What says "Home" to you?

pomba gira

spaceball.gifWhen you go back to the place you grew up... wherever you consider your hometown... what is the one sight (or sound, or smell... whatever!) that really makes you think, "Here I am... home again."? For me it's the Lodge freeway... driving between the walls from 8 mile to Wyoming. I have a crazy love-hate thing for Detroit, but when I hit that stretch of road... that's home.

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gifspaceball.gif

Guest Megalicious

Smog.

MOUNTAINS.

Wearing a tank top and flip flops on Christmas.

King Taco - In and Out - Bakers!! (though I have to go inland for that that but its SO GOOD!!!)

Gum on the side walks.

The wonderful, peaceful, majestic sounds of in the Santa Anas while lying in bed during fall/winter. (sometimes walking in them if they aren't that crazy).

The smell sound and taste of the beach in the early morning - when I say taste I mean the slight salt taste constantly present on you lips when breathing in the ocean air.

My Grandmothers MENUDO!!!! (and good mexican food in general, without having to drive an hour to Mexican Town).

Coming home to all the boys gathered on our porch/front yard, being silly, joking, laughing and just being loving towards eacht other- I am grateful for seeing a part of that world that allows me to view things in a different light - they are loving, they are compassionate, they are like brothers, they are, underneath all that damage, GOOD PEOPLE.

The LOUD sound of the the #762 buses that would often wake me up in the morning.

The smell of Gravity- at one point all the guys wore it - they smelled like a bunch of french whores LOL.

home is always where the heart is . . . .

where ever you make home is home . . .

where ever you feel your relaxed (aka if you dont feel comfy going number 2 thats not home) . . .lloll

i feel comfy in chicago with my family but now im gona move on and make my own home somewhere else.

Taquerias, Mexican ice cream vendors in the neighborhood, Vernor traffic, Duly's Coney Island....

Ah...I went to high school on Scotten.

Smog.

MOUNTAINS.

Wearing a tank top and flip flops on Christmas.

King Taco - In and Out - Bakers!! (though I have to go inland for that that but its SO GOOD!!!)

Gum on the side walks.

The wonderful, peaceful, majestic sounds of in the Santa Anas while lying in bed during fall/winter. (sometimes walking in them if they aren't that crazy).

The smell sound and taste of the beach in the early morning - when I say taste I mean the slight salt taste constantly present on you lips when breathing in the ocean air.

Fuck yeahz Mega...sandals on Christ-mass...

not that i consider my dads house home but i did realize when i went back last week that i still now just where to step/hop to miss the creeks in the floor and the odd smell of clean and . . . maybe cologne that is unmistakably my dads house

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taquerias, Mexican ice cream vendors in the neighborhood, Vernor traffic, Duly's Coney Island....

That's where I live now! For a while, maybe a year or so, I went to Duly's every single day for lunch.

Ah...I went to high school on Scotten.

Hah! Me too!! Well, originally I was at Chadsey.

And for what I call home, I guess anything between Livernois and Addison, around Mcgraw St.

More specifically between Lonyo and Addison, that's where I grew up for the majority of my life, unfortunately.

Also, I suppose I would consider Chadsey home, although I never really felt safe there, it's a very familiar place.