Help Save City Club

Vena

actually ya know i dont think this is a bad idea at all.....

seeing as we complain and complain about the place

i think its pretty cool that we the patrons are having a say on how it looks, how its kept the atmosphere the paintings the sound the lights ....everything

actually i think most of us are looking in the wrong light at the situation....

after years of neglect its our chance to mould the club into what we want it to be and have a bit of expression as a part of it and if we cant see the light at the end of the tunnel for what we want this place to be then why even bother and let the city take it down....

then wed really have something to bitch about not having a place to go

im enthralled at this idea

and i would love to be able to personally contribute to this project becouse it would be something id be proud of for the future that the place would hold

i would love to personally hack up some wood and nails,,, finish some of the benches repaint, climb up on a ladder re install the riggings bring in one of those mini lifts put in new kickass ceiling tiles and such, install new lights be it genral wash lights or automated spots/hazers, re arrange the speaker configurations and its not like you have to throw down big bills at speakers... they sell decent 15"/12' pro audio speakers for pretty cheap we can keep the boxes... amplifiers are expensive tho but still

i think this is not that bad of an opportunity

I do understand what you're saying, and I see where you're coming from. Hell I may even help clean, but that's as far as I'm going since building shit I'd probably have no clue what I was doing, and I don't have enough time to paint. What I'm saying though is that, sure we should have a say in what should go into the club and stuff, but why should we be the ones actually doing that? For free, to boot.

I guess though, there's this...chaos productions involved now? They're running this whole thing? Well if they're pretty much just someone who took over the promoting/management of the place and the asshole owner isn't funding them or anything, I guess I could understand the reach-out for free labor. If that's the case, then I'd help in a minute. Makes me mad to see that dickwad owner get money off of our hardwork though without lifting a finger or laying down a dollar himself.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooope, Candy definately falls into the same category as myself: A long tall glass of water, as old people in the south would say. We're probably actually the same height.

But then again, she may have the same "I'm not tall enough complex" as I do :tongue:

I stand at 5' 7" to army standards, *which I am holding them to*, so with my boots, but really I am 5'6", so my boots let me be about 5' 11" at most.

I do have a desire to be taller. Makes me not look as chunky as I really am.

Archived