How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

20 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

My guess is email notifications are turned off.  Don't need them when you read anything anyway.

15 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

I assume "I get everything in my inbox" as getting email notices. Perhaps not? 

~~~~~

Thanks, I needed this...:happy:

2 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

Conjecture on the state of your notifications is desirable?  🤔

~~~~~

Nope.

The interaction regarding the conjecture of the state of my notifications made me laugh.

Been having a WTF day.

9 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

Dislike. 👎🏻

~~~~~

Some reason I keep getting attached to people I've never met and when they are not happy, it makes me not happy and I just want to help them be ok.

And my nephew spilled his guts on social media about stuff he wasn't supposed to and now we will be dealing with the fallout in a couple of days.

Dealing with annoying chronic fatigue.  I quit THC most of the year, it didn't go away.  I've quit THC again and I'm now taking 1,500 milligrams of Vitamin C a day on top of other things to see if it will help me move past it; if it doesn't work or I feel like trying it, I have one other thing up my sleeve, that may be more powerful; and is ironically safe for campers to clean their water, but bizarrely becomes dangerous and falsely chemically synonymous with bleach when there's any mention of it being used medically, despite the approval of more neurodivergent medical professionals hidden from public view.

Edited by Class-Punk

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Some reason I keep getting attached to people I've never met and when they are not happy, it makes me not happy and I just want to help them be ok.

And my nephew spilled his guts on social media about stuff he wasn't supposed to and now we will be dealing with the fallout in a couple of days.

Oof. Know how that goes. I hope he can get someone to talk to. That might be a result of feeling unheard?  Just a shit in the dark, I don't know beyond what posted. I've had and seen my moments of throwing dirty laundry onto social media for a variety of reasons.

I'm feeling weirdly on edge and vigilant. Like something fucky is about to happen. Can't tell if it's PTSD or my odd 6th sense.. but my guard is up. God I hope I'm not turning into Mr. Lahey... "You hear that, Randy? The way the shit whistles in the air? We're about to have a shit tornado, Bobandy!"

46 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Oof. Know how that goes. I hope he can get someone to talk to. That might be a result of feeling unheard?  Just a shit in the dark, I don't know beyond what posted. I've had and seen my moments of throwing dirty laundry onto social media for a variety of reasons.

I'm feeling weirdly on edge and vigilant. Like something fucky is about to happen. Can't tell if it's PTSD or my odd 6th sense.. but my guard is up. God I hope I'm not turning into Mr. Lahey... "You hear that, Randy? The way the shit whistles in the air? We're about to have a shit tornado, Bobandy!"

~~~~~

People I used to attend The Gathering with at The Red Apple know that I have custody of my niece and nephew until the age of 18.  This also involved a certain court ordered "no contact" rule that was no secret around here.  He got sneaky and made a contact who will be on their way.  We only found out because his sister gave us the heads up.  I really hope nothing happens this time, but I don't want to stress over it and believe all will be OK.

We only had a couple of weeks until his 18th birthday, but whatever. 

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

People I used to attend The Gathering with at The Red Apple know that I have custody of my niece and nephew until the age of 18.  This also involved a certain court ordered "no contact" rule that was no secret around here.  He got sneaky and made a contact who will be on their way.  We only found out because his sister gave us the heads up.  I really hope nothing happens this time, but I don't want to stress over it and believe all will be OK.

We only had a couple of weeks until his 18th birthday, but whatever. 

Did the boy have a 'oh well, I'm 18 in two weeks" or a 'not thinking' thought. 

33 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Did the boy have a 'oh well, I'm 18 in two weeks" or a 'not thinking' thought. 

~~~~~

No idea.  Apparently, he has been in communicating with said contact for some time now on Instagram.  All I asked was that they wait until 18 before using any unsupervised services.  So he did what he wanted to.

I suppose I'm too strict, but if I hadn't been, he would have been the victim of a scam that would have cleaned out his bank account.  He thought he was hired for an online job by a guy who had just left the country on a "business trip" and asked for his financial information.  The boy had nerve enough to contact me saying that his "new boss" needed his routing number and bank account number.  He didn't even remember what a routing number was even though I taught him everything.

I suppose it's fortunate and yet a double edge sword that he doesn't pay attention to anything important.

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

No idea.  Apparently, he has been in communicating with said contact for some time now on Instagram.  All I asked was that they wait until 18 before using any unsupervised services.  So he did what he wanted to.

I suppose I'm too strict, but if I hadn't been, he would have been the victim of a scam that would have cleaned out his bank account.  He thought he was hired for an online job by a guy who had just left the country on a "business trip" and asked for his financial information.  The boy had nerve enough to contact me saying that his "new boss" needed his routing number and bank account number.  He didn't even remember what a routing number was even though I taught him everything.

I suppose it's fortunate and yet a double edge sword that he doesn't pay attention to anything important.

Geez. Sounds like it fell within his normal 'I do what I want" mindset. 

I wanna say that's being aware of what's going on with the boy, not being strict. 

I kinda remember my checking (still need to double check when filling out the bank slip). Don't ask about the routing number. So, yeah that's good and bad that he doesn't pay attention.

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Empathy and wanting to help others are good traits, but if you want to keep your sanity you have to pick and choose where you can be effective and when you need to let someone else take up the mantle. You can't help if you're being pulled in 1000 directions and burnt out. 

5 minutes ago, Msterbeau said:

Empathy and wanting to help others are good traits, but if you want to keep your sanity you have to pick and choose where you can be effective and when you need to let someone else take up the mantle. You can't help if you're being pulled in 1000 directions and burnt out. 

~~~~~

I believe the only reasons I've lasted this long with the majority of my sanity, that I am aware that I have, intact is because my brain compartmentalizes just about everything to be used and filed on a needed basis.  We call it my "filing cabinet".

Another reason I'm glad I found DGN so many years ago.  I can put some of my cabinet files here and clear up room for other files.

:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I believe the only reasons I've lasted this long with the majority of my sanity, that I am aware that I have, intact is because my brain compartmentalizes just about everything to be used and filed on a needed basis.  We call it my "filing cabinet".

Another reason I'm glad I found DGN so many years ago.  I can put some of my cabinet files here and clear up room for other files.

:biggrin:

It could be that the sanity you think exists, may not, in fact, exist.  

But that's not my business... 

😬🤔

1 minute ago, Msterbeau said:

It could be that the sanity you think exists, may not, in fact, exist.  

But that's not my business... 

😬🤔

~~~~~

Well, if it exists, it's been rather elusive.

:blink:

9 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

You seem to be functioning well enough.  I wouldn't worry about it unless there are people in white coats with a straight jacket at your door. 

I would gladly take that over cops who'd probably end up shooting someone/someone's dog.