How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

4 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Confused and pissed off. I was told by my head chef that I was positive with covid and he told me to come back to work Thursday (basically self isolating/staying at home for four days). My GM for the restaurant tells me I can come back to work despite still having active symptoms. She tells me she emailed hr about the company's policy is different from CDC's recommendation. "Because the CDC's recommendation is what it used to be. It changed in May when the CDC said it's not a pandemic any more."

Like I have a cough, runny/stuffy nose, and a minor fever. I'm still contagious. I should not be around people period. I did text someone I know works in the company's hr about it. I don't know about the company's policy. Should not be 1. around people 2. working with food 3. in a major airport.

Restaurants and retail are notorious for that shit. My old work gave me shit for taking r so days off after my son was born.

Seriously though, I hope you feel better

5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Confused and pissed off. I was told by my head chef that I was positive with covid and he told me to come back to work Thursday (basically self isolating/staying at home for four days). My GM for the restaurant tells me I can come back to work despite still having active symptoms. She tells me she emailed hr about the company's policy is different from CDC's recommendation. "Because the CDC's recommendation is what it used to be. It changed in May when the CDC said it's not a pandemic any more."

Like I have a cough, runny/stuffy nose, and a minor fever. I'm still contagious. I should not be around people period. I did text someone I know works in the company's hr about it. I don't know about the company's policy. Should not be 1. around people 2. working with food 3. in a major airport.

I am MORTIFIED that apparently being the perfect vector for disease spread is only a problem in their minds if the government says its an issue??

How? Could anyone think that's a good idea?? 

I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon

5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Should not be 1. around people 2. working with food 3. in a major airport.

Yikes. I wouldn't want anyone with even a mild illness doing any of those things let alone COVID. Y'know. That little thing that caused that kerfuffle a few years ago 😮💨😮💨

I hope you feel better soon. That's no joke to be dealing with.

6 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Absolutely nothing new here.  People could have the plague and unless forced to shut down  the majority of restaurants and eateries will run business as usual.  Ask them if they want another pandemic, because that's how you get another pandemic.  If everyone just took time off work when they were actually feeling sick then we'd cut down on a lot of illness in this country.

Unfortunately not everyone can afford to take off work on their own or even quit over it if they feel it's that large an issue.  I think a four day workweek and fully remote for those who don't need to be in the office would help a lot, but we'll never get that.  The money machine must always churn as hard and as fast as possible.

6 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

~~~~~

Regardless of pandemic status or not, that's a health violation.

Before COVID, having a cold or the flu was enough to mandate a person stay home so as not to make others sick.  However, after the advent of the "flu shot" the "stay at home" initiative was lifted regardless of whether or not you actually went and got the flu shot.

The World, as it is, only thrives when there is war, illness or famine.

Welcome to our country.  Here's a complimentary illness to go with that jetlag.

large.659315730_gettyimages-1334151276-612x612-AirportWelcome082023.jpg

16 hours ago, Slogo said:

Restaurants and retail are notorious for that shit. My old work gave me shit for taking r so days off after my son was born.

Seriously though, I hope you feel better

Having worked in multiple resturants over the years, I know food service is known for it. And thanks.

15 hours ago, et-novum said:

Yikes. I wouldn't want anyone with even a mild illness doing any of those things let alone COVID. Y'know. That little thing that caused that kerfuffle a few years ago 😮💨😮💨

I hope you feel better soon. That's no joke to be dealing with.

If it was a minor head cold or something like that, I"d grab some dayquil or some varient and power through. Not with covid.

14 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Absolutely nothing new here.  People could have the plague and unless forced to shut down  the majority of restaurants and eateries will run business as usual.  Ask them if they want another pandemic, because that's how you get another pandemic.  If everyone just took time off work when they were actually feeling sick then we'd cut down on a lot of illness in this country.

Unfortunately not everyone can afford to take off work on their own or even quit over it if they feel it's that large an issue.  I think a four day workweek and fully remote for those who don't need to be in the office would help a lot, but we'll never get that.  The money machine must always churn as hard and as fast as possible.

The problem is, other than the general apathicness of general managers, my GM is one of those very inept GMs who don't wanna deal with anything about the resturant. We had lost our walk in cooler a couple weeks ago (the refridgeration system went down). Multiple people told the GM multiple times that first day as the temp went up in the cooler. GM did nothing. We couldn't use any of the meat (pork, shrimp, chicken) plus a few other things. At the end, the cooler got up to 60 degrees.

I got some sick days. I'm using them. If the GM has an issue with it, tough shit. 

14 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Regardless of pandemic status or not, that's a health violation.

Before COVID, having a cold or the flu was enough to mandate a person stay home so as not to make others sick.  However, after the advent of the "flu shot" the "stay at home" initiative was lifted regardless of whether or not you actually went and got the flu shot.

The World, as it is, only thrives when there is war, illness or famine.

Welcome to our country.  Here's a complimentary illness to go with that jetlag.

large.659315730_gettyimages-1334151276-612x612-AirportWelcome082023.jpg

It's a health violation if anyone sick comes in. Even with the "end" of the pandemic, the CDC still recommends that people stay home/self isolate for five days. You can break that once you don't have a fever without the use of meds. 

I'm proud and surprised it took three and a half years for me to get covid. 

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Edited by NocteSpiritus

Tired of migraines. Had one Sat and had one just recently today. Saturday's cause is most likely from some gatoraid the sister got me to keep hydrated during my isolation. Didn't know I'd get one then. Not sure what caused today's migraine. EIther the little food I had or the changing weather.

If I had the ability (mostly financial) to, I'd move to a place where weather's more constant and I don't need to worry about that being the cause of migraines.

10 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Tired of migraines. Had one Sat and had one just recently today. Saturday's cause is most likely from some gatoraid the sister got me to keep hydrated during my isolation. Didn't know I'd get one then. Not sure what caused today's migraine. EIther the little food I had or the changing weather.

If I had the ability (mostly financial) to, I'd move to a place where weather's more constant and I don't need to worry about that being the cause of migraines.

Sugar free drinks are a massive trigger for me tbh. I hope you feel better. 

Migraines are no fun. 

I lived in FL for a while (two ish years) and didn't get migraines while I was there. 

It was pretty great. The warmth, sun and humidity were what did it I think.

1 hour ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I have been having pretty bad insomnia. I think it's stress related but this is the fifth night I've been up till 1:00. 

Idk what to do about it. 

O tried melatonin for the first time last night and uh it made me hallucinate a bit XD and I didn't really sleep? 

Fun fact, that inspired this song:

Must post really fast while it's still 2:42!

8 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

Sugar free drinks are a massive trigger for me tbh. I hope you feel better. 

Migraines are no fun. 

I lived in FL for a while (two ish years) and didn't get migraines while I was there. 

It was pretty great. The warmth, sun and humidity were what did it I think.

Thanks. I've got a few things that I can consume that for sure are triggers (chocolate for sure, caffeine, frost cherry gatoraid for some reason now?). And yeah, they're no fun.

My thought is more scientific since in a more climate stable region, weather doesn't change as much as it does in Michigan. 

44 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Thanks. I've got a few things that I can consume that for sure are triggers (chocolate for sure, caffeine, frost cherry gatoraid for some reason now?). And yeah, they're no fun.

My thought is more scientific since in a more climate stable region, weather doesn't change as much as it does in Michigan. 

Not chocolate:( I'm so sorry! 

That frost gatorade is evil tbh. Everyone I know who gets migraines gets them from that stuff. 

I hope it levels out soon. 

1 hour ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

Wounds that never heal seem pretty intense and pretty out of left feild tbh

Yes, it's a great lyric about a horrible thing.

But I'm pretty sure he meant physical and not emotional.

Still Necrotizing fasciitis is no joke.

5 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

Not chocolate:( I'm so sorry! 

That frost gatorade is evil tbh. Everyone I know who gets migraines gets them from that stuff. 

I hope it levels out soon. 

Yeah, chocolate. I'm sure I'd be safe if in small amounts, but I don't take the risk. I'll take white chocolate. Not actual chocolate, but hey. I'm playing safe.

Yeah, the Frost syle of Gatoraid; Glacier Cherry flavor. The idea was good to have the gatoraid to keep hydrate with some flavor. I did well enough with water and orange juice.

Same. A same some of the places I would move in the US want to kill us; either by weather or politics.

Tested just recently, and no antigens detected in the test. So I can break the isolation this evening. For sure tomorrow. Yes, I will be wearing a mask for the next five days whenever I'm around people. Yes, I plan on getting cleaning stuff to clean the house before I have anyone over. 

Feels like sleep ambushed me after I got back from the vet appointment this morning.

Been burning the candle at both ends getting the boy ready for dorm life, processing incoming deliveries and handling regular responsibilities.

I can feel the slow down coming, it's just not here yet so, muscle through.

Much better than the past few days. Minor sniffles and cough. Negative covid test. All that means I can leave the house tomorrow.

Also getting game videos uploaded. Save for two videos, all are going to be scheduled to be released. Another game for play has been started and will be worked through. Another is in queue.

4 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Much better than the past few days. Minor sniffles and cough. Negative covid test. All that means I can leave the house tomorrow.

Also getting game videos uploaded. Save for two videos, all are going to be scheduled to be released. Another game for play has been started and will be worked through. Another is in queue.

~~~~~

Yay!

Glad to hear on both fronts.  Negative Covid and Gameplay videos.

:biggrin:

I'm tired of feeling tired *again*. Whatever weird cyclic thing that smacks me with the "you don't have any stamina anymore!" thing every couple of weeks needs to stop. I have shit to do, I can't keep shutting down this early in the day.

It's been like two weeks since I've felt actually rested, and yes I do get nearly a full 8 hours most nights.