Meltdown

Fierce Critter

It's coming. It's on its way. And I don't know what to do to stop it anymore.

I was feeling so good yesterday. I got into contact via e-mail with my former counselor. She was looking forward to working with me again.

Then I called Blue Cross today to confirm what my coverages are for this sort of thing.

I have to meet a $250 out-of-pocket deductible. Then, they only cover 50% up to an allowable $100 per visit. Unlimited visits up to $5,000,000, but still, I'd have to cover half the per visit fee.

Most of these people charge upwards of $75 or more. I can't swing half of that. I was having trouble figuring out how to cover $20 a week - $80 a month.

And they won't cover her. She's not "on the list".

OMG what am I going to do. What am I going to do.

I called my former therapist back and left a message on her voice mail to see if she knows anyone who works on a sliding scale. If I don't find someone who can do that for me, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I can't take this anymore.

Called them. They referred me to their website. And the person I talked to there told me - without getting into anything at all about my condition or finances - that I didn't qualify.

So I called a different number there and left a message for someone else to call me back.

I'm trying some other numbers the nurse gave me yesterday at the Institute for Health Studies. Thusfar, all I'm getting is voice mail.

And now I have to talk to my mother.

God help me.

Called them.

God help me.

You don't need his/her help. You're fine. ;-)

However... I have seen the mostest bestest woman in the world on and off for a few years. If you want, I can shoot you her email. She's in Birmingham. I can't tell you what she'll charge you but let her know your financial situation and see what she can do. She was flexible with me.

Rayne - I appreciate it, really. Shoot me a PM if you'd like. I'm very greatful.

Marc - the "God help me" was in relation to calling my mother. I shouldn't have. She thinks its the cats... OMFG...

I very much appreciate the offer/referral, Marc. I'm not turning anything down right now. So PM away and I'll e-mail her.

It's coming. It's on its way. And I don't know what to do to stop it anymore.

I was feeling so good yesterday. I got into contact via e-mail with my former counselor. She was looking forward to working with me again.

Then I called Blue Cross today to confirm what my coverages are for this sort of thing.

I have to meet a $250 out-of-pocket deductible. Then, they only cover 50% up to an allowable $100 per visit. Unlimited visits up to $5,000,000, but still, I'd have to cover half the per visit fee.

Most of these people charge upwards of $75 or more. I can't swing half of that. I was having trouble figuring out how to cover $20 a week - $80 a month.

And they won't cover her. She's not "on the list".

OMG what am I going to do. What am I going to do.

I called my former therapist back and left a message on her voice mail to see if she knows anyone who works on a sliding scale. If I don't find someone who can do that for me, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I can't take this anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny. I'm having almost the exact problem. Though I'm in touch with a former therapist, I was assigned to one through my EAP group...and then told they only cover six sessions. I'm also trying to find someone who is "in-network" with BCBS and who will work on a sliding scale. The whole affairs stinks.

Funny.  I'm having almost the exact problem.  Though I'm in touch with a former therapist, I was assigned to one through my EAP group...and then told they only cover six sessions.  I'm also trying to find someone who is "in-network" with BCBS and who will work on a sliding scale.  The whole affairs stinks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

I saw Nancy back in the early 90's. Somewhere around 1996 I attempted to see another therapist, on a different insurance plan. I was on one of those "limited visit" plans. And the first two visits were wasted on seeing a complete and total fool. Leaving me with 2 less visits to try to find someone decent AND have enough visits left to take care of the problem. I gave up and just "fixed" myself.

But I wasn't this bad back then. It was simple conflict, not severe depression.

Shade - just because she's making me this one-time offer doesn't mean I'll be able to keep seeing her. I may have to continue to make phone call after phone call to find "a way". If I do, I will gladly pass on anything I find out to you if you'd like.

Archived