Why don't you get enough sleep?

• 3 weeks later...

I am a night person, so I find it difficult to sleep then. I also can't sleep if there is any light in the room (but I have no problem sleeping during the day for some reason), if I'm at all warm, or freezing, and little noises will wake me up. I have to sleep with a white noise machine and fan on.

Odd things can keep me up, but mostly even when I feel tired my brain is still working overtime most of the time. Which means I tend to stay up a lot thinking and working on things. Sometimes I just can't sleep even when I want to. If it's too hot I have trouble sleeping. And once I hear morning noises like birds and people I can't sleep anymore. Also I tend to be a night person and stay up waaaaaaaay too late most nights lol.

• 1 month later...

Nothing anymore. The c-pap I've had for a couple months now has me sleeping a full night unless the cats get into it or I have had too much liquid intake during the day and have to pee a lot.

But I can stay up too late if I'm reading a good book and having trouble making myself shut the covers.

Prior to getting on the machine, I was up until 2-3:00 a.m., waking up every hour or so, up at 6:00 to get Jon off to work, then back to bed until 1:00. Now I'm sleeping a good 6+ hours before the alarm, then getting up again around 10:00, which is actually good for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sleeping biphasically lately. 5-6 hours at night with 45-60 minutes in the afternoon. So far my recovery from training has improved as a result, as well as my ability to function after having to switch between days and nights at work. My overall quality of sleep is much higher as well.

Guest Megalicious

Night is when I get most of my studying in. Being the crazy perfectionist (at least in an academic sense) that I am is the why I don't get enough sleep.

It's a compromise I am willing to make. :heart:

I've been sleeping biphasically lately. 5-6 hours at night with 45-60 minutes in the afternoon. So far my recovery from training has improved as a result, as well as my ability to function after having to switch between days and nights at work. My overall quality of sleep is much higher as well.

I find that I work best this way. I need to stop fighting it and just make time for naps. Especially because sleep disorders run in my family and it may just not be possible for me to get good sleep in a single block.

Guest Megalicious

But sleep improves memory function and makes you more efficient.

Well I do get SOME :heart:

Lately, I have too many things going on in my brain. Mostly revolving around theories I find interesting. The why's, framework, understanding, foundation concepts, and different situations that would apply, that my brain works overtime on.

I don't really like sleep. Well, I do. I just don't like sleeping often. Too many bad dreams/memories await me when I close my eyes. I just prefer to get as little sleep as I possibly can and still remain a functional human/non-zombie. For instance, I still haven't slept today. I might get a few hours once dawn comes, but I might just wait until later tonight. *shrugs* Just depends on whether or not I find anymore random bands to download and give a whirl.

Well I do get SOME :heart:

Lately, I have too many things going on in my brain. Mostly revolving around theories I find interesting. The why's, framework, understanding, foundation concepts, and different situations that would apply, that my brain works overtime on.

Ooh! I love that. It makes for the best dreams. They are the dreams that I can't exactly remember because the imagery is so abstracted, but it seems that even in those cases, the brain loves to mull that over and apply it to some kind of spacial relation. Typically, then, when my brain is so taken up with that stuff, my dreams aren't action focused but instead are rooted in some very interesting landscapes. Ever have that? Or is this just further proof that I'm a total nutcase?