Favorite restaurants

Guest greyhalo

sadly, I haven't been able to find a Chinese-Indian-Middle Eastern-Ethiopian-Greek-Caribbean-Korean- Italian-German-Vietnamese-Polish Restaurant in the area. That buffet would Rock like G-n-R @ the Ritz circa 1992.

Until I do, I usually settle for...

Priya @ Maple & Livernois

Polish Village Cafe in Hamsammich

The Chettinad- 15 Mile and Dequindre

Beirut Gardens on Main in Royal Bloke

Ronin also in Royal Bloke

When I lived in Ypsimilanti I knew all of the bestest places.

I need to find more places up here in Oakland County

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyhalo

sadly, I haven't been able to find a Chinese-Indian-Middle Eastern-Ethiopian-Greek-Caribbean-Korean- Italian-German-Vietnamese-Polish Restaurant in the area. That buffet would Rock like G-n-R @ the Ritz circa 1992.

Until I do, I usually settle for...

Priya @ Maple & Livernois

Polish Village Cafe in Hamsammich

The Chettinad- 15 Mile and Dequindre

Beirut Gardens on Main in Royal Bloke

Ronin also in Royal Bloke

When I lived in Ypsimilanti I knew all of the bestest places.

I need to find more places up here in Oakland County

Priya is indeed good. There's one in Farmington Hills too. I like Under the Eagle A LOT in Hamtramck. It's my favorite Polish restaurant.

There's a TON of great Thai, Indian, Japanese, Middle Eastern, etc. places in Oakland county. Beirut Palace in Royal Oak is great. Tom's Oyster Bar in Royal Oak is also good if you like seafood. Tokyo Sushi has several locations--Royal Oak, B'ham, and Auburn Hills. Bangkok Bistro in Troy is my favorite Thai place.

Guest greyhalo

But do they have pickle soup?!??!

The place I used to go to that had pickle soup closed and now I am without pickle soup :(

Under the Eagle has dill pickle soup and wonderful beet soup too.

they do indeed have pickle soup. I turned my nose up at it when my gf at the time told me about it, but I ordered a jug of it after that.

Under the Eagle has dill pickle soup and wonderful beet soup too.

So noted!

:)

I might need to make a trip to hammy-trammy to get my fix.

Anyone else remember when Planet Ant there used to be a coffee shop? It's a little theatre now - I've seen some stuff there, nice place.

Guest greyhalo

So noted!

:)

I might need to make a trip to hammy-trammy to get my fix.

Anyone else remember when Planet Ant there used to be a coffee shop? It's a little theatre now - I've seen some stuff there, nice place.

I agree. I like Planet Ant, though I haven't been there in a while. I've seen a couple of local movies there too.

Linda's Place, at 9 Mile and Harper in SCS, hands down!

The place hasn't been updated in decades so it doesn't smell like corporate greedy stink, just good ol' fashioned decor (which funny enough, the owner Linda has an obsession with Coca Cola and decorated the restaurant to reflect such).

Bread Pudding = HELLZ YEAH.

Also, not only are the goth friendly, but pretty much no preppy people go there, which is a bonus.

You get to know the waitresses on a first name basis.

AND...you can go there, with change, get JUST coffee and there is NO limit. You can sit there for three, four, even five hours if you want with JUST coffee AND they keep it piping hot! Infinite refills, no hassle, no feeling rushed, no need to buy actual food...for like two dollars. Also, they're 24 hours and the most fun place to go when you're drunk. Great for people watching and being creepy.

Linda's Place, at 9 Mile and Harper in SCS, hands down!

The place hasn't been updated in decades so it doesn't smell like corporate greedy stink, just good ol' fashioned decor (which funny enough, the owner Linda has an obsession with Coca Cola and decorated the restaurant to reflect such).

Bread Pudding = HELLZ YEAH.

Also, not only are the goth friendly, but pretty much no preppy people go there, which is a bonus.

You get to know the waitresses on a first name basis.

AND...you can go there, with change, get JUST coffee and there is NO limit. You can sit there for three, four, even five hours if you want with JUST coffee AND they keep it piping hot! Infinite refills, no hassle, no feeling rushed, no need to buy actual food...for like two dollars. Also, they're 24 hours and the most fun place to go when you're drunk. Great for people watching and being creepy.

Thats why I like the place

For the best burgers and selections of brews in my area, plus live music, you MUST go to the Red Dog Saloon, in Milford. They have THE BEST patty melt EVER, and also get extra points for having Stella Artois on draught (and served in the correct signature glass). Red Dog Saloon Website

Dude, I grew up going to the Red Dog. My parents live at Grand River and Milford Roads. That place got me addicted to Jalepeno Poppers growing up.

Edited by Rayne
I can't decide how to spell Jalepeno.