>> Industrial Wednesdays << @ Mars Bar, Hamtramck ::

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely bartender K just informed me for tomorrow's Industrial Wednesday...

"We're doing $3 drink specials until 12am and $4 bombs!!!!!"

(...and if you thought Marvin made a strong drink, you need to have her mix you up something good.)

Lovely bartender K just informed me for tomorrow's Industrial Wednesday...

"We're doing $3 drink specials until 12am and $4 bombs!!!!!"

(...and if you thought Marvin made a strong drink, you need to have her mix you up something good.)

Hah.

I'll likely be there.

TONIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!!!

new music from God Module!!! This isn't out until August but come tonight and hear it at :: INDUSTRIAL Wednesday :: @ Mars Bar! One of the best God Module tracks I've heard in recent years!

God Module returns with Rituals, a floor smashing preview to the upcoming album Séance. Featuring six versions of the title track and two b-sides, this slice of dark audio aggression is destined to own dance floors worldwide. The single features remixes from Modulate, White Ring, iVardensphere, & Mordacious.

Tracklist

01. Rituals

02. Rituals (Distorted Memory Mix)

03. Devils Night (Modulate B-Ket Mix)

04. Rituals (White Ring Mix)

05. Rituals (God Mod Clubbed To Death Mix)

06. Remember (God Mod Vexed Mix)

07. Rituals (iVardensphere Mix)

08. Rituals (Mordacious Mix)

Release Date

August 2011

Edited by DJ Saint

TONIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!! TONIGHT!!!!!

new music from God Module!!! This isn't out until August but come tonight and hear it at :: INDUSTRIAL Wednesday :: @ Mars Bar! One of the best God Module tracks I've heard in recent years!

God Module returns with Rituals, a floor smashing preview to the upcoming album Séance. Featuring six versions of the title track and two b-sides, this slice of dark audio aggression is destined to own dance floors worldwide. The single features remixes from Modulate, White Ring, iVardensphere, & Mordacious.

Tracklist

01. Rituals

02. Rituals (Distorted Memory Mix)

03. Devils Night (Modulate B-Ket Mix)

04. Rituals (White Ring Mix)

05. Rituals (God Mod Clubbed To Death Mix)

06. Remember (God Mod Vexed Mix)

07. Rituals (iVardensphere Mix)

08. Rituals (Mordacious Mix)

Release Date

August 2011

Neat.

Although with the "tonight tonight tonight" i thought there was going to be a phil collins mix for some reason. hah.

Still planning on going, even though I'm half awake... how dare the docs spam my phone at 9am, don't they know I have bar-ing to do? Probably no wing man/woman tonight so it'll be a first for me in a long, long time. :unsure:

71311.jpg

This week (7.13.2011)

we welcome guest

DJ Glamazon and DJ Arcsine

How could anyone forget DJ Glamazon from her days spinning electro, goth, electroclash, alternative and more at the sadly gone but not forgotten Mephistos?

DJ Arcsine has spun numerous places from Detroit (Noctronica @ Labyrinth) to Ann Arbor (Cavern Club) and back again

usually centering on the gutter-tech guitar sound made famous by acts like 16 Volt, Diatribe, Sister Machine Gun and the Re-Constriction label.

Both are skilled individual DJ's, while together they are a dynamic force as proven by their last visit to the Axis of Evil Night in Bloomington, Indiana

- where they tore the roof off the place!

We welcome them to Mars Bar this Wednesday for a night sure to be a musical myriad of styles.

Bring yourself, your friends and your stompy boots!

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

DJ Nocker [Former Dead-Line and Censor resident DJ] along with DJ Saint [City Club DJ 2002-2010, Dead-Line resident and more]

will feature a non-stop mix of the latest and the greatest industrial, coldwave, EBM, future-pop, goth, noise and synthpop music (and videos) for your dancing/listening pleasure.

INDUSTRIAL Wednesdays offers the community a modern night that focuses on

exposing new music, up and coming bands and diverse sounds

through an eclectic and varied music mix that will also include your familiar favorites as well.

Doors at 10 pm and lasting until 2 a.m.

The Mars Bar

10001 Jos Campau

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Public Parking is available on Jos Campau or the public parking lot located directly across the street behind "Shoppers World".

Beers, shooters, martinis, wine and signature drinks available.

Absinthe is occasionally on the menu.

Drink specials throughout the night.

Admission is FREE!

Don't forget to mark your calendars and continue spreading the word about INDUSTRIAL Wednesdays at Mars Bar in Hamtramck!

We look forward to seeing you all!

• 2 weeks later...

This week

:: 7.27.2011 ::

DGN TURNS 10 Years Old!!!

10-Years.png

DetroitGothic.Net turns TEN FUCKING YEARS OLD ON WEDNESDAY!

To celebrate, we (along with DGN staff/Moderators) are encouraging people to meet up at Industrial Wednesday.

Come out and enjoy some drinks, good times and kick ass music.

We would love to see as many DGNers there as possible.

Congrats to DGN on turning 10!

DJ Nocker [Former Dead-Line and Censor resident DJ] along with DJ Saint [City Club DJ 2002-2010, Dead-Line resident and more]

will feature a non-stop mix of the latest and the greatest industrial, coldwave, EBM, future-pop,

goth, noise and synthpop music (and videos) for your dancing/listening pleasure.

through an eclectic and varied music mix that will also include your familiar favorites as well.

The Mars Bar

10001 Jos Campau

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Public Parking is available on Jos Campau or the public parking lot located directly across the street behind "Shoppers World".

Admission is FREE!

Don't forget to mark your calendars and continue spreading the word about INDUSTRIAL Wednesdays at Mars Bar in Hamtramck!

This week

August 3, 2011

58622759c.jpg

From Hammerheads to Great Whites to Tiger to Whale to Nurse... Sharks are awesome!!!

Well it's that time of year again - Shark Week (On Discovery Channel)

Experience an OCEANS-worth of fun this week at Industrial Wednesday as JAWS along with other shark movies are shown on the large screen!

Come dance, drink, laugh, tell shark tales with friends and live it up while we provide you with the best non-stop eclectic music mix in the Detroit limits.

Come on, the waters safe

;)

will feature a non-stop mix of the latest and the greatest industrial, coldwave, EBM, future-pop, goth, noise and synthpop music (and videos) for your dancing/listening pleasure.

The Mars Bar

10001 Jos Campau

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Admission is FREE!

Edited by DJ Saint

This week

August 3, 2011

58622759c.jpg

From Hammerheads to Great Whites to Tiger to Whale to Nurse... Sharks are awesome!!!

Well it's that time of year again - Shark Week (On Discovery Channel)

Experience an OCEANS-worth of fun this week at Industrial Wednesday as JAWS along with other shark movies are shown on the large screen!

Come dance, drink, laugh, tell shark tales with friends and live it up while we provide you with the best non-stop eclectic music mix in the Detroit limits.

Come on, the waters safe

;)

The Mars Bar

10001 Jos Campau

Hamtramck, MI 48212

Admission is FREE!

I love the flyer, they are always awesome.

It would be nice to go just once. In the old days I went to Paychecks and Lilli's (Lillies). Are they still there? Or did Lilli's become this place now? I don't have a car so I'll never see these cool places......Sigh. Have fun oh kindred spirits :) XOXO

It would be nice to go just once. In the old days I went to Paychecks and Lilli's (Lillies). Are they still there? Or did Lilli's become this place now? I don't have a car so I'll never see these cool places......Sigh. Have fun oh kindred spirits :) XOXO

Paychecks is still there... chugging along as they always have.

Lilli's has become the Painted Lady. Same vibe sorta...

Belmont is gone and should reopen as a sports bar(!?) under a different name.

Mars Bar is a new club/bar/lounge/space port that opened in June 2010. So still very new in comparison to those other places you mentioned. Inside features an orange-and-red theme accented by hints of green. An epoxy floor and a green, glass-tiled bar front give the 2,300-square-foot establishment a unique feel.

Basically they bought an empty building, renovated it, and turned it into what it is today!

And K the bartender can mix a mean mean MEAN drink!

Hopefully you can make it out sometime. Maybe get a friend to drive.

Edited by DJ Saint

Paychecks is still there... chugging along as they always have.

Lilli's has become the Painted Lady. Same vibe sorta...

Belmont is gone and should reopen as a sports bar(!?) under a different name.

Mars Bar is a new club/bar/lounge/space port that opened in June 2010. So still very new in comparison to those other places you mentioned. Inside features an orange-and-red theme accented by hints of green. An epoxy floor and a green, glass-tiled bar front give the 2,300-square-foot establishment a unique feel.

Basically they bought an empty building, renovated it, and turned it into what it is today!

And K the bartender can mix a mean mean MEAN drink!

Hopefully you can make it out sometime. Maybe get a friend to drive.

It does look very pretty and neon in there. Thanks for the update on the old places.