What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

51 minutes ago, TronRP said:

I can't believe it just took me 2 hours to clean up all the poop, pee, throw-up, and litter pans from all these furbabies.  The Tuxedo Girls puked on every flat surface they could find...this included my full size mattress and the majority of the kitchen floor.  They all filled up the litter pans, so in frustration, Kali retaliated by peeing (several times) on her bed cushion and then walked wet litter up the futon to my face...granted, that's what woke me up around 1:30pm.  I had passed out from work exhaustion over the weekend and forcing myself to stay awake so I wouldn't miss getting the kids off to school this morning, which was a good thing since they left the phone off the hook again at the HomeHouse.  Fortunately, we have intercom functionality.  

The concerning part about all of this is it took place in a matter of hours.  That would mean they filled all the litters in less than 8 hours and I heard someone start coughing up a fur ball around 5am. 😶

That makes me thing of Ally  my 25 lb bulimic here let me rub my snot and slobber all over your face rescue.

And my homeboy Obsidian who currently had taken a fascination with my objets de magie and wont stop stealing them. Picture a black cat trotting around with a magic wand in his mouth.

I find it interesting that a few weeks ago, one of the waitresses at The Red Apple asked me about our group and as I started my explanation, I mentioned to her that we were all members of Detroit Gothic dot Net.  She looked at me wearing my black leather jacket and said, "You don't seem very goth to me.  Where's all the stuff." :blink:

Apparently their is a specific globally accepted look that only "real" Goths are supposed to have and I ain't it...:unsure:

I know it's not very popular nowadays, but I really wish they would bring back positive messages to kids shows.  The shows of today teach children how to be a faster smart a** than the space holder next to them.  And this has come to be acceptable behavior and you either deal or you will be smack talked by the 3 year old getting up in your face.

As I sit here stuffing my face, all I can hear is the main character (Bolt) in the show (Beyblade Evolution) yelling at the top of his lungs (a.k.a. kiddie cartoon speaking) and it reminded me of when I was little and our mother would park me and my older siblings in front of Sesame Street while she did the cleaning.  I couldn't understand a word anyone on the TV was saying, but I sat there because that's what I was supposed to do while eating my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich with a cup of milk.  But the sounds coming from Sesame Street were fun and playful with song breaks from time to time.  I actually learned the songs first and our mother would sing them with us.  Then I began to comprehend the words people were saying and our mother would say them with us.  Other kid shows at the time would have people speaking slow and clearly so you could hear each word.

I don't ever remember growing up to cartoon characters that yell as much as these have in the past decade or so.  This country seems to have this mindset that if it's animated, it's for kids...not true, but the networks try to force that issue.  So now you can tell every main character in the show...just listen for the one yelling at you and bingo!!! You've found them.

Maybe I'm cranky because I woke up starvin' like Marvin...😒

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, TronRP said:

I find it interesting that a few weeks ago, one of the waitresses at The Red Apple asked me about our group and as I started my explanation, I mentioned to her that we were all members of Detroit Gothic dot Net.  She looked at me wearing my black leather jacket and said, "You don't seem very goth to me.  Where's all the stuff." :blink:

Apparently their is a specific globally accepted look that only "real" Goths are supposed to have and I ain't it...:unsure:

I don't think I would say globally accepted.  I believe it's more globally expected for Goth's to have a specific look.  All decked out in pale makeup, lots of eyeliner, piercings, spikes and such.  Most people think it has all to do with the look and attitude.  They don't realize it's a mentality, a way of feeling.  The fashion, exterior appearance while a part of it, isn't the main part.  The outward appearance is either a fashion statement or a preference.  It's what is inside that makes one Goth.  Basically I think people expect us to look like Edward Scissorhands, a vampire or the Crow.

10 hours ago, TronRP said:

I have to say, the obliviousness of children never ceases to amaze me.  A Big Yellow School Bus drives right in front of your line of sight and you missed it.

😞

Sometimes you have to wonder if kids are colorblind to yellow.  And deaf to the sound of a bus engine.  :tongue::happydance

15 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

I don't think I would say globally accepted.  I believe it's more globally expected for Goth's to have a specific look.  All decked out in pale makeup, lots of eyeliner, piercings, spikes and such.  Most people think it has all to do with the look and attitude.  They don't realize it's a mentality, a way of feeling.  The fashion, exterior appearance while a part of it, isn't the main part.  The outward appearance is either a fashion statement or a preference.  It's what is inside that makes one Goth.  Basically I think people expect us to look like Edward Scissorhands, a vampire or the Crow.

The reason this is so forefront to my state of being is because it's the people around me that told me I was Goth or that I was Punk or some form of Alternative just from what they saw me wearing.  I have never labeled myself, but when you get labeled as much as I do in the course of 2 years, I can understand why people are confused with genre classification.

People are always looking to fit everything in a perfect little box so they can know which personality to whip out when they are around said "type".  People get easily frightened by what they don't understand so they have to make sure everything is in its proper place so they don't have to think too hard or have to get to know you as a real person.  Heaven forbid they have to hold an actual conversation with you when judging you from afar is so much easier and takes less brain power.

It just makes me moody that this is us as a people....and then you are frowned upon if you don't fit the mold properly.

2 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

:ohmy:

You know, The Boy.  He stood in the path of Moe's motorized wheelchair at the restaurant as if it was supposed to fly over his head to it's point of destination.  I told her if that happens again, run him over...just plow him down...he'll learn. 🤣

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

You know, The Boy.  He stood in the path of Moe's motorized wheelchair at the restaurant as if it was supposed to fly over his head to it's point of destination.  I told her if that happens again, run him over...just plow him down...he'll learn. 🤣

Was he mumbling I am not here or I am invisible?  Maybe he thought he could become ghostlike and have things pass thru him?  We know knowledge passes thru him so maybe he believed material objects would too.  Who knows.

I think this is going to be interesting to see how the today goes.  I popped my hip a couple hours ago and now I am having difficulty walking.  I usually heal quick (like in 3 days), but I am supposed to drive later today.  So...yeah...

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic