How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

Feels like I'm trying to bring myself back to life.  The sick spell passed, but something doesn't feel quite right.  I will monitor myself to see if anything develops, but it could just be the heat.

After dealing with the hellhound and the ... tendril of wanting to cause self-harm (both of which stem from work related issues), finally getting back to a more stable mental state. I had messaged a friend I've known for over a decade, who's a brother to me, to talk me out of self-harm.

24 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

After dealing with the hellhound and the ... tendril of wanting to cause self-harm (both of which stem from work related issues), finally getting back to a more stable mental state. I had messaged a friend I've known for over a decade, who's a brother to me, to talk me out of self-harm.

gallery_4589_1237_8779.jpg

Feeling happy with myself that I didn't just go over to the HomeHouse and kill The Boy...(slap him silly, break his other arm, stomp a mudhole in him, bash his head into the wall, etc...)

I only went off the Richter Scale for about less than a minute and was actually able to regain my composure.  Fortunately for him, I was speaking to him via intercom.

...count your blessings...

Feeling better and a lot calmer.

Before the rain, I took The Boy out back to the current worksite and showed him how to work with conviction and do the job right.  I felt like I was berating him as we worked because I was hammering lessons into his head like a Ramjet, but he thanked me once we were finished.  I didn't get all happy or excited about that because I can't help but feel this is going to happen again.

If he follows through with everything we agreed on for this Summer, then I might have a different (better) view of him.  But for the moment I feel like the way Captain Sig Hansen of the Northwestern Fishing Vessel looked after welcoming a very young Jake Anderson on his deck and into his crew.  Captain Sig refused to shake Jakes hand because he wanted to wait and see how well Jake would do on his first crabbing season on the boat.

You have got to earn those kinds of handshakes.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic