anybody selling any cool guns

cptdeath

I have.. My father is a gun collector. M-16 over AK any day. Though I'd still rather stick with my Mosin Nagant. Hits harder than either of those weapons, single shot carbine rifle with deadly accuracy. Can be picked up for cheap these days, and they were made in Russia, where, imho, the best firearms come out of.

:fear I can find a crate of full a-yo for 375 $ a pop in the d

I know lots of people gun show wise and other ways friends here and there you know. I could arm a crowd for the price of an m-16

initialy the m-16's fataly fragile design left many soldiers dead as the slightest amount of debri or impact would easily render it useless.

I've seen an ak found in the water of a swamp rusted shut. My boy leaned it against a tree and stomped on the action till it opened and we fired it with the coroded ammo and still knoked the hole out of the letter O in a coffe can out at a 100 yards in a few shots.

I saw that crazy f@ck pour a handfull of drywall screw in the action and fire it full on it jamed once after like 22 rounds. just recocked it no problem. some screws and hot ground metal fell out.

I'm not sure but untill they added that feature to the ?m-4? behind the action to press the bolt further up or the firing pin. the m-16 barley worked at first.

of course the a-k needed a mod to compinsate the muzle climb as well

a nice a-k milled out of blue chinese steel for 1200$ with tephlon slide plate is worth more than a 1200$ armlite peice of plastic to me.

also your mossin like my mossin is not as cool as a dragonov. wich is a giant a-k wich fires mossin bullets with standard issue undetectable infered scope.

Did you know the ammunition for the a-k is mossin amo shortened to fit the a-k

7.62x54,mossin/dragonov 7.62x39 a-k 47

ever here of a company in russia called Sigia the run Kalishnakovs old factory, they use the design specs for the a-k to manufacture new wepons in different calibers basically the same but they make 12 guage a-k's with 20 round mags

for like 450$ 308, 30.06, 30/30 even a 44 mag i think.

guns are cool and the m-16 has a place in my heart but I'll never trade it for an a-k An a-k could kill robo cop man or alot of dinosours I gotta go big

I drink my guniss with a shot of wiskie in it in one hit like a yager bomb

I have supperior penetration I go deeper I rep my a-k on full a yo

armor is worthless unless its 5" thick of hard steel

I know its to much for you to handle I here that alot

but that gun will shoot through more than 8 4"x8"'s and fly out the back without any deflection and will continue to fly true

an m-16 wont make it through one 4x8 or a brick. whats a brick to me dude

it's not good cover unless you don't have an a-k

next chance you get unload 30 full metal into a fridgerator with 7.62-39

it'll turn inside out or flip over

shoot a frozen pond watch a 9' hole appear as water splache 60 feet high.

makes a 223 look like a toy i allways feel like it's about to brake when ever I swing it like a bat at something. so I don't

but the a-k will hit home runs all day and still shoot o.k. like a bat

please reply :fear

Yeah I knew the difference between AK and Mosin rounds..

As far as the M-16 vs AK it's just a matter of personal preference with me.. I feel more comfortable with the M-16 than an AK because of design, the way it feels in my arms and how it shoots. Though the AK is fun to shoot, I'm more accurate with an M-16.

If anyone wants to know where they can purchase a Mosin Nagant, go here -

http://www.aztecguns.com/

Good prices and good products I know several other people, aside from myself, who have purchased rifles through these guys. All satisfied.

i take it thier US built ones?

looking into the Mosin, they were built in russia, france and US to fulfill demand (esp during the great war)

i'm actually anti-firearm as far as UK ownership is concerned (no need, cept for agricultural pest control, AKA foxes more humane than the hunt)

but i'd love to geet a feel of an enfield SMLE (No. 3, but a No.5 will be fun for jollies) on a range. .303 fun

it all depends.. they are surplus rifles so they could have been made in any of those countries, I think you can request which one you want, though. One thing is for sure though, the gun you buy probably killed a few Germans.

Just an FYI.

The First gen M-16 had no forward assist. The Bolt didn't always come all the way forward. This caused jams and breech explosions. The breech exploding tends to kill you.

The Second Gen, M16A1, added the Forward assist and the Ejector Cover. When you first lock and load, you then smack the forward assist to make sure the bolt is all the way forward. Problem solved. The Cover keeps dirt from getting in the action. Thre was also changes to the rounds to increase rate of fire from 700 to 900 rounds per minute.

The thrid Generation, M16A2. Many changes here... Faster twist to the rifleing, new hand grip, new flash suppressor, new forward grip, heavyer barrel, and new rear sights. Also, the mode of fire was changed. 3 round burst was added. It saves ammo and allows more control during a fire fight.

Also, the M4 is just a carbine version of the M16.

The big benefit of the M16 over the AK-47 is the smaller bullet. No, it doesn;t hav the range, but it has a higher kill rate. In short range fighting an M16 will kill your target more often than an AK-47. Most battles are fought within 300 yards. In that range, an AK-47 goes right through you and leave a big hole. An M16's bullet breaks apart about 4 inches into your body and the pieces tear you to shreads.

The AK-47 can take more of a beating and has longer range.. but the M16A2 has a far higher kill ratio. I'll stick with the M16A2

no RS knowlage here (well other than how it works... roughly)

theres a rumour that first gem M16's lacked the chrome plating on certain parts that fouled up and caused the jams and bolts not locking propperly to ocour more often

is that true?

Just an FYI.

The First gen M-16 had no forward assist. The Bolt didn't always come all the way forward. This caused jams and breech explosions. The breech exploding tends to kill you.

The Second Gen, M16A1, added the Forward assist and the Ejector Cover. When you first lock and load, you then smack the forward assist to make sure the bolt is all the way forward. Problem solved. The Cover keeps dirt from getting in the action. Thre was also changes to the rounds to increase rate of fire from 700 to 900 rounds per minute.

The thrid Generation, M16A2. Many changes here... Faster twist to the rifleing, new hand grip, new flash suppressor, new forward grip, heavyer barrel, and new rear sights. Also, the mode of fire was changed. 3 round burst was added. It saves ammo and allows more control during a fire fight.

Also, the M4 is just a carbine version of the M16.

The big benefit of the M16 over the AK-47 is the smaller bullet. No, it doesn;t hav the range, but it has a higher kill rate. In short range fighting an M16 will kill your target more often than an AK-47. Most battles are fought within 300 yards. In that range, an AK-47 goes right through you and leave a big hole. An M16's bullet breaks apart about 4 inches into your body and the pieces tear you to shreads.

The AK-47 can take more of a beating and has longer range.. but the M16A2 has a far higher kill ratio. I'll stick with the M16A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:fear yeah see thats what i'm saying a big hole. 3 round burst sucks

drives cost up on production. AK-47 has a purposely lower cycle rate for a longer continued stream of fire. plus it's a big hole, capable of anti-ordinance as well as pesonel. like cars trucks atm machines bullet proof stuff ect ect ect all die

you can shoot anything really and put a huge exit wound in it even an engine block most of the time.

oh thanks for clearing up the technical facts on the m-16 a1 an a2 that would really suck if your gun not only jammed but exploded to. wich is why i can't trust that plastic m-16. :fear

:fear  yeah see thats what i'm saying a big hole.  3 round burst sucks

drives cost up on production. AK-47 has a purposely lower cycle rate for a longer continued stream of fire. plus it's a big hole, capable of anti-ordinance as well as pesonel. like cars trucks atm machines bullet proof stuff ect ect ect all die

you can shoot anything really and put a huge exit wound in it even an engine block most of the time.

oh thanks for clearing up the technical facts on the m-16 a1 an a2  that would really suck if your gun not only jammed but exploded to. wich is why i  can't trust that plastic m-16. :fear

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why increase the rate of fire then bit#h about it so much they have to re design the weapon? 3 round burst, yeah right get the f$$k out a here. I hate the lack of full auto as 3-round burst tends to not be able to replace that capability. might as well leave it semi auto. It's like you got it or you don't :fear

it's apple pucker v.s. youkon jack

ones a girl drink not to say i wouldn't drink the pucker but But I'd much rather be standing in the back laughing hitting a fith of youkon wathing everyone drink pucker.

why increase the rate of fire then bit#h about it so much they have to re design the weapon? 3 round burst, yeah right  get the f$$k out a here. I hate the lack of full auto as 3-round burst tends to not be able to replace that capability. might as well leave it semi auto. It's like you got it or you don't :fear

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever watch vintage Vietnam footage? They took away full auto for strictly monetary reasons.. soldiers were just spraying and praying with the A1. With the 3rnd burst, it forces soldiers to aim and conserves more ammo.

The 5.56 round is far more lethal, this is a point of fact.. it's one of the reasons why the SAW uses it rather than the M60s old 7.62 rounds.

nope.

SAW used 5.56 as its lighter and the rest of the teams brick can loan mags (which on the M249 you can stick a magazine direct into the port below the feeder)

5.56 is also a less powerfull round so they can save wieght by lightening some parts, though FN due to demand have beefed up the SAW and are now producing 7.62 Versions (heavier, but not as bad as the FN MAG which is 10.6KG unloaded)

i still prefer the FN MAG (belgian and UK versions) looks more brutal than the Minimi. esp US versions with that awfull heat shield idea (fandangle idea, add something to warm up to burn fingers on before removing barrels) which thay have added to US FN MAG's

vietnam never saw the A1. it came after the end i think. troops issued with 4 20 round maga and extra loose ammo. prolly wasnt a god idea to allow FA. but someone wanted it (same idiot who wanted the M14 FA too). but in hands of raw recruit in a brown trousers situ.

:fear it may seem more lethal till you talk to a buddy of mine and get the 7.62 hollow points. I don't use em couse I like the full metal. But they tend to mushroom apart inside the body and still exit at the same velocity creating an amputation or eviceration of the target. more often then not it will tear you in half

that is you can buy more lethal ammunition if targeting personel like a hunter.

also I have had tephlon 7.62 rounds. Rare on the market becouse they really have no use. They allready have enough penetration to make even vehichular armor useless.

hollow points are easy to find in 9mm and 7.62

easy enough to add different substances with wax to your ammo like dimethal murcury.

the idea was a few rifle men and a heavy machine gunner in a unit. well out it's just me so i like my ak-47 :fear

• 2 weeks later...

Archived