Help Save City Club

Vena

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

becouse the sound would sound all clangy if you used metal... sound proof foam initially abosrbs the sound reducing echo if you have a flat non porus surface such as metal even with soundproofing under it

the sound will still bounce

:whistle:

hence this:

yeah, i had a V8 commercial moment...

:rofl:

but i thought city club was closing before jan 1st? LOLOL :rofl:

anyways....

I kind of like city club the way it is....however as long as its pretty much the same crowd and the same music I'll be content.

But if they are going to put time and money into ANYTHING....please fix the fucking BATHROOMS???????

Absolutely. At 3:30 in the morning while wading thru the quarter inch of various fluids on the floor in the mens room, I do NOT want to know when I kick a floater.

Funny you should mention that. I'm not sure WHAT I've waded through. I'm sure that whatever it is, it'll eat the flesh right off of you.

Funny you should mention that. I'm not sure WHAT I've waded through. I'm sure that whatever it is, it'll eat the flesh right off of you.

LOL A friend of mine sat in something in mesh pants there and developed an angry rash on his ass for days! NO LIE!!!

Kay due to this floor problem, CC please do this:

Mop the floors more than once every three years or so. That would probably keep more people coming in because if we wanted to party in a dumpster I'm sure we could find a nicer one behind some upscale restaurant in the Pointes or something. I mean, you gotta work for your patrons! People wouldn't want to come back to CC after getting herpes from a bench or having their favorite shoes eaten through on the bottom due to the highly acidic pH level of the floor, now would they?

And please for the sake of the mop, CHANGE THE BUCKET WATER. Let's just say I'm very very close to someone who used to work there and he said the entire time he worked there it was never changed ONCE. It's called take the fucking bucket, find a sink, dump, turn on faucet, fill with better water (I won't say GOOD water, it's still Detroit), maybe even add ohhh I dunno...soap? You don't have to go that extra soap-yard if it's way too extrenuous, even just changing the water should substantially clean and would be better than wading ankle deep through excrement and sludge. Then believe it or not you're READY TO GO! w00t! Start cleanin'! I'm sure you guys at CC management can figure out how to fill a bucket with water, because it shouldn't be as hard as running a freaking nightclub.

I can't believe cheap-ass wants to get VOLUNTEERS, where some Chinese kids live that's called "slave labor" :tongue: Let me put it in this light for you: If I went to a fancy restaurant and they asked me to cook my own food then do my own dishes I would be uhm "errrmmm...fuck off kthnx, never coming HERE AGAIN". It's called proper management, whoever runs CC should go to a community college and take a class or two about it. You don't ask your customers to run your business and do your dirty work, either YOU do your own or you PAY someone to do it to KEEP the customers coming to said business. Just a tip.

kthnxseeyousaturdays

actually ya know i dont think this is a bad idea at all.....

seeing as we complain and complain about the place

i think its pretty cool that we the patrons are having a say on how it looks, how its kept the atmosphere the paintings the sound the lights ....everything

actually i think most of us are looking in the wrong light at the situation....

after years of neglect its our chance to mould the club into what we want it to be and have a bit of expression as a part of it and if we cant see the light at the end of the tunnel for what we want this place to be then why even bother and let the city take it down....

then wed really have something to bitch about not having a place to go

im enthralled at this idea

and i would love to be able to personally contribute to this project becouse it would be something id be proud of for the future that the place would hold

i would love to personally hack up some wood and nails,,, finish some of the benches repaint, climb up on a ladder re install the riggings bring in one of those mini lifts put in new kickass ceiling tiles and such, install new lights be it genral wash lights or automated spots/hazers, re arrange the speaker configurations and its not like you have to throw down big bills at speakers... they sell decent 15"/12' pro audio speakers for pretty cheap we can keep the boxes... amplifiers are expensive tho but still

i think this is not that bad of an opportunity

a "short person complex"

*RUNS!, quickly too before candy gets her rifle*

Nooope, Candy definately falls into the same category as myself: A long tall glass of water, as old people in the south would say. We're probably actually the same height.

But then again, she may have the same "I'm not tall enough complex" as I do :tongue:

Archived