Wish me luck.

Guest greyhalo

Guest greyhalo

One problem with me applying for jobs out West is that I don't speak Spanish or an Asian language. I took French in high school and know a handful of phrases in Polish, which isn't going to help me.

Both positions are in Texas. One's in Austin, a city I really like. The other one is in Arlington--not far from Dallas/Fort Worth.

I applied for two jobs in Georgia earlier this year, but I never heard anything on them. They were both outside of Atlanta, a popular place to live these days.

I lived in New Orleans for a few years. Moving sucks in general.

I go through Austin twice a week when I go to Laredo. The only pain in the ass about that place is that you have to go straight through the center of the city where everyone else does. Its a major clogged artery any time during the day. Other than that, it has a real nice city skyline. Austin and San Antonio as well.

Guest greyhalo

Thanks, everyone. We'll just see what happens. However, I hope to be somewhere else by the Spring/Summer. Michigan is more depressing than ever right now, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest greyhalo

Well, I won't be moving to Texas in the near future. They filled both positions I applied for with internal candidates. At least I did get one phone interview.

I'll keep looking...

Guest greyhalo

wishing you more luck to find a good job

Thanks. I currently have a good job, but I don't know how the economy will affect it in the next year. I want to move somewhere warmer too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived