Negative Nancy Thread

phee

A statement from Rev gave me this idea.

We certainly have a lot of threads about hate, ruined days, etc... to counter act the threads that made your day, things that rock, etc...

This thread is for posting all of the stuff that just plain sucks, no matter how optimistic you try to be, no matter how many times you have tried to see the bright side, no matter how positive you are. Some things just SUCK.

So count your blessings, look on the bright side, and then tell the world to fuck off in this thread:

I will be be the first negative Nancy:

There is NO POSITIVE SIDE TO MY VAN BREAKING, it just sucks, and no matter what angle I try to see it from it continues to suck. Also the fact that my wife's past likes to show up and throw up in the punch over and over again.... it just sucks. Too

Please, continue and embrace your negative Nanciness.

the fact that i help pay rent at my house which i DO NOT mind the least bit but when i give my mom 3 quarters of my check and my brother steals the bank card and gose and with drawls 200$ and buys a once of pot and pint of booze and gets all his buddies fucked up and thinks no one is ganna notice that much money missing FUCKING SUCKS

the fact that i help pay rent at my house which i DO NOT mind the least bit but when i give my mom 3 quarters of my check and my brother steals the bank card and gose and with drawls 200$ and buys a once of pot and pint of booze and gets all his buddies fucked up and thinks no one is ganna notice that much money missing FUCKING SUCKS

*raises drink*

No matter how hard I try, I cannot find the lesson in my having lost most of my teeth, through no fault of my own... and standing to lose the rest because I can't afford to get a partial. It's not fair and I hate hate hate the idea of being a hideous toothless hag before I'm even 50 years old.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot find the lesson in my having lost most of my teeth, through no fault of my own... and standing to lose the rest because I can't afford to get a partial. It's not fair and I hate hate hate the idea of being a hideous toothless hag before I'm even 50 years old.

I hear you Pomba. Going thru the same thing and can't get any help thru Salvation Army or United Way. They just shrug their shoulders and say I don't know what to tell you but since the state cut back on assistance programs, there's nothing we can do.

I'm tired of people messing with my friend scyko_kitty. They hacked my laptop she uses, messed it up, hacked her myspace, email and vampire freaks accounts and hacked her account here. I swear I'm gonna find out who did it and they will regret crossing a protective DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember, never mess in the affairs or with friends of a Dragon, for thou art crunchy and tasty with ketchup.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Draco1958

I'm fucking sick of not being able to eat anything.

I'm sick of spending so much time sick to my stomach.

I'm sick of them deciding it's easier to tell me I have IBS then actually figure out what the hell is going on in there.

I'm sick of having to take increasingly scary pills just to approximate a normal life.

---and then having them not help, or have really scary side effects. This latest one comes with risk of Very Bad Things. It's completely fucking stupid.

I am sick and tired of all of it.

I'm fucking sick of not being able to eat anything.

I'm sick of spending so much time sick to my stomach.

I'm sick of them deciding it's easier to tell me I have IBS then actually figure out what the hell is going on in there.

I'm sick of having to take increasingly scary pills just to approximate a normal life.

---and then having them not help, or have really scary side effects. This latest one comes with risk of Very Bad Things. It's completely fucking stupid.

I am sick and tired of all of it.

in no way is this meant to make light of your situation, ok? i take this kind of thing very seriously.

dosha quiz...

i believe that there's a second quiz after this one as well, just thought it may help. :)

in no way is this meant to make light of your situation, ok? i take this kind of thing very seriously.

dosha quiz...

i believe that there's a second quiz after this one as well, just thought it may help. :)

A lot of those options don't really fit me, though....

Don't worry, I don't think you were making light.

There are always multiple angles to look at a problem.

I just wish mine would fuck off and go away. :p

dosha quiz...

errg.

heh.

Took it, it got a lot right, except that it said i had "slow digestion".

:X

i wish.

that's kinda the problem.

COLLAPSE - Theatrical Movie Trailer, "Documentary Horror"

Since seeing this documentary I've been doing research into its claims, mainly 'peak-resources,' climate change, and where the economy is going (bankruptcy). A famed analyst has predicted similar things to what's in this movie which is the first link below, the most notable to me being food shortage. Oil is a temporary resource (in how long it takes to be replenished), and the only thing that can power modern farming machinery; so along with climate change causing drought and flooding there exists the very real matter of food shortage happening eventually in the US.

"The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years."

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Revolution-food-riots-in-America-by-2012-13062-3-1.html

World food stocks dwindling rapidly, UN warns

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/17/world/europe/17iht-food.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

The most notable UN article excerpt:

The recent scientific papers concluded that farmers could adjust to 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit) to 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees) of warming by switching to more resilient species, changing planting times, or storing water for irrigation, for example.

But that after that, "all bets are off," said Francesco Tubiello, of Columbia University Earth Institute. "Many people assume that we will never have a problem with food production on a global scale, but there is a strong potential for negative surprises."

I could add a lot more to this but wanted to summarize it.

COLLAPSE - Theatrical Movie Trailer, "Documentary Horror"

Since seeing this documentary I've been doing research into its claims, mainly 'peak-resources,' climate change, and where the economy is going (bankruptcy). A famed analyst has predicted similar things to what's in this movie which is the first link below, the most notable to me being food shortage. Oil is a temporary resource (in how long it takes to be replenished), and the only thing that can power modern farming machinery; so along with climate change causing drought and flooding there exists the very real matter of food shortage happening eventually in the US.

"The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years."

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Revolution-food-riots-in-America-by-2012-13062-3-1.html

World food stocks dwindling rapidly, UN warns

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/17/world/europe/17iht-food.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

The most notable UN article excerpt:

The recent scientific papers concluded that farmers could adjust to 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit) to 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees) of warming by switching to more resilient species, changing planting times, or storing water for irrigation, for example.

But that after that, "all bets are off," said Francesco Tubiello, of Columbia University Earth Institute. "Many people assume that we will never have a problem with food production on a global scale, but there is a strong potential for negative surprises."

I could add a lot more to this but wanted to summarize it.

I've had a similar instict and I've been trying to prepare for it. I really need to get a decent scale garden going and I do actually have the space for a pretty large one. There are a few friends who have large land plots that should be starting large gardens. I never could stress the importance of learning the old crafts to people. I wonder if I could teach myself how to spin wool? (And now we all really think I'm nuts.)

• 3 weeks later...