Storm Knight vs Gimp: Sushi night part 2

Thats right, Sushi Night part 2.

Alright boys, time to put up or um....eat up?

I have the perfect battle ground for you 2 to duke it out, and what I would really like to see is more of a

gathering of dgn'ers who are up for a little bit of sushi and a night of fun.

Fuji restaurant, located on John R. near 14mile rd would be the best bet, all you can eat quality sushi at

the reasonable price of $20 (other buffet items included). This rivalry of epically appetizing proportions

has been cooking since last years sushi meet up; I think its about time we set the record straight XD

So Stormknight, Gimp, fellow dgn'ers, let's aim for a date sometime in mid November and do this!

Edit:

Alright, looks like the date has been set,

Sushi night part 2, Featuring Storm Knight vs the Gimp

7:00 pm, Saturday, November 14th 2009

Fuji Restaurant, located on John R. Near 14 mile rd.

Cost for dinner: $19.99 +tax (yeah yeah, I know I know, +tax, lol)

Buffet includes all you can eat good quality sushi, other buffet items available as well.

Drinks extra.

Come one, come all, Lets have some fun!

Edited by Riku Namako

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stormknight you better bring it brother...cuz i'm ganna come hungry and there isnt ganna be any sushi prisoners its ganna be a goth thrown downt that will be talked about for decades and hogan.jpg i'm commin for YOU!!!

Throw down at the FUJI

as far as the date goes gimp is always ready for sushi OH YEAAAAAA

While I am still haunted by flashbacks of the "Stormknight Sushi Devastation". I think I can manage another go. LOL Free most weekdays after 6:30 or so. Weekends are harder these days but I can make it work.

Sweet innocent me? Oh, come on now. You have seen me eat before. There are those worse than I am. How could I possibly have invoked flashbacks? :innocent:

Sushi? Pffft, I win at sushi, gimme a time and a place and I'll be there.

Well, Cher. When my patron pantheon of food is invoked, I suppose it scares people. The pantheon includes Lord Shaggy, Holy Spirt Scooby, Saint Son Goku, and the Archangel Luffy D. Monkey.

I must remind myself not to have lunch whatever day this is planned.

So, what day are we looking to schedule?

This will be epic. After this night, if they ever see us coming again, they will have to shut the curtains, lock the doors, close the windows!! We must aspire to inspire this kind of fear in their eyes. And I think we will be successful.

A Sunday may be a good bet, as people tend to be free that day. Saturday would also work, but would have to be early enough in the evening to allow people to lighten up before City (god trust me, do NOT make the same mistake I did Saturday night, filling up on a lot of sushi and then immediately heading to City and putting on a corset...I was in so much pain all evening!!! D: DX). A weekday would also probably work for most provided people have enough time to request it off work if necessary (same goes for Sat or Sun). So...how to decide. That is the toughie. It sounds like no one has any blackout dates so far, is that correct? If there are any times when people can NOT make it, please make them known now or forever hold your piece (of maguro).

On another note, to the challenger and reigning champion, are there any sushi you cannot eat? In the interests of fairness I think we ought to make sure all the sushi eaten inhaled is the same. Also, do we have any other brave souls who would like to throw their own hat into the trials? ^^

I'm going to ask that it NOT be a Sunday. I don't want to miss this, and that's derby practice. What other foods are on that buffet? Jeff won't touch sushi.

Not even the non-raw fish varieties? That's a shame...his loss!

They have several standard Chinese buffet options, though not the huge selection of many of them. They have pretty good crawfish in large quantities, and udon soup, tempura, crab legs, crab rice, lots of fresh fruit and desserts (yummyyummy ice cream), cocktail shrimp, about 4-5 varieties of fish (inc saba/mackeral and sanma and ...I think usually cod and catfish or something?). They are not heavy on the meats, but quite heavy on the seafood. They also offer things like fresh lobster, shabu shabu, etc etc, but those are additional cost (and can make it quite pricey). I usually just eat the sushi and then a bit of fruit and dessert, so I can't remember a lot, but Harold might be able to think of more? I personally would feel like I was overpaying a bit for just the non-sushi options, but Harold seems quite happy with their regular buffet offerings, so he might be able to describe them a little better. I don't avoid the other food because it's bad though - it's just that I love sushi and I go there for the sushi. Plate after plate of it! XDXDXD

I'm sure we could avoid Sunday.

i like alomst every type of sushi the only one that i didnt really care for was spicy tuna...it was just a texture thingy...but everything else is a go....storm...your fishy belt shall soon be around my gimpy waist...oh yes...its true...its damn true....i think...for shits and giggles ill go to the arts and crafts store and pick up some things and have my mumma make a Sushi Championship belt...it will of course go to the champion for the time being until...it is taken away....just about any day works for me, if it is on a saturday i do work those nights as everyone here knows so ill have to be out the door and headed for City Club before my Door Shift at 11pm

i like alomst every type of sushi the only one that i didnt really care for was spicy tuna...it was just a texture thingy...but everything else is a go....storm...your fishy belt shall soon be around my gimpy waist...oh yes...its true...its damn true....i think...for shits and giggles ill go to the arts and crafts store and pick up some things and have my mumma make a Sushi Championship belt...it will of course go to the champion for the time being until...it is taken away....just about any day works for me, if it is on a saturday i do work those nights as everyone here knows so ill have to be out the door and headed for City Club before my Door Shift at 11pm

I cannot WAIT for this night.

Weeknights ARE BAD. Fridays and Saturdays are GOOD.