Road Trippin

hunhee

Are we there yet????????????????

I'll get there tomorrow..and I'll be staying in the casita so i will yet again, not have internet service..argh! why can't they let me stay alone in Goodyear? grrr I will be in Fountain Hills.

Awww, that's so sweet!!! *hugs* thanks :) I'm still in one piece.

OH!!! One piece of advice to travelers, when going out west, Nextel (don't know about the new Sprint/Nextel hybrid thingie phones) may not be the best phone company to go with. I haven't had any signal in most of Texas and New Mexico. AT&T (the new Cingular) had coverage most of the time, cept when going through some mountainous terrain.

Take pics and post'em when ya get home, I hear its beautiful out there. Oh and I have AT&T, not just because all the others SUCK, but because AT&T has good signal and rollover minutes :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized I've been lazy and haven't posted any of the pics from my trip :)

You'll have to appologize, most of these pics were from me driving, so they're not really very focused, or very good. BUT they're here. :)

DAY 1:

post-2683-1187660832_thumb.jpg

This was the picture of the truck. HUGE!!! 26' bed.

post-2683-1187661183_thumb.jpg

This is the picture of my first hotel room in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I tried to get all the welcome to "such and such" state, but apparently I didn't do this the first night.

The reason why I took the picture of the hotel room, was because I thought it was particularly DIRTY! it was disgusting. I have no clue why it looks decent enough in pictures. I now know why hotel rooms seem not so bad on the internet till you actually stay in the place.

I checked in late, and I had to go back out to ask for some towels and toilet paper. The girl gave me some, and told me that she couldn't find any toilet paper, and she would have to send housekeeping with some later. I told her fine, later some girl came and brought me towels, and told me she couldn't FIND toilet paper, but she would get me some soon. Half an hour later, she brought me some, and it was a half roll she took from another room, as she viciously stomped on a grasshopper.

I asked the girl if there were any restaurants around, and she had pointed out a direction to the truck stop, but if I went, I should take a sharp object. I decided my banana was good enough of a dinner to venture out into that scary ass place.

I proceeded to somehow rip the bedspread off the bed without really touching it, and put a towel over the pillow so I wouldn't feel so disgusted to lay my head down. I slept on top of the covers that night. I won't tell you the rest of the disgusting details. I just wanted to sleep.

At about 1 a.m., I was awakened by some rude people trying to get into my room. LUCKILY I had that bar thing across the door, because the guy's key he used in the door WORKED!. Grr.. that was day one.

DAY 2:

I was grossed out so much I got up really early the next morning to get the heck outta that place. I went to the nearest truck-stop and fueled up the big deisel gas guzzler.

post-2683-1187661775_thumb.jpg

Yay, I've made it to my second state!!!

post-2683-1187661896_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1187662044_thumb.jpg

Not too far after that, the great state of Missouri

post-2683-1187662180_thumb.jpg

Then Oklahoma. This was the last state for today, after 17 hours of driving, I was exhausted. Time for some good rest.. so I thought. :/

DAY 3:

Got up much later, I said "screw this, I'm sleeping in" I slept till about 9, and headed on the road.

post-2683-1187662373_thumb.jpg

I guess over time, the wind will break down even the mightiest of giants. These piles of rock used to be mountains.

post-2683-1187662558_thumb.jpg

Onto Texas, the Lonestar State. :)

post-2683-1187662685_thumb.jpg

Apparently they grow them large down here in Texas. This is apparently the largest cross in the U.S. It was pretty HUGE!! and of course the gift shop was still open during the construction.

post-2683-1187662716_thumb.jpg

I high tailed it outta there and made it into New Mexico. I stopped earlier, because I was tired, and didn't want another 17 hour drive day. I got some food finally, in New Mexico, and internet access. FINALLY!!!

DAY 4:

post-2683-1187663121_thumb.jpg

A pretty view of the mountains through the rain in New Mexico

post-2683-1187663141_thumb.jpg

Tourist traps? *groans*

post-2683-1187663164_thumb.jpg

Yay!! I've made it to my final state destination. Now to get down the mountains. :/

post-2683-1187663337_thumb.jpg

Cactus!!!

I don't have too many good pics of descending down the mountains, but umm, it's because the grade was 6% and I was white knuckling it. I HATE hights.

End of trip. Thank you for peeking :)

Sometimes I miss driving over the road for the scenic reasons. I do remember all of these sights from the photos. You should see some of the grades with curves I had to drive my semi through. Try taking the scenic route through US89 from Flagstaff, AZ up into Utah and Colorado. It goes through Monument Valley which has to be one of the best tourist areas to drive through. Even had horses roaming freely in the plains and the roads.

Sometimes I miss driving over the road for the scenic reasons. I do remember all of these sights from the photos. You should see some of the grades with curves I had to drive my semi through. Try taking the scenic route through US89 from Flagstaff, AZ up into Utah and Colorado. It goes through Monument Valley which has to be one of the best tourist areas to drive through. Even had horses roaming freely in the plains and the roads.

Heh... When I moved to California for a year, my friend Pete and I drove out in a big U-Haul with my car on a trailer. We went non-stop to Denver in 24 hours, slept for the night and then finished the next day. I think we were in LA around dinner time. Saw some amazing scenery during the daytime after Denver. Beforehand? Not so much... all boring and flat.

• 2 weeks later...

eek, you had to drive the dreaded GMC Topkick monster. I applaude your courage. I hope it wasnt stick shift.

I'm not so convinced of my bravery, I believe the word stupidity comes to mind, but no one got hurt in the making of this roadtrip, cept maybe a few hundred bugs.. :)

it was an automatic thank goodness

Archived