How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

Thanks for the suggestion. That's the way my aunt does it :happy:

Unfortunately, due to the fact that I don't drink, it may do more harm than good. I'm known for "burning it out". Replace the whiskey with Cayenne Pepper and Tamazula Hot Sauce and you have my version of a Hot Toddy followed by a shot of Wasabi. :jamin

It will actually make you sleep longer since you don't drink.  You seem to not sleep much so the sleep will probably do you some good.

It will actually make you sleep longer since you don't drink.  You seem to not sleep much so the sleep will probably do you some good.

I have to tell you, life is interesting when you live with a high metabolism. If anything breaks my rest, I'm awake and off and running...lol.

After I wrote about the "Hot Toddy", I just remembered one of the reasons I went shopping at One World Market the other day (besides the rice bowls) was to get some more Wasabi. I haven't had a cold in years, but when our mother passed, even though we were prepared for it, I did cry a little. Things just escalated from there. However, although I had managed to keep my symptoms under control, I got curious about the medicine the kids were used to taking because with them being my resonsibilty now, I wanted to make sure I am doing everything within my power to keep them safe and well cared for. But I must say, after this experience, I'm going to be weary of OTC products for "Children".

I feel great...all those little ones have warm coats today. When they all crowded together and yelled, "Thank You!" I was really shocked and felt like I wanted to give all of them a big hug, but I don't know what the protocol is for hugging other people's children...But it was so nice seeing them smiling, warm, and happy. :biggrin:

I have to tell you, life is interesting when you live with a high metabolism. If anything breaks my rest, I'm awake and off and running...lol.

After I wrote about the "Hot Toddy", I just remembered one of the reasons I went shopping at One World Market the other day (besides the rice bowls) was to get some more Wasabi. I haven't had a cold in years, but when our mother passed, even though we were prepared for it, I did cry a little. Things just escalated from there. However, although I had managed to keep my symptoms under control, I got curious about the medicine the kids were used to taking because with them being my resonsibilty now, I wanted to make sure I am doing everything within my power to keep them safe and well cared for. But I must say, after this experience, I'm going to be weary of OTC products for "Children".

I really feel that kids now days are way over medicated and misdiagnosed.  It's a good idea to look into every medication they were being given and look into what exactly it is for.   

I really feel that kids now days are way over medicated and misdiagnosed.  It's a good idea to look into every medication they were being given and look into what exactly it is for.   

Most definitely. 

I took care of multiple errands plus a doctor's appointment and wrapped up the day watching a race between the kids, my neighbor and her daughter...it felt great to just fall out laughing with everyone.

I feel like I dodged a bullet. My ex may be right, he said he always felt that I was interrogating him but he probably felt that way because what he said never made sense, if a person is being honest It doesn't feel like an interrogation because they have nothing to hide and there answers are straight. Don't hate me because I know when a muthafucker is lying. Oh and god people look even more ridiculous when they get caught up and then start making up things as they go..that's just insulting. 

Edited by kat

Feels like it's going to be one of those days. Not only am I a bit punchy from handling an all nighter of tracking down paperwork, making a 2:30am shopping run and just getting back in from sending the kids off to school, I just relocated a dislocated bone in my wrist while processing items for recycling. The pain was so immediate and intense, it took me a brief second to determine where the pain was emanating from. Once I realized it was from my wrist, I knew exactly what had happened. 

Fortunately for me, I keep athletic elastic tape on hand...

No freakin' way!! I totally called it! It's one of those day!!!!!!

On top of everything that has been going on with the government freezing my bank account and bills coming due tomorrow, my "life line" credit card is now suspended indefinitely due to fraudulent activity. Actions are being taken to open a new account, but that won't be until sometime next week!

Every time something like this has happened in the past, it's like a paradigm shift occurs and I recover in a better state than I went down in. I liken it to the phoenix rising scenario, but it always takes its toll on my current situation.

I'm like wow, just...wow...:blink:

I have been feeling a lot like a door mat lately.  I am over worked, underpaid and disrespected a lot at work.  I applied for a better paying job and I am hopeful.  I don't know why I let people walk all over me.

Sometimes it's just easier to be the mat than to handle continuous confrontation. 

I truly hope you can get out of that situation. Maybe that area is cursed because I suffered a similar situation working up the road from there. Fortunately, I was able to get into a whole better work environment. I do wish the same for you. :biggrin:

Sometimes it's just easier to be the mat than to handle continuous confrontation. 

I truly hope you can get out of that situation. Maybe that area is cursed because I suffered a similar situation working up the road from there. Fortunately, I was able to get into a whole better work environment. I do wish the same for you. :biggrin:

I actually had an incident with a coworker today.  He has had a habit of hiding full bus tubs till the end of the night.  He brings 4 to 5 overflowing bus tubs of dishes back at the same time as the kitchen is tearing down.  This is a major issue since I am the only dishwasher meaning I am also running and stocking dishes as well as doing all the cleaning and trash runs ect.  I have talked to the managers about it several times and they have talked to him about it.  He was doing it again tonight and I had enough so I went out and grabbed one of the overflowing tubs early while I had a clear station.  The coworker came back yelling at me for doing it and I just snapped and started yelling at him to stop arguing and just do his job.  He kept yelling at me and insulting me but I stood my ground.  I did not insult him other than to say that bring the dishes back is part of his job and he needs to make sure it is done in a timely fashion from now on.  It got to the point that I threatened to walk out.  The managers heard this and freaked out.  They pulled us aside individually to talk.  I was told that I was completely correct and that they were happy that I stood up for myself but they don't want me to leave or think about just leaving.  I was informed that they are going to institute new rules for front of house staff to make sure that they are showing the dish area respect and that they are actually helping by bringing dishes back in a timely manor and putting dishes away when they have time. 

I actually had an incident with a coworker today.  He has had a habit of hiding full bus tubs till the end of the night.  He brings 4 to 5 overflowing bus tubs of dishes back at the same time as the kitchen is tearing down.  This is a major issue since I am the only dishwasher meaning I am also running and stocking dishes as well as doing all the cleaning and trash runs ect.  I have talked to the managers about it several times and they have talked to him about it.  He was doing it again tonight and I had enough so I went out and grabbed one of the overflowing tubs early while I had a clear station.  The coworker came back yelling at me for doing it and I just snapped and started yelling at him to stop arguing and just do his job.  He kept yelling at me and insulting me but I stood my ground.  I did not insult him other than to say that bring the dishes back is part of his job and he needs to make sure it is done in a timely fashion from now on.  It got to the point that I threatened to walk out.  The managers heard this and freaked out.  They pulled us aside individually to talk.  I was told that I was completely correct and that they were happy that I stood up for myself but they don't want me to leave or think about just leaving.  I was informed that they are going to institute new rules for front of house staff to make sure that they are showing the dish area respect and that they are actually helping by bringing dishes back in a timely manor and putting dishes away when they have time. 

That is definitely a thumbs up moment. :thumbsup:

Hopefully this doesn't spark any spiteful behavior towards you, but you made them sit up and listen and that's what matters. 

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic