What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

9 minutes ago, kat said:

I want a fancy ass hat.

2 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

I had to look twice to see hat in the comment.

:rofl:

Well...we know where you mind is regarding the topic of discussion... :hrhr:

1 minute ago, kat said:

Oh heeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll naw, I'm sitting here like why people be up in my business like they don't have their own? Naw, aught ahhh. No. I'm bout to go off like what.

Sorry to hear you are going through that.

6 hours ago, kat said:

Oh heeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll naw, I'm sitting here like why people be up in my business like they don't have their own? Naw, aught ahhh. No. I'm bout to go off like what.

I'm sitting here thinking...so that's what that looks like in text format.  lol

What in the world does Summer School consist of.  My nephew failed 6th grade last year.  He went to Summer School that year and made it into 7th grade.  He failed 7th grade and received a letter to attend another Summer School this year.  I declined to let him go.  But just to test a theory, I quizzed him on a state approved sheet of what 7th graders are supposed to know.  He couldn't even answer anything correctly...and half of the questions were from a test he got an "A" on just last month.  So I asked him some basic 6th grade questions.  He couldn't answer anything I asked him.  I can't see how a few weeks of Summer School is supposed to prepare him for 8th grade which is the culmination of everything he has learned to this point to prepare him for 9th grade...High School!!!  There's NO WAY!!!

Currently he doesn't know what an Atom is.  He couldn't define the word Draft without using the word as its own definition.  And when asked to define Dialogue, Interaction and Editorial he began each definition with "It's an event...", but when asked to define what Event meant, he was unable to.

All I can see is I have A LOT of work to do this Summer.  I'll be his tutor while he does some Real World work since he currently doesn't see how school and real life have anything to do with each other...REALLY!?!

:rant:

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic