Coca-cola Blāk

Scales

The U.S. version of Coca-Cola Blāk is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, aspartame and acesulfame potassium.

ew no thanks sounds disgusting.

why do they always have to mess around and try new things with the classics? coke and pepsi are fine just as they are. even the cherry versions of both are good. diet *ack* not my taste but i am sure diet lovers like one or the other.

but why do they have to have crystal pepsi and "new" coke and coke blak and vanilla and lime. gross.

Don't worry, coca cola zero is coming out to take its place... again. I don't know if it's a relaunch or a new look for an existing product. Personally I never drank or liked it.

They should bring back Crystal though, I know a few people who liked that.

Don't worry, coca cola zero is coming out to take its place... again. I don't know if it's a relaunch or a new look for an existing product. Personally I never drank or liked it.

i tried crystal when it was out- i don't remember what it tasted like but i do remember i did not like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Bl%C4%81k

Apparently its going to be discontinued, or already has this year. Which is good, cause the aftertaste was horrible, like pig shit mixed with baking cocoa. Then again I never liked coffee.

hahahaha

Well..

that was so explicit, i can actually taste that now.

**goes to look for a chicken wing to get "that" taste out of my mouth**

I broke the news to a close friend who happened to like it, so that was enjoyable. That stuff is blech..

I thought it was "Crystal Pepsi", but regardless I always wanted to try that stuff. I'm a soda fanatic, I still remember back when Surge was out, and the more you drank, the thirstier it made you.

that was so explicit, i can actually taste that now.

Thanks, I try :thumbup:

Well.... I....uh....happen to work for Coca Cola.

Coke Blak didnt really catch on out here either.

It sold alittle when it first came out, then died.

If we do get rid of it, there will be at least one person who will ask me about it Im sure.

They should mix a hint of orange with coke or something, I'd probably buy that over Sunkist any day (as long as it was caffeinated).

I've been experiencing a totally new addiction to the iced mocha drinks from McDonald's & Burger King. I'm not a regular coffee drinker by any stretch of the imagination, so this is unusual for me.

But I tried Coke Blak to see if my newfound love of things odd/coffee would extend to soft drinks.

No. It hasn't. Two sips, I"m done.

Doesn't help that it had sucralose or nutrasweet or something like that in it - I don't do artificial sweeteners. Rather use real sugar in limited doses.

I personally don't mind the experiments. Though I'm sitting here trying to remember one I've tried that I actually liked... Hmmm... scratches head...

I do like vanilla flavored cola - don't care whether it's Coke or Pepsi. And Kroger's store brand includes a cola with lime that's not bad. The Pepsi & Coke with lemon are usually not as good as when I add either real lemon or ReaLemon drops to regular Coke & Pepsi.

I really wish that one of the local store brands would come out with a caffeine-free cola. One of the only good things I had in NC was a Winn-Dixie brand called Cheq. They had a decaf cola that was awesome, and cost all of maybe $2.00 for a 12-pack of cans and .67 cents for a 2-liter.

Store brand colas suck, but usually decaf versions are better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Bl%C4%81k

Apparently its going to be discontinued, or already has this year. Which is good, cause the aftertaste was horrible, like pig shit mixed with baking cocoa. Then again I never liked coffee.

I must admit: I bought a can of this stuff. Why? I really liked the name.

Of course, I have a powerful bias that went against the grain of this strange concoction the moment that I tried to take my first swallow: I do not like coffee.

If I had realized ahead of time that it tasted like coffee (or actually examined the container beyond the tempting name) I wouldn't have even tried it. As it were, I took one sip and instantly handed it to someone else. Sadly, the can didn't get consumed by anyone -- nobody in my group could stand it -- and it was eventually relegated to a dirty grave in a metal barrel.

I love coffee, but mixed with Coke? Yeaah uhm no...and furthermore, why is it they're trying to make "energy" everything now adays? I mean next thing they'll start mixing coke in with, well, Coke again lol. Now I do miss Surge and I was DAMN little when Crystal Pepsi was out, and believe it or not they do still sell Crystal Pepsi in some places. A very very minimal amount of it, but it is still being produced. I don't know about Surge, but I do miss it, and I got grounded for drinking it when I was twelve (in slurpee form, even) because I wouldn't shut up for days afterward. I went about a million miles a minute, which is alot, since I was the most sedentary fat video-gaming child in alllll of Macomb County (I still have pics if you're gonna try to step up and challenge, I'd own your ass in the stereotypical fat-kid-gamer category). But still, the energy bullshit has to stop, people are gonna start dropping dead, they tell us about how bad cholesterol is for our hearts, but I think people are fool to believe that energy bullshit is better. I mean they have Sparks (energy drink + alcohol, delicious AND addicting), energy infused COFFEE at 7-11, Jagerbombs, etc. Seems excessive, just get some fucking sleep, ya know? So in short (well long rather after that massive post, if you're still reading, get back to work, slacker! :tongue: ), good ridance Coca-Cola Blak. Who the fuck spells black like that anyway? SERIOUSLY, just plain stupid, I'd expect that out of some adolescent, but misspelling on purpose to be cool died with the '90s.

I guess I am in a severe minority here. i actually like it. All though I rarely drink it, but thats based on its price for size more than anything else.

I don't know about Surge, but I do miss it
I miss it as well.

There is also a Save Surge site that also contains the info for Urge.

Surge production was ceased in the USA, Denmark and Sweden in 2001 and stopped making the syrup for fountains in 2002. All Surge cans are now expired as of 2007, so it is not recommended to be consumed. Expired cans and bottles of Surge now sell on eBay for high dollar amounts, including a reported $160.08 for a 12-pack sold in April 2005.

Surge's Norwegian cousin, Urge, is not available at all in the United States, however, some people will import the drink for a usually high price.

Heh... I like it! :thumbsup: I don't think I'll be sad if they discontinue it, but I enjoy one every now and then.

I do like vanilla flavored cola - don't care whether it's Coke or Pepsi.

I've been pretty ambivalent towards most of the major vanilla colas. Many years ago though, the Arizona Tea Co. was producing a vanilla cola which was goddamn amazing. I miss it. Right up there with rootbeer flavored new york selzer water. Yum.

Alrighty, kiddies, how about Pepsi Ice Cucumber?

I heard about this on the radio today. Only being released in Japan.

This doesn't really surprise me. Ever check out the "candy" or soda in Asian grocery stores? Kelp, shrimp, etc - not my idea of candy or soda, but Asian tastes are different.

Yeeeah, I love the Japanese, probably more than most white people, but sometimes they raise ALOT of question marks. I didn't even know cucumber was indigenous to Japan, not saying it isn't, but if it's not, then why the fuck would they prefer it? Weird I tell you...WEIRD.

I think allot of goths probably bought it for the same reason. It was black!

I must admit: I bought a can of this stuff. Why? I really liked the name.

Of course, I have a powerful bias that went against the grain of this strange concoction the moment that I tried to take my first swallow: I do not like coffee.

If I had realized ahead of time that it tasted like coffee (or actually examined the container beyond the tempting name) I wouldn't have even tried it. As it were, I took one sip and instantly handed it to someone else. Sadly, the can didn't get consumed by anyone -- nobody in my group could stand it -- and it was eventually relegated to a dirty grave in a metal barrel.

I think allot of goths probably bought it for the same reason. It was black!

Worse. It's not just Black, it was Blāk -- right down to that pretentious accent on the can. A temptation that I had no defenses against. Even if it was terrible, I had to experiment, there is a gross dearth of unrepentant pretentious goth food products in my life.

Archived