How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

2 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

Overloaded & shutdown. I made the trip to the homestead unannounced this time and arrived the other night to find an absolute fu¢¢in' disaster. Can barely even walk thru the house. Barely even have the energy to walk, doesn't take long to become ill from this place.

~~~~~

...dang...

Gonna be sore for a while. Managed to almost take the tip of my thumb off earlier while cutting mushrooms at work. And of course it being Sunday, urgent care closed at five. I put liquid bandage on then a bandaid to be sure. I'll try and let some air get to it later. 

1 minute ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Gonna be sore for a while. Managed to almost take the tip of my thumb off earlier while cutting mushrooms at work. And of course it being Sunday, urgent care closed at five. I put liquid bandage on then a bandaid to be sure. I'll try and let some air get to it later. 

~~~~~

AHHHHH!!! :shock:

I had sympathy pains reading this.

I watch too many cooking shows (and have almost taken both of my thumbs off in two unrelated incidents).

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

AHHHHH!!! :shock:

I had sympathy pains reading this.

I watch too many cooking shows (and have almost taken both of my thumbs off in two unrelated incidents).

I'm usually pretty good about keeping my figures curled it; my thumb happened to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time and I managed to get a deepish gash on it. I put some liquid bandaid on it and a new bandaid at least until I shower later.

I can't shake this feeling that I've forgotten something very important.  Unfortunately I have so much going on that going down a list of things is rather time consuming, but if it helps me figure it out, then...hey.

Feels like I was run over by a freight train.  Everything is stiff.  I've got to stop getting stuck out in monsoons...and pushing Zero-Turn mowers through 14" tall grass.

*stretch*

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

Feels like I was run over by a freight train.  Everything is stiff.  I've got to stop getting stuck out in monsoons...and pushing Zero-Turn mowers through 14" tall grass.

*stretch*

What's got you stiff? I hope it's still not recovery from the sleep study still.

7 hours ago, et-novum said:

What's got you stiff? I hope it's still not recovery from the sleep study still.

~~~~~

Two days of getting chilled being caught out in a monsoon.  Midday yesterday, I chauffeured for 3 hours. Yesterday evening, I ended up pushing a 42 inch deck, Zero-Turn lawn mower for 35 feet due to a stalled engine.  After the rains ended around 9pm, I blew out the engine and changed the deck belt.  Tested to ensure everything was functioning properly, then put everything away and locked down around 10pm.

It was supposed to be a chauffeuring run and a quick yard cutting.  lol...that didn't happen.  Mother Nature kicked my hiney and it's been a minute since I've had to push a machine the size of a 1993 Geo Tracker.

😆

19 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Two days of getting chilled being caught out in a monsoon.  Midday yesterday, I chauffeured for 3 hours. Yesterday evening, I ended up pushing a 42 inch deck, Zero-Turn lawn mower for 35 feet due to a stalled engine.  After the rains ended around 9pm, I blew out the engine and changed the deck belt.  Tested to ensure everything was functioning properly, then put everything away and locked down around 10pm.

It was supposed to be a chauffeuring run and a quick yard cutting.  lol...that didn't happen.  Mother Nature kicked my hiney and it's been a minute since I've had to push a machine the size of a 1993 Geo Tracker.

😆

Hope you get some yard work done today since we're due for some severe weathe tomorrow.

9 hours ago, TronRP said:

*stretch*

I feel everything being stiff; working in a kitchen basically standing in one spot.

2 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Hope you get some yard work done today since we're due for some severe weathe tomorrow.

~~~~~

9 front and back lots cut and blown clear in 5.5 hours.  I'm feeling accomplished and ready for bed.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I feel bad that you had a bad time with them.  I went to school there as well as worked in the UGLY and was a Supplemental Instructor until 2002.  Because they were a commuter school (didn't have dorms for long-term stay) WSU was not taken very seriously when people spoke of getting a "real" education...regardless of the fact that WSU is known nationwide for Math and Law.

In order to be more competitive, they began adding dorms, upping telecommunications (where @Trene4000 worked) and expanding the administration to include more overseas programs (that's how I got to study abroad in Japan for nearly a year).

Because I was part of the staff at the time, I got to see most of the "numbers" and we were still under the nation average.  But I suppose if you don't have the support, it can feel like money grubbing.

That is actually how I feel about LIT later LTU.  They didn't want me, although I had the knowledge, because I was in the wrong tax bracket for what they were looking for.  That's how I ended up at WSU.  And UofM was just a bit too competitive and 2.5 times more expensive.

Once you are a WSU student, you are a student for life.  You can take a break, go back later, graduate, come back and study another field, etc., all with the same WSU status.

I've already spoken with counselors regarding completing my degree regardless of the 10 year gap.  When I'm ready, all I have to do is call.

:biggrin:

I actually didn't until after I graduated and that's my fault. I have a transcript hold and they don't really have a flexible payment plan option. 

Edited by kat

1 minute ago, NocteSpiritus said:

I'm sure it is. I was gifted my stepdad's (via my mom) push lawnmower. It's one of those baggers with drive assist.

~~~~~

The Self-Propel model?  OMG, yes!!!  That was a lifesaver for me as one of the lots I cut takes 90 minutes with a sefl-propelled walk behind and 3 hours with a basic walk behind lawn mower.