• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and the cards came. :happydance The box weighs 13 pounds. :unsure: lol. They are a lot more glossy than the older cards.

I have all the cards enveloped up and ready to go. It takes longer to hand-address and hand-write 11 thank you notes than you might think! =P Working on adding everyone to the Street Team Icon group(s) now.

Hey Troy, how about this.

Somebody can download http://warlocks-box.com/img/DGN_pinup.gif and print it on 8.5" x 14" paper.

Next they trim off the white border and cut divisions between the urls.

Then the post it on public boards where others can tare off the url.

Cool , thanks for taking the time to think that up. =)

Sounds good to me, the more promotion the better. Especially if you cant "make it out" somehwere to promote in person the way the topic post suggests.

DBK's got better board pimping skills than I do, Troy. Make sure to send him a few extra. I don't know if it's his sweet wheels or what, but the boy has charisma. :thumbsup:

Lies. We all follow in the footsteps of the mighty Slinger. :bow

I asked two people who said they would be on posting and were interested in the site why they didn't come back and they both said......that site is gay.

Um ok.

WTF is that suppose to mean?

Youth. Sheesh.

How can a site that is not a gay dating site be gay......?

Oh I know. Its this damn thing!! :animier:

Edited by Homicidalheathen

I asked two people who said they would be on posting and were interested in the site why they didn't come back and they both said......that site is gay.

Um ok.

Youth. Sheesh.

Thanks for trying. Don't give up please! I'm glad you posted that though , i do like to hear peoples "promotion stories" it helps give some insights on things.

Some people have their ways set on such an irrational setting that they dont really think about things they just react. I try not to get disheartened by such negativity. But anyhow, people that use the word "gay" as an insult probably would have a bad time on DGN anyhow.

Try not to get disheartened when you run into idiots like that, its their problem not ours. *tries to think of any and all possible ways to get more cards in peoples hands*

I've referred a few people here and there, but people are so used to flame, gossip and drama boards - that a

rawther mellow site like dgn can seem snooze-worthy to some. Heh, the abomination that is detroitcityclub

seems to have no dearth of people - but they aren't the kind of people I'd want to be around. *ugh*

Um ok.

Youth. Sheesh.

I know someone who stopped posting awhile ago ... I brought up posting again and they signed on to see that the sex forum was passworded and said that they felt violated because a mass e-mail was not sent out to known members ...

I dunno. I'm still trying to talk him into coming back.

I know someone who stopped posting awhile ago ... I brought up posting again and they signed on to see that the sex forum was passworded and said that they felt violated because a mass e-mail was not sent out to known members ...

I dunno. I'm still trying to talk him into coming back.

Well - this former poster should think about that one for just a minute. It should be understood that a mass email to all members would include members who are not of age.

Of course I did point this out on the board before. Oh well.

Edited by Onyx

I've referred a few people here and there, but people are so used to flame, gossip and drama boards - that a

rawther mellow site like dgn can seem snooze-worthy to some. Heh, the abomination that is detroitcityclub

seems to have no dearth of people - but they aren't the kind of people I'd want to be around. *ugh*

I know what you mean about those used to the drama and flaming.

There are plenty of quite immature boards of that type, all over the net. That sort of thing gets old after awhile though, and those sort of boards tend to self-combust.

The DCC board seems to have vanished from the net.

I know what you mean about those used to the drama and flaming.

There are plenty of quite immature boards of that type, all over the net. That sort of thing gets old after awhile though, and those sort of boards tend to self-combust.

The DCC board seems to have vanished from the net.

Like I said, have the users that put in their birthday go through an age check to access. Make it so users not old enough don't even see the forum. I'm only assuming the software has this ability though. Maybe find a plugin or make the overpriced ISP go to work for you.

That and make it so the "House of Usher" section is hidden too since it doesn't concern me at all.

Well - this former poster should think about that one for just a minute. It should be understood that a mass email to all members would include members who are not of age.

Come on Onyx, can't you go into every registered user's profile and make a mailing list of all the adults?? I mean what are they paying you for anyway? :rolleyes::tongue:

He didn't read anything. He just went off on his rant to me when I questioned it. I even offered him the password and he refused. ... It's more his problem than a board problem, really.

The password guy not posting because he's "offended' , er.. that's gotta be a joke. Or just an excuse not to post when he/she really didn't want to anyway. Thanks for the effort. That's what counts.

Eventually people DO show up and do post. That's how DGN got to how it is. Just word of mouth suggestions, but it takes some serious , continued effort unfortunately. Search engines and online spam count for i'd guess less than 5% of the total members on DGN and less than 1% of the actual posters.

Thanks for the effort. Often its just that message boards of this type (or any type even) "aren't for them" all we can do is suggest it a few times and then move on. I will say hotties like you have a much greater influence oh helping get people for us than donkey-boys such as myself. So any assistance is so appreciated its not even funny.

I can suggest to 25 people that they come check out DGN, maybe 5 will and maybe of the 5 , one will become a "real poster". Meanwhile, the cute girls can suggest to 5 people and 4 will show up. Oh the girl power. *jealous*

Another bonus about the pinup is, that it will bring in people like me.

You see, my first RL impression of every one (unless unless previously meet online) is "idiot!" until they prove otherwise, so when somebody new recommends something I let it go in one and out the other or into the trash.

DBK's got better board pimping skills than I do, Troy. Make sure to send him a few extra. I don't know if it's his sweet wheels or what, but the boy has charisma. :thumbsup:

*slicks hair back* Awwwwwwwwwww yea...haha!!

Charisma? Or is it the fact that I'm cute as hell? Naw...IT'S BOTH!! Haha.(That wasn't self centered at all wasit?) :laugh:

Edited by deadburgerking

That translates to, "The maturity level is too high for me."

Lol , i like it. I think that saying would be useful in several different senarios.

*slicks hair back* Awwwwwwwwwww yea...haha!!

Charisma? Or is it the fact that I'm cute as hell? Naw...IT'S BOTH!! Haha.(That wasn't self centered at all wasit?) :laugh:

:p

I'm sorry, but I'm TOTALLY stoked about these cards...just like Paris Hilton and sex, I'm giving them out to everyone and everything!!!

Good. =) I'll wait for the flood of young nubile chicks asking me "uhh were is that DBK guy ? He said to come here..."