What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

1 hour ago, kat said:

You should have seen my office when I first started.  There was junk all over and the window seal had dusty folders and stuff on it when I went to move them about a dozen earwigs descended and fell to the carpet crawling all over. It took alot not to turn around and walk out that first day. So I clean it up and they end up giving someone else the office and make me share with an intern because they apparently hired more people and need to move stuff around. The old me, living in  emotions would have quit 12 times by now.

Sounds like you should try to find a better gig, one with at least a janitorial / maintenance staff that will keep up the building.

I mean unless it's specifically stated in your job duties, it's literally not your job.  If they want it to be they can give you a raise, but it's still gross.

I mean who even cleans the bathrooms?  I shudder to think about what those are like.

11 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

They gonna pay you or are they expecting free manual labor?

If you enjoy that maybe you should join the Detroit Mower Gang or Blight Busters or something.

~~~~~

Oh heavens yes these people are paying me after they acted like I didn't exist all this time.  My baby sister, who seems to get all their attention, happened to be here when one neighbor, trying to be all social, yelled across the street and asked what it would cost for me to cut their yard.  Baby girl put her foot down and said $20, then looked at me and said, "Don't be afraid to charge people!"

So yes.  I get paid per cut.

:biggrin:

Also, I used to help out in the various vacant lots with a group some years ago.  I never knew who they were because my brother volunteered my services because he knew I had a Tractor.  I stopped cutting lots when my tractor died a couple of years ago.

I just got my Zero Turn this year and people have started taking notice again. 

3 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

That's what my father paid me 25 years ago.  Might be time to up your hourly rate.  If they complain they can do it themselves or try to find a neighborhood kid who's cheaper.

~~~~~

Dude, I make $20 in 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the yard.  In my book, that's not bad.

13 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah, that's not bad then.  I was thinking they'd be larger yards or something that would take more time.

~~~~~
Just about everyone here has double lots.  I just happen to always keep a 42" deck as a standard for any riding mower I get.  With a 21" walk-behind mower, it would take 90 minutes for a self-propelled and 3 hours for a manual.

10 hours ago, kat said:

In the middle of the night I was tossing and turning and checked my Facebook and seen my half brother in Cincinnati died in his sleep the day before. He had a rare type of cancer and probably knew that he was going to die soon based on his recent posts. Hopefully he is at peace now.

Wow, that sucks.  Sorry for your loss.

12 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~
Just about everyone here has double lots.  I just happen to always keep a 42" deck as a standard for any riding mower I get.  With a 21" walk-behind mower, it would take 90 minutes for a self-propelled and 3 hours for a manual.

How I imagine you look on it:

2edxtc6056891.jpg?width=691&auto=webp&s=
(okay, maybe not that big)

I imagine you have a trimmer for the fenced-in corners or something?

13 hours ago, kat said:

In the middle of the night I was tossing and turning and checked my Facebook and seen my half brother in Cincinnati died in his sleep the day before. He had a rare type of cancer and probably knew that he was going to die soon based on his recent posts. Hopefully he is at peace now.

Oh goodness. I am so sorry. (Hugs)

Just how fast are people going through posts on Facebook that everyone has to keep making posts stating that they are seeing who will read to the end and/or who is "actually a friend"...wow.  I would be embarrassed to be associated with a site that sees me as a clicking drone or a video shorts moron.

:wacko:

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

Just how fast are people going through posts on Facebook that everyone has to keep making posts stating that they are seeing who will read to the end and/or who is "actually a friend"...wow.  I would be embarrassed to be associated with a site that sees me as a clicking drone or a video shorts moron.

:wacko:

Yes, now you know one of the reasons why I haven't been on it in YEARS and deleted my account.

Thinking I might have found my third ETF I want to build. $UEVM was 2022, $SPHD is this year, and come 2024, $JEPQ is going to be the obsessive build. By 2025, I'll have 3 solid monthly paying dividend ETFs that can grow themselves on dividends alone, added my own deposits. I'm going to finally get off the ground by 2025.