What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

I hope the gutter fix will hold for this few days of rain coming up...and I am very happy with the assistance the boy provided for the hours he was out there with me doing the fix and the pull out for bulk, recycling and trash pickup.  

I took my time and worked in 90 degree weather today, but I worked slow and steady and managed to get a lot done without overheating.  I am still getting over the fact that I suffered heat stroke a few years back just doing build tasks that were nothing new. 

I have been taking to heart what an old school lawn care guy said to me a while back when I was in my 20's.  He saw me out moving some cast iron radiators and stopped me and asked what was I rushing around and working so hard for?  He said, "Look at me.  I'm 72 years old and I'm still going.  Take your time and get it done.  You rush around and drop dead, the work will still be there.  So just take your time." ~ Mr. Smith, retiree and lawn care guy :heart:

I think my phone is just about on its last leg.  It looks like an ice cream sandwich, the sound is wonky from the speakers and the front camera takes porthole photos....so far the rubberband holding it all together seems to be doing the trick.

large.1157545796_thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-050042713.gif

Trying to figure out how I got so behind with all of this mail.  Bills, forms, ballots and one refund.  This is crazy important stuff and the first of it is due on Monday.  Time for processing on websites...

:coffee::pc:

1 minute ago, TronRP said:

Trying to figure out how I got so behind with all of this mail.  Bills, forms, ballots and one refund.  This is crazy important stuff and the first of it is due on Monday.  Time for processing on websites...

:coffee::pc:

~~~~~

If available...

How do we keep rolling the dice on living across from neighbors that booze, smoke stuff, fight in the street and party as loud as possible.  There has not been real peace on this end of the block since the late 80's.  Whenever we have a couple of days of quite and no smell of "stuff", we know they will be coming back with a vengeance.

🙄

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

How do we keep rolling the dice on living across from neighbors that booze, smoke stuff, fight in the street and party as loud as possible.  There has not been real peace on this end of the block since the late 80's.  Whenever we have a couple of days of quite and no smell of "stuff", we know they will be coming back with a vengeance.

🙄

I'd come live over that way if I had the money to afford it.

Hope that the dentist (finally got an appointment to tend to the molar) can actually fix it instead of pulling it. The tooth's had this cavity for the past few years, but hadn't really until now to be able to take care of it due to work scheduling and having health care. 

And on the same note; finally got the new patient/physical appointment for the doctor. Blood work and what not may be need to be done since I'm needing one med to help with the thyroid. 

12 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

I'd come live over that way if I had the money to afford it.

~~~~~

The majority of the houses are gone.  Growing up here, we were the youngest family on the block.  Now, the remaining houses on this end of the block, have been passed down to the next generation and the 3 homes that were left abandoned when the owners passed have been turned into rentals.  The rest have burned down or been demoed by the City.  So the issues always arise from the houses that are being rented.  As long as they pay, they can stay.

Trying to figure out how to respond to a FB message without sounding rude. Because while I'm respectful of everyone's chosen spiritual path, the one the person's ... preaching isn't for me and I don't know how she'll respond to my response. Message quoted below.

Dear Jesse - I would like to know if you ever look at anything I post? It may look all the same kind of stuff to you? But I'd really appreciate if you'd look sometimes and just scan thru and pick one or 2 things to read or listen to. Would you consider - just consider - that God can really be Truth? Truth that will save your life, here and now, and for forever. You seem open minded about many of the issues - have you really given Jesus enough consideration? Give a fair chance to something so ultimately crucial.

Oh My Goodness I can't believe I finally finished what I could do regarding signing the boy up for online public school.  This process was tedious.  I didn't mind it so much until I got to the one record that has the wrong name on it because a certain medical institution felt it wasn't necessary to update the boy's records...  I will have to see what the administration has to say.

1 hour ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Trying to figure out how to respond to a FB message without sounding rude. Because while I'm respectful of everyone's chosen spiritual path, the one the person's ... preaching isn't for me and I don't know how she'll respond to my response. Message quoted below.

~~~~~

You really do not have to respond, but if you feel that you must, just thank them for thinking about you and leave it at that. 

8 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

You really do not have to respond, but if you feel that you must, just thank them for thinking about you and leave it at that. 

I know, and I know they mean well. It's trying to get them to understand the path they want me to go on isn't mine. I have my own spiritual path, and it's not the one they probably want me to be on. Not that I'm knocking theirs or anyone's.

2 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

I know, and I know they mean well. It's trying to get them to understand the path they want me to go on isn't mine. I have my own spiritual path, and it's not the one they probably want me to be on. Not that I'm knocking theirs or anyone's.

~~~~~

You are preaching to the choir.  But the thing is this individual is wrong in what they are doing because the phase is "I will make you fishers of men" not chasers of whomever you deem necessary to here what you want to say.  So for each time this person sends you those types of messages, just respond with "Thank you for thinking about me." and nothing more.