What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

I am trying to keep my skepticism under control regarding this online school.  I am not comfortable with viewing a video of a teacher for 7th grade English telling students to give them direct "cell phone" numbers, not their parents', but one for them to contact the student directly.  I am not alright with that.  The teacher will already have video conferencing access to the student during regular school hours, so why would they need direct contact outside of class time?

Wow, another busy day that snuck up on me.

(Sorry, I know "snuck" is not technically a proper word, but I have a hard time saying "sneaked up on me".  It makes me think of Bugs Bunny and the Looney Toons.)

😂

I just drowned and bludgeoned a centipede to death in my bathroom and I also found out that for 41 years I thought that those ugly things we see all the time were centipedes but they are actually milipedes. Centipedes actually look like bees and apparently can sting. I have never seen one so big either!! It was very large. I walked in the bathroom,  switch on the lights and it's running across the floor like it owns the place. I was like shit, shit what do I grab? The bottle of fantastic with bleach right there I kept spraying forever, there was a huge puddle in the floor but that mfer was still wadding it's way out...it was not ready to meet Jesus yet. I just turned the bottle around and started wailing on it...than sat it down and washed my hands..looked back and it was still alive! IT WASN'T EVEN WHOLE ANYMORE. I DISMEMBERED IT AND IT WAS STILL TRYING TO LIVE! THE WILL WAS STRONG 💪

I drowned it a little bit longer and got it up and flushed it finally ending its poor ordeal...hopefully. My God I didn't mean to turn it into a torture session.  That was alot. RIP, bug.

6 minutes ago, kat said:

I just drowned and bludgeoned a centipede to death in my bathroom and I also found out that for 41 years I thought that those ugly things we see all the time were centipedes but they are actually milipedes. Centipedes actually look like bees and apparently can sting. I have never seen one so big either!! It was very large. I walked in the bathroom,  switch on the lights and it's running across the floor like it owns the place. I was like shit, shit what do I grab? The bottle of fantastic with bleach right there I kept spraying forever, there was a huge puddle in the floor but that mfer was still wadding it's way out...it was not ready to meet Jesus yet. I just turned the bottle around and started wailing on it...than sat it down and washed my hands..looked back and it was still alive! IT WASN'T EVEN WHOLE ANYMORE. I DISMEMBERED IT AND IT WAS STILL TRYING TO LIVE! THE WILL WAS STRONG 💪

I drowned it a little bit longer and got it up and flushed it finally ending its poor ordeal...hopefully. My God I didn't mean to turn it into a torture session.  That was alot. RIP, bug.

~~~~~

Your story was so vivid, it was like I was living it.  Then I visualized it like a Canned Film Festival movie short: "Death of the Unwanted Bathroom Guest". 🤣

Chances are, what you encountered was a House Centipede.

large.1923155239_HouseCentipede081720.jpg

And yes, I have seen those things grow to about 3 inches.  And I've heard they can grow bigger.

Out in nature, Centipedes and Millipedes look similar, but you can tell them apart.

large.1986425025_millipedes-vs-centipedes-picture081720.jpg

9 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Your story was so vivid, it was like I was living it.  Then I visualized it like a Canned Film Festival movie short: "Death of the Unwanted Bathroom Guest". 🤣

Chances are, what you encountered was a House Centipede.

large.1923155239_HouseCentipede081720.jpg

And yes, I have seen those things grow to about 3 inches.  And I've heard they can grow bigger.

Out in nature, Centipedes and Millipedes look similar, but you can tell them apart.

large.1986425025_millipedes-vs-centipedes-picture081720.jpg

Lol!! That's exactly what I was going for except with Morgan Freeman doing the narration. 😎

Also,  I thought that was what I read too about it being a house centipede, I just have never seen an actual house one.  With it being 2020 and all I'm just glad that I didn't walk in to find on of those human centipedes crawling around instead! 

Edited by kat

6 hours ago, kat said:

Lol!! That's exactly what I was going for except with Morgan Freeman doing the narration. 😎

~~~~~

Mission accomplished!! 😁👍

Also, regarding the "human centipedes" comment, some people are asking if those movies were taken off of true events.  With all the crazies in this world with private hideaways, one will never truly know. 

:sofa:

11 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Mission accomplished!! 😁👍

Also, regarding the "human centipedes" comment, some people are asking if those movies were taken off of true events.  With all the crazies in this world with private hideaways, one will never truly know. 

:sofa:

Truth!! I wouldn't be surprised if we were to hear a story about one before the year is up. 

Wondering if I should go to sleep right now.  My neighbors start partying at 8pm every night, but since I'm so tired right now, I might actually sleep through the loudest part of it all.  They generally turn the music down about 12:30am.

I think I'll have to stay awake the rest of the night.  If I go to sleep now, I'm going to miss the virtual "meet and greet" for the boy's online school happening later today at 12pm.  For some reason, I can't wake up before 11am.  And if I do wake up, I have no motivation to get up so I forget why I was trying to wake up in the first place.  😆

Had about five people (including me) all set for a camping weekend, now three dropped out; one due to 'not having time to request the camping weekend off' for their job and the other two due to financial (and morale?) reasons. Like, we were all planning on this for weeks. Seriously? I put money down for a rental car (none of us really trust our vehicles to make the trip) and for the camp site. Wish people woulda said they couldn't two weeks ago.

5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Had about five people (including me) all set for a camping weekend, now three dropped out; one due to 'not having time to request the camping weekend off' for their job and the other two due to financial (and morale?) reasons. Like, we were all planning on this for weeks. Seriously? I put money down for a rental car (none of us really trust our vehicles to make the trip) and for the camp site. Wish people woulda said they couldn't two weeks ago.

~~~~~

It sounds as though you were the one financially invested in the camping trip.  When people have nothing to lose, they just glide through and make decisions based on how they "feel" at that time.

I think you should ask for some percentage of reimbursement.  Even corporate requires you to give a 2 week notice.

On 8/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

It sounds as though you were the one financially invested in the camping trip.  When people have nothing to lose, they just glide through and make decisions based on how they "feel" at that time.

I think you should ask for some percentage of reimbursement.  Even corporate requires you to give a 2 week notice.

It was a thing that (if I remember right) that everyone that was going to go was to pay a portion (everything was broken down providing X many people went between camp site and car rental). Still hoping that two people that had opted out will change their minds and opt in again. It's been a ... thing where they say they're not attending meets then turn around and show up anyway. 

44 minutes ago, TronRP said:

I wonder if it is legal to sue for noise pollution.  The bass from these vehicles out here feels like they are about to bust my eardrums.  And it's a bunch of young people from somewhere else, partying on our block.

SMDH..people are straight up off the hook now. I mean people just keep getting murdered and it's worse than it was when I was growing up in the gangland of the 90s. Respect is a foreign concept to people nowadays. 

17 hours ago, kat said:

SMDH..people are straight up off the hook now. I mean people just keep getting murdered and it's worse than it was when I was growing up in the gangland of the 90s. Respect is a foreign concept to people nowadays. 

True That!

I think it's time to start making plans to winterize the houses with tighter construction this year.  DTE has already released the new Budget-wise billing estimate and it is more expensive than last year.  It appears to me that they are gearing up to gouge bill payers even though they keep boasting about all of this "renewable energy" they claim they have tapped into.