So my friend Rob's mom is Polish.. Today I had to drive her to her friend's house in NW Chicago and we went shopping (Polish neighborhood and all).. Had a good time. Went to a Polish grocery store where they had a lot of interesting food.. And hot chicks (also Polsih) work there.. Yay!

Ate some authentic home made Polish food such as Pierogis, man it was so good. Drank some Polish beer (very strong was buzzing after 2 beers and I can take a lot of alcohol, I think it had 6+ % alcohol) and learned how to speak some Polish as well.. All in all it was a good time and I want to go back to that grocery store when I have money.. It's called Montrose Deli on Montrose Ave in Chicago in case you ever happen to be in the neighborhood and want to find some good food..

Only part that sucked ass was dealing with fuckin morons on the roads.. Detroit is so much nicer to drive in than Chicago where everyone is in a huge fuckin hurry, don't give a fuck about cutting you off and DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO MERGE IN A BOTTLENECK! Gah.. Fuckin retards.. Anyway, aside from the driving it was fun.

Had a best friend that was polish. Polish people as much fun as Irish people! Good food, drink....like to dance and party. Hamtramck rules.

So my friend Rob's mom is Polish.. Today I had to drive her to her friend's house in NW Chicago and we went shopping (Polish neighborhood and all).. Had a good time. Went to a Polish grocery store where they had a lot of interesting food.. And hot chicks (also Polsih) work there.. Yay!

Ate some authentic home made Polish food such as Pierogis, man it was so good. Drank some Polish beer (very strong was buzzing after 2 beers and I can take a lot of alcohol, I think it had 6+ % alcohol) and learned how to speak some Polish as well.. All in all it was a good time and I want to go back to that grocery store when I have money.. It's called Montrose Deli on Montrose Ave in Chicago in case you ever happen to be in the neighborhood and want to find some good food..

Only part that sucked ass was dealing with fuckin morons on the roads.. Detroit is so much nicer to drive in than Chicago where everyone is in a huge fuckin hurry, don't give a fuck about cutting you off and DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO MERGE IN A BOTTLENECK! Gah.. Fuckin retards.. Anyway, aside from the driving it was fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once someone spilled Polish remover on me and I disappeared.  Not a big fan of white out either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laughing I choked on my coffee when I read that.

When I read the title I did think this thread was going to be about black nail polish.

Guest MsMaldoror

Just ask Dollar Dave about his kielbasa. He's Polish too. :wink

This thread makes me want a Polish Sausage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest MsMaldoror

I'm Polish and spent time growing up in Hamtramck, but I know very little Polish. I need to take lessons from you, BS9, and Medea.

Salvata?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm Polish and spent time growing up in Hamtramck, but I know very little Polish.  I need to take lessons from you, BS9, and Medea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, unfortunately it's very difficult trying to read what Phee is writing considering he can't put in the special characters.

Best I can guess is he's saying something about good salad...

Also I have negligible Polish SPEAKING skill, but I can understand a lot of it. Especially when it's about me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah, but the reason so many people live in Chicago is that they don't have to drive! The el is the most awesome thing ever...! Of course, I've lived in Michigan since 2001 and still don't have a driver's license :wink

Your post made me homesick though...I love those old Polish neighborhoods :grin

yeah but the people that do drive in Chicago are so fuckin rude it just makes you want to have rocket launchers installed on your vehicle before you think about driving through that town again.. Not to mention the fact that everyone drives like an idiot.. Slam the accelerator and slam the brakes they don't know what easy-going means when it comes to driving out there.

I used to work at a place with alot fo polish people they were nice but i found myself putting on a fake polish accent whenever i talked tot hem for some reason i could never figure out why their english was decent enough but in my mind i just figured they would understand me better if i talked that way..........oh well

yeah but the people that do drive in Chicago are so fuckin rude it just makes you want to have rocket launchers installed on your vehicle before you think about driving through that town again.. Not to mention the fact that everyone drives like an idiot.. Slam the accelerator and slam the brakes they don't know what easy-going means when it comes to driving out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, I never noticed and get more freaked out at the way people here drive on the freeways but then I went to high school in Philly and my dad's a born and bred New Yorker so I guess I'm just used to the style of traffic in crowded,fast paced cities :tongue:

Flying is a good way to go to Chicago though--half the time the fares are cheaper than what you'd spend on gas and parking if you drove to Chicago anyways, and it's an easy jaunt on the blue line from the airport to just about any place you'd want to stay in...

Archived