How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

I am feeling very under appreciated at work.  The managers have decided to start cutting my hours back  to about 34 hours a week even though the owner said that the 6+ hours a week overtime was fine and I could have as much overtime as I wanted.  The owner also told me that he was going to give me a raise but someone seems to be blocking that as well.  I was told that the only way for me to get a pay raise now is to start working the line where they verbally abused me to the point that I almost walked out.  Meanwhile I am the only dishwasher who works there so they have to have busers cover my days off, which they pay more than me even though they don't do any cleaning or even do dish properly.  They also have their prep people "cover" dish during the day so I end up with my station overflowing every day, even slow days, with even stuff sitting on the floor waiting to be washed every single day.  I also help close the kitchen line down because I get dish done so quickly that I I have to help them so I can get the final dishes from them before I shut the dish area down.  I think I deserve a lot more than $9.50 an hour.

I don't understand why I have to be in so much discomfort and pain. Everything I do is to help everyone else. My legs have been in terrible pain since I got back from court, shopping (tearing up my shoe), and running errands around 3pm yesterday. The aching was so bad I passed out almost in tears after sending out an S.O.S. text, so to speak. 

And yes, I was late, again, for my shift because I didn't wake up until 7pm when the phone rang. Then I had a bit of a panic attack taking care of Ma because she now gurgles all the time and I worry she may pass from pneumonia before we can have her seen. After turning her care over to the night aide, I managed to make it to the post office by 11:25pm to mail off the petition I filed before heading down to do security checks and then finally getting home for the chance to eat dinner at 12:30am.

I finally relaxed and fell to sleep around 1:30am just to be awakened by bad leg pain again 30 minutes ago. I am afraid to take too much in the way of painkillers because I have to get the kids off to school by 7am then be back down to the courthouse by 8:30am where they have me scheduled to see two different judges on two different floors at the same time. 

Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't complain and just count my blessings. I'm the last of the fully functional ones still equipped with some form of stamina...

I have a really bad migraine today, like the photophobia is working itself in this afternoon. I was supposed to go out and to something, play disc golf which is Frisbee lol and now I get to bail again. Who is going to deal with me and my last minute I'm not feeling well shit and I can't go anywhere in the sun when my migraine hits because it feels like someone is pouring acid in my eyes. How can I expect someone to deal with this?

I'm kinda feeling like a doof.  I just realized I was suffering from SEVERE dehydration due to running up and down 40 flights of stairs at the courthouse Tuesday in an attempt to handle every possible file order I could think of so I could have time off from having to be in court what felt like every 3 to 5 days. 

I drank a couple beers last weekend and ever since than I have felt randomly nauseated at certain times, like I had to vomit last night and today I feel I could as well. Food, like any food sounds disgusting just thinking about it even though I'm so hungry but I can't eat. I am thinking an ulcer but this feels worse than when I had ulcers before because in the past food temporary made me feel better, now..eww. I can't be pregnant so idk. Maybe stomach bug? I really feel like shit. 

:ralph

I was sooo hungry, I finally made dinner. It was awesome too but now I have to do that vomiting thing. Damn it, I feel like I am getting a fever too, can someone come take care of me? :crybaby::doc:

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  I wish I could help but work has been a roller coaster ride lately.  I would suggest you start taking grape seed extract.  Take one in the morning and 2 before bed.  It will help boost your immune system.  To help with your stomach, try peppermint tea with honey.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  I wish I could help but work has been a roller coaster ride lately.  I would suggest you start taking grape seed extract.  Take one in the morning and 2 before bed.  It will help boost your immune system.  To help with your stomach, try peppermint tea with honey.

Thanks. I have ginger tea and honey..I drink regular coke and that helps too for some reason, lol..maybe it's because that's what my mom gave us when we were sick as kids:) Grape seed extract, now I have a new research subject.. I'm off to go get googleducated. 

is there a stomach bug going around? I notice this post and your sis is saying she's sick too. 

Fortunately for me, I found out what happened. I was dehydrated to the point of almost needing to be hospitalized, but discovered and treated it in time.

Unfortunately for everyone at the Homehouse, it appears that our mother may have caught a cold and has given it to everyone in the house. I feel this could have been prevented if she had the chance to go to her scheduled respite, but our little sister canceled it because she didn't feel our mother would have been strong enough to make it until Monday, which would have been her return home date. 

Wait a second, The Pope had law enforcement of every flavor going on... Hmmm

Damn, I wish my brother could talk about what he is doing, I'm so curious

Also, Philadelphia was shut down so I have to wait for my check!! Oh well.

Hey, maybe I go to PA and see my brother while he's there and go to Reliance and get my money myself, I need to get away for a bit. Fuck it. Lol

Edited by kat

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic