Piercing-Mounted Eyeglasses.

pheramoans

Appropos of nothing...there's a William Gibson story that features a female character with sunglass lenses mounted/implanted onto her face - the entire eyesocket being the bracket/frame for each lens.

Molly, the original female cyberpunk badass! I couldn't believe how they desecrated the character in the dreadful film version of Johnny Mnemonic. How dare they turn such an awesome character into a simpering wretch who needed to be rescued by Keanu Reeves at his most emotionless!

A woman came into work today who had a wedding band tattooed on her finger. Now that's commitment.

My little brother and his wife did that too ... of course, their best-friend (at the time) was a tattoo artist and they couldn't afford wedding bands after paying her out of warrants so she could return to Michigan ....

A woman came into work today who had a wedding band tattooed on her finger. Now that's commitment.

It would be the only tattoo I would consider, *IF* I was to get married. Being in the job means that I have to take off all jewelery from my hands to keep things sterile, and a ring can get lost. Better a little pain than being crucified by the Mrs. for losing my band.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i agree i dont think id like having glasses nailed to my face...in case i get in a fight having them snaged on my shirt kissing someone would be hard its difficult enough trying to iss with normal glasses but i agree with everyone when it looks liek a ashitty idea

...WOW...and when you get into a fight? Snag them on a corner? Fall down?

Pass.

I wear glasses, and i'd never consider these..imagine if they got stuck on your shirt while you were getting dressed - OUCH!

That's pretty much my take on any type of facial piercing. All I've ever had was pierced ears, and those have gotten tangled in my hair enough times for me to think 'Nose ring? Eyebrow ring? No way!' Owww...

As for the glasses, don't think it's so bad. I would never get one because I'm not a piercing person, but I actually think it's kind of clever.

And the eye piercing stuff... :sick:

Archived