like fight club so I'm not entirely sure how its suppose to go. I will keep ya posted.

Cool. The long and short is that Bas was a dutch kickboxer who got into pancrase and then full on MMA. He started off as a great striker, but developed an excellent ground game once he saw a need for it. He also has the hardest recorded kicks in combat sports.

Cool. The long and short is that Bas was a dutch kickboxer who got into pancrase and then full on MMA. He started off as a great striker, but developed an excellent ground game once he saw a need for it. He also has the hardest recorded kicks in combat sports.

Ah ok. Yeah, now I am excited for this class. I've been taking a ground-fighting class at my school, I'm still not very comfortable with it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Bas Rutten Fight Club started this week but I think I am not going until this Saturday. Went to KM class monday and tonight was KM ground-fighting. Went to the gym and did a little bit of cardio and lifted weights today as well. Probably will go to the gym in the morning before pre-work naptime.

So I never made it to the Bas Rutten class on Saturday, ended up passing out on the couch. So I will go this week on Tuesday. The only thing that sucks is that it's at 8:30pm and an hour or so after KM class which I plan to attend to. Gonna go to kickboxing and KM this morning. I went to the gym yesterday and lifted weights and did a little bit of cardio.

Went to KM class and then a Bas Rutten class an hour after that. I ended up just observing the last part of the class because it was just 4 guys and me and they were doing body strikes. When we were doing the 1 to 4 combinations with Thai pads, my instructor said he was impressed. I still need to work on my striking though.

Is hitting the gym with the boyfriend after school :animier:.

Also want to learn capoeira, but have a feeling I'm going to have issues finding anywhere to do it. That's what the internet and a large basement is for though, right? I just figure if I'm going to be a breakdancer and a fighter, well that's just an easy decision.

Is hitting the gym with the boyfriend after school :animier:.

Also want to learn capoeira, but have a feeling I'm going to have issues finding anywhere to do it. That's what the internet and a large basement is for though, right? I just figure if I'm going to be a breakdancer and a fighter, well that's just an easy decision.

Kung-fu, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, and tai chi! Though I haven't been able to get to class in a while due having to adjust to me new work schedule (midnights) and getting used to the physicality of the job (loading/unloading/sorting many heavy boxes all night)...and financial issues. Gah! Why can't I pay for lessons by washing a car or something like Ralph Macchio? So I suppose I've still been getting a good workout. Been working the last 6 days in a row and good god am I sore in every part of my body. Thank god for 2 days off for recovery! Gonna get back on track soon though. I really miss kung-fu class :(

Capoeira: elegant, acrobatic, quick .....

and absolute useless in combat. ;)

Edited by Saint Germain