What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

19 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I hope they have anti-viral measures in place...stay safe.  And congratulations on being able to go back to work.

There will be some.  They've rearranged the office for us all to be a minimum of 6 feet apart, and only every other staff workstation will be used.  But that's when everyone goes back, and who knows when that will be.  For now, it will only be two of us on each side of the office, plus two attorneys and the office manager.

I'm tripping. My daughter is going to protest now and I don't want her to get hurt. My brother said they're throwing railroad spikes. I want to show support,  she wants to show support  but the protests are turning into other things entirely. She's been crying since she seen the video,  I cried,  I was sick..literally to my stomach. She does these protests often and this one she is worried on both sides, because my brother knowing that he's a good cop. Detroit cops don't even teach that knee on neck to the officers.

Edited by kat

2 hours ago, kat said:

I'm tripping. My daughter is going to protest now and I don't want her to get hurt. My brother said they're throwing railroad spikes. I want to show support,  she wants to show support  but the protests are turning into other things entirely. She's been crying since she seen the video,  I cried,  I was sick..literally to my stomach. She does these protests often and this one she is worried on both sides, because my brother knowing that he's a good cop. Detroit cops don't even teach that knee on neck to the officers.

I get both sides (you as a parent and her as wanting to show support); and even I wanna do something in person. Even if you wanna suggest taking cold drinks to those protesting in place. I can't really tell you how to handle it; just give suggestions that I hope help.

Thinking of dropping over 500 dollars on a video camera and photo camera with side items that go along with them. The photo camera is 340 (roughly) but comes with:

Bundle Includes:

Canon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens

Manufacturer Accessories:

Eyecup Ef

Camera Strap EW-400D

Battery Pack (LP-E10)

Battery Charger (LC-E10E)

Power Cable for Battery Charger

Lens Cap E-58 II

Lens Dust Cap E

Additional Items:

Slave Flash

Spare LPE10 Ultimaxx Brand Battery

Large Gadget Bag with Dual Buckles

HD UV Filter

8” Gripster Tripod

Lens Cap Keeper

Memory Card Reader

SanDisk Ultra 32GB Memory Card

Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

The video camera is 110 and includes:

Package Contents: 
1* Video Camera 
1* Video Camera Bag 
1* External Microphone 
1* USB Charging Cable 
1* Battery Charging Adapter
1* HDMI Cable 
2* Rechargeable Lithium Battery
1* Remote control
2* User Manual 

Additional items:

Photo Camera

2 additional batteries and charger

Video Camera

Camera stabilizer

2 additional batteries and charger

This is pitiful.  I am making some really good headway in getting stuff done, but for some reason this is when I always seem to self-sabotage.  This year, I'm going to stay focused on whatever task is currently at hand.

頑張ります!

On 5/26/2020 at 11:04 PM, TronRP said:

I really wish it wasn't bugging me so much that AmericaSpace will be televising the Live Launch of NASA's Astronauts in SpaceX's Falcon 9 Rocket at 2pm Wednesday afternoon on Discovery Channel.  When doing things live and within a timeframe that will be viewed by the public, concerns tend to get swept under the rug to keep activities on schedule which is the very thing that happened during the tragedy of the Challenger launch in 1986.  (I actually played hooky from school that day to watch the launch live on TV.  It was devastating.)

As the country is in temperatures nearing the start of Summer, there should be a good chance that there will not be any Sub-Zero temperatures hindering tomorrow's launch.  But at the same time, hopefully they will properly address any and all concerns in real-time, irregardless of delays that may ensue. 

Irregardless is? I know what regardless means..it's just a thing with me...I welcome your eyeroll and even a slap. I am not a grammar nazi..but I draw a weak penciled line at words that do not exist at all. Dont kill me just...grimace, hit me, but use real words. Please.

Edited by Maureen Falcon

9 hours ago, Maureen Falcon said:

Irregardless is? I know what regardless means..it's just a thing with me...I welcome your eyeroll and even a slap. I am not a grammar nazi..but I draw a weak penciled line at words that do not exist at all. Dont kill me just...grimace, hit me, but use real words. Please.

~~~~~

🤣

No hitting and I totally understand. 

However, "Irregardless" is a real word although it is used less often.  It has a different impact than "Regardless" which is what I was stressing in my statement with concern to past events.

Definitions from Oxford Languages

Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.

~source: www.dictionary.com - Is Irregardless A Word? - Everything After Z by Dictionary.com

Regardless: If something is done without consideration, it's done regardless, usually followed by the word "of." Today you can sit wherever you'd like on a bus, regardless of your race, but this wasn't always the case. The word regardless can also be used as an adverb meaning despite everything.

~ source: www.vocabulary.com - regardless - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com

Looking at all of these commercials of businesses boasting about now being clean and how they are combating the virus, I wonder, does that mean that once the virus is confirmed no longer a threat, will they go back to subpar service and semi-clean locations?

This year I am going to listen to my body.  I will have to handle business according to how and when my body is capable.

However, so far, it looks like night time has become my new daytime.

I have eye surgery again tomorrow.  Yes, again.  Every 10 weeks... and it used to be every 6 weeks.  I have retinal vein occlusion (due to stress and not related to diabetes, go figure).  I have to go in and have them stick a needle in my eye and inject medication into the retina.  Trust me, it's even creepier than it sounds.  I know what the potential complications are, and I worry every time that THIS will be the time I go blind.  And then there's the pain involved.  Sigh.

I do get two days off work for it, but when I go back I'll get punished with having over 100 emails of bullshit to deal with.  Argh.

I never thought I would have a pandemic to thank for keeping me from heat exhaustion, but due to the fact that I started layering my cooling gear differently to wear as personal protection barrier against COVID-19, I have discovered that I can be out and work in 90+ degree weather, without overheating, for hours at a time.  Now I just need better head protection and I'll be set.

😁👍

I figure I will check out the 2 day series "Where Do We Go From Here?" that they have been advertising for the past few days.  It will be airing across the entire 17 networks of the Discovery Family of Networks starting at 9pm.

Right now I'm so excited that I can see the library room floor...I want to keep working, but I think I also need nap.  But then I don't want to sleep too hard and miss more work time.  I can't work overnight tonight because I have to make a pickup at the school tomorrow at 8:30am.  We had to schedule for a 10 minute time slot to receive the girl's cap and gown.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth...they've moved cap and gown pickup to after 12pm tomorrow, so I don't have to worry how long I work on the basement now since I don't have to do pickup at 8:30am in the morning.