Who Here Is Single

I'm single. I was first heart broken when my ex and I broke up, then I loved being single after getting over everything, however; now being single is boring the hell outta me because I been single for like five months. The way I look at it is this, when your single you can do anything you want and flirt or whatever. The bad side? At the end of the day there isn't a special someone who gives a damn about you enough to call you to say "I miss you, I love you,or good night." For the most part, people are only out for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still alone but I have realized now that there is a reason for that. I believe in soulmates/twinflames. I believe in destiny and fate. I was with someone for 7 years, since I was about 22 or 23. I could have stayed and settled out of comfort, but I just knew, in my heart and soul, it was not real or right.

My venting on here and in life is not because I hate being by myself, it is because I am not sure that I am ever going to be with the person who is truly worthy and appreciative of my heart. My kindness is so frequently mistaken for weakness, and desperation, but please, do not get it twisted, I may be alot of things, I may have alot of faults, but weak I am not.

I have just been going about everything the wrong way. I won't look for him, and he won't be looking for me, but we will find each other. Life and love works in mysterious, ways.

I am still alone but I have realized now that there is a reason for that. I believe in soulmates/twinflames. I believe in destiny and fate. I was with someone for 7 years, since I was about 22 or 23. I could have stayed and settled out of comfort, but I just knew, in my heart and soul, it was not real or right.

My venting on here and in life is not because I hate being by myself, it is because I am not sure that I am ever going to be with the person who is truly worthy and appreciative of my heart. My kindness is so frequently mistaken for weakness, and desperation, but please, do not get it twisted, I may be alot of things, I may have alot of faults, but weak I am not.

I have just been going about everything the wrong way. I won't look for him, and he won't be looking for me, but we will find each other. Life and love works in mysterious, ways.

Well put. :)

The way I see it, I don't waste my time with anyone new that doesn't want to date. It's not that I'm pissed off or offended when I turn my back and walk the other way, it's just I'm content with my life as it is right now, content with who I have for friends, content with who I am, content with my life as it rolls. And if I'm on the prowl and an interest pulls the, "lets just be friends" I politely say, "I got my fill of friends and that's not what I'm looking for." Then I go explore other options.

What this does is weed out the trash, mainly, the ones that try to white knight you into that "dreaded" friendzone. The friendzone is so easily avoided. You let your interest be known, and if they're not willing to share your same interests, then why waste your time?

Sick of getting passed up for guys/girls that are a total waste of time for anything other than sex and stupid drama? Check yourself foo's, maybe that person that passed you up isn't worth anything more than just sex and stupid drama, that's why they go for that sort of person. And ya wonder why people are often more miserable IN a relationship rather than someone who's single.

I mean, these things don't exactly help you find someone directly, but it really helps you focus on the right path and indirectly helps you find someone. It cuts down on serious wastes of time, the lost causes, the ones you focus most of your attention on, passing up possible opportunities that may come your way while you're too busy waiting for dummy to pull their head out of their ass and see you're worth being in a relationship with. Stop wasting your time with them.

And if you're already "trapped" in a friendzone, easy way out of it (cuz it's not too late, you're not stuck) just be like hey, i like you more than a friend, and that gets in the way of the type of friendship you want, so we can either talk about hooking up, or it's adios amigo. It might sound cold but hey, it's the right thing to do, you're not hiding how you feel, you're not letting it harm you, and you're being HONEST with the other person. They might be pissed but you can say, hey fuck you, i told you about these feelings from the start, why am i gonna let you get what you want out of me when you're not letting me get what i want out of you.

Final food for thought, and this one's really tricky to do. But NEVER let your emotions control your decisions over logic and reasoning ability. Your emotions aren't reason or logical. Not saying being a cold robot, but don't let your emotions cloud judgement. If you like someone, and they don't like you back, why pursue a dead end road because "you love them", get your head out of your ass, they don't love you, come to peace with the fact and move on.

I'm single...and its friggin awesome...i love the fact i have no significant other....no one to worry about me when i'm on the road working...love the fact i have no one to call me after work and ask how my day went and vice versa....love the fact i have no one to go home to when i return home from the long ass trips away...its awesome :wallbash: