>> Industrial Wednesdays << @ Mars Bar, Hamtramck ::

CHECK IT OUT!!! Been playing a lot of the new Accessory CD and you can expect to hear several tracks this Wednesdays and future Wednesdays at Mars Bar.

Head on out to hear this exciting disc and more!

R-2942896-1308412113.jpeg

Presenting the new album of German power electro band ACCESSORY "Underbeat"! the duo fires up their full arsenal of synthetic sound devices to press forward in twelve versatile tracks clocking in at about an hour of massive playtime. The result is electrifying dancefloor culture of the finest variety, sporting thudding EBM-onslaughts, lascivious 'sexy robot' voices, an effective nod towards German electronic music history, hyper-saturated club grooves, catchy melodies and well-targeted bursts of aggression.

"Feel the bass and let yourself go!" – that is ACCESSORY's dance commando in a nutshell... and "Underbeat" is the perfect vehicle for doing just that.

The new album has been released as a double CD featuring a bonus disc containing eight more club smashes, among them alternative versions, remixes, unreleased tracks and ACCESSORY's unique vision of Johnny Cash in a techno club. "Underbeat" has been designed for the clubs where it unfolds an energy that is hard to match.

(That Johnny Cash version is REALLY FUN!)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a teleporter or something. Driving is rough for me (really shouldn't even drive more than like 10 minutes anywhere but I've been forcing myself) once a week. I'd already be going to as much as I could (club nights that don't cost much cash that is) , health permitting, if everything wasn't also a 40 minute drive in either direction. /ponders

I need a teleporter or something. Driving is rough for me (really shouldn't even drive more than like 10 minutes anywhere but I've been forcing myself) once a week. I'd already be going to EVERYTHING (club nights that don't cost much cash that is) , health permitting, if everything wasn't also a 40 minute drive in either direction. /ponders

Yea, I live in Howell, which is about 45 minutes from any part of Detroit :( Hope to see you out sometime, would be cool to chat with you in person again.

I need a teleporter or something. Driving is rough for me (really shouldn't even drive more than like 10 minutes anywhere but I've been forcing myself) once a week. I'd already be going to EVERYTHING (club nights that don't cost much cash that is) , health permitting, if everything wasn't also a 40 minute drive in either direction. /ponders

heh, I live in Ann Arbor and usually DJ in Detroit/Hamtramck (although I got a home town gig at Plastic Passions/Necto with DJ Nocker in September). Driving is nothing new to me, just have to prepare and do it. And I've been doing it for years. I've seen I-94 at every hour of the day and night. (Nocker lives even further away). I'm also approaching 40, work a 9-5 pm career job where I'm responsible for a ton of stuff on tight deadlines and have my hands involved in several other projects outside of work. Even more so in years past when I was promoting/playing in bands.

You either commit to something by going out and doing it, supporting, yielding to one thing in favor of another, establishing time management and quite simply staying motivated.

So make a 'sacrifice' to get out to Industrial Wednesdays @ Mars Bar. We'll reward all of you with the best music mix in the detroit scene, good times, great people, plenty of laughs, wonderful conversation and more.

heh, I live in Ann Arbor and usually DJ in Detroit/Hamtramck (although I got a home town gig at Plastic Passions/Necto with DJ Nocker in September). Driving is nothing new to me, just have to prepare and do it. And I've been doing it for years. I've seen I-94 at every hour of the day and night. (Nocker lives even further away). I'm also approaching 40, work a 9-5 pm career job where I'm responsible for a ton of stuff on tight deadlines and have my hands involved in several other projects outside of work. Even more so in years past when I was promoting/playing in bands.

You either commit to something by going out and doing it, supporting, yielding to one thing in favor of another, establishing time management and quite simply staying motivated.

So make a 'sacrifice' to get out to Industrial Wednesdays @ Mars Bar. We'll reward all of you with the best music mix in the detroit scene, good times, great people, plenty of laughs, wonderful conversation and more.

Having driven all over SE michigan for a decade for my job, and also to go to various clubs, this is something i know instinctualy. I could live in Ohio and still make it in years past. (I actually lived in A2 for 8 years and during most of that time was DJing in dearborn... and driving to the clubs usually centered around or in detroit.)

But, thats not my case now. I'm unfortunately a different person in a sense than i used to be in years past. I have severe PTSD and a TBI (taumatic brain injury) to over simplify and one of the triggers for it is / can be driving, so i generally am "living on the edge" by driving for any extended period of time these days post-car accident. Something I've been dealing with for several years now, and have a minimum of 2 doc appointments a week for (sometimes as many as four) its not the same as just "lacking motivation". Its , literally a life & death possibility if I dont manage it right.

My old system was to just avoid it all together,(going out) but I'm balancing things now. I have to bust my ass to do even small things these days, which isnt apparent from the outside. Even just posting coherently on the board , speaking without stuttering, and various other things people take for granted are "work" in a way it never was before.

I am sacrificing for DGN in various ways, I only have so much time/energy/health and I'm working on things and have a lot of priorities to juggle.

I was trying to be helpful and think of a way to add this into my already established priorities, not mean it as a reason to illicit more negativity toward what I'm already doing.

Having driven all over SE michigan for a decade for my job, and also to go to various clubs, this is something i know instinctualy. I could live in Ohio and still make it in years past.

But, thats not my case. I'm unfortunately a different person in a sense than i used to be in years past. I have severe PTSD and a TBI (taumatic brain injury) to over simplify and one of the triggers for it is / can be driving, so i generally am "living on the edge" by driving for any extended period of time these days post-car accident. Something I've been dealing with for several years now, and have a minimum of 2 doc appointments a week for (sometimes as many as four) its not the same as just "lacking motivation". Its , literally a life & death possibility if I dont manage it right.

My old system was to just avoid it all together,(going out) but I'm balancing things now. I have to bust my ass to do even small things these days, which isnt apparent from the outside. Even just posting coherently on the board , speaking without stuttering, and various other things people take for granted are "work" in a way it never was before.

I am sacrificing for DGN in various ways, I only have so much time/energy/health and I'm working on things and have a lot of priorities to juggle. I can just look down on everything that isn't what "I think worth of my time" and insult everyone that disagrees , or I can try , to manage my higher priorities with the lower ones. We all have different priorities.

K, didn't realize the medical issues you have to deal with. Take care of yourself and be well.

I'm going to make a serious attempt, which , pretty much means I'm going, unless i heave a health or transportation malfunction (maybe pocketbook malfunction but I think i have that reasonably under control at least this week).

There is no straight shot from were I live to there so with my rust bucket its a bit precarious (not to mention gas guzzling). Bare with me if you see some hunched over guy in a half stupor stumble in.

As usual if it hits like 10:30 and I'm still not there (i tend to like to get to places early) spam me with a text like "HEY WTF? WERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" 734 637 3883 (seriously) sometimes with all my crap , just an extra boot gets me going. I've been to clubs, feeling mildy sick in the parking lot and just drove home, which I try to not do but hey, I can only push myself so much.

Probably drag unsuspecting shawn with me. I'd attempt to drag more people but I really need to see the place.

I'm going to make a serious attempt, which , pretty much means I'm going, unless i heave a health or transportation malfunction (maybe pocketbook malfunction but I think i have that reasonably under control at least this week).

There is no straight shot from were I live to there so with my rust bucket its a bit precarious (not to mention gas guzzling). Bare with me if you see some hunched over guy in a half stupor stumble in.

As usual if it hits like 10:30 and I'm still not there (i tend to like to get to places early) spam me with a text like "HEY WTF? WERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" 734 637 3883 (seriously) sometimes with all my crap , just an extra boot gets me going. I've been to clubs, feeling mildy sick in the parking lot and just drove home, which I try to not do but hey, I can only push myself so much.

Probably drag unsuspecting shawn with me. I'd attempt to drag more people but I really need to see the place.

VERY COOL! Look forward to seeing you! And drag as many people out as you would like. Plenty of room for them all even when it is crowded. The club is incredibly clean (having only opened in June of 2010). Sound is crisp and clear without being too loud and having to shout out a conversation.

Plenty of good drink specials too for those so inclined. Of course a very eclectic music mix with new stuff, favorites and always a few surprises.

Bring those DGN cards and we'd be happy to pass them out this week and in the coming weeks!

Parking is either on Jos Campau or behind the Shoppers World at Jos Campau and Yemens.

As always FREE!!!!!

Just got done with an exhausting day of doctors. Gonna pass out but the plan is still to go. I'm sort of in stuttering idiot / anxiety mode but the meds should kick in so Ill be ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum in like ... 4 hours hah. Seriously somone text / call me to kick me in the ass, cant tell you how many times i just sort of mind-fog though things. *points up*

Probably do my usual "sit out in the car" for half-hour before I go in just to chill out. Should have cards/bumper stickers with me if anyone wants any.

*goes to do a temporary faceplant*

Just got done with an exhausting day of doctors. Gonna pass out but the plan is still to go. I'm sort of in stuttering idiot / anxiety mode but the meds hsould kick in so Ill be ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum in like ... 4 hours hah. Seriously somone text / call me to kick me in the ass, cant tell you how many times i just sort of mind-fog though things. *points up*

I will personally assault your phone :peanutbutterjellytime:

*Wakes up from coma*

maybe we can synchronize our text to each send a one word text that completes a sentence :)

Or somone do that a bit early so i can call u and ask for directions. I have them printed out from google maps but dont have GPS on my phone... and I'm looking at Google street view and I don't see anything called "Mars Bar" is it near shoppers world? Actually... i probably wont be around to read the response on DGN for like 6 hours...

* starts gettin ready*

(have to help mom with some stuff too on wed which makes it a bit hard (she has/had cancer needs help specifically on wednesday)

*Wakes up from coma*

Or somone do that a bit early so i can call u and ask for directions. I have them printed out from google maps but dont have GPS on my phone... and I'm looking at Google street view and I don't see anything called "Mars Bar" is it near shoppers world? Actually... i probably wont be around to read the response on DGN for like 6 hours...

* starts gettin ready*

(have to help mom with some stuff too on wed which makes it a bit hard (she has/had cancer needs help specifically on wednesday)

I figured out why I think so many people get lost, on Google Street View the building is the vacant one in the brick strip mall next to the DMC Cardiovascular center with the yellow and red "For Lease" sign in the window. Apparently it was taken before Mars Bar was even there.