Martin luther kings speech

DarkChylde

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately in our culture its assumed that unless you are of a given culture you cannot comment on any possible shortcomings or make jokes about that culture. But if you are within that culture its fine. Or making fun of certain cultures its acceptable while others are not.

Its the nature of social interaction that there is a lot of gray area on what is acceptable and what isn't. Often we personally don't agree with the tone / message / etc and take offense.

Is that justified or not? Good question. Could debate it for ages. But we also have to realize who our audience is and what context we are speaking. Is the humor or "point" we are trying to make going to cause more trouble than its worth? How many times do we keep doing it despite the drama it might cause?

I personally have a very politically incorrect sense of humor and am very politically incorrect in my private conversations but certainly mean no harm by it and make that clear before voicing certain opinions. In keeping with that, in a space that ties to keep the drama to a minimum, where i could easily hurt someone or a place with a lot of different opinions or varying degrees of sensitivity to particular issues, I just avoid it. Some bridges aren't worth the toll.

Well, looks like now I know who sent hunhee the complaint about my post in that other thread. Far as the "monkey" phrase go I didnt mean it in a racial way. If I was to be racist about it I would've used the N word (and I dont mean "nigga" either). For this thread, the speech was made by a black man HIMSELF (the creator of boondocks)! All it really is he was pointing out some of the negativity that goes on within the black culture and the ones that make other black people look bad. Yes theres also alot of negativity that goes on within the white culture as well, I dont support all of these dumb inbred redneck fucks who goes around and burn cross's in peoples yard. Oh gee oops did I say that? So does this mean im going to be accused of being racist against white people now? Ohhh no *acts sarcastic*. But the point is, im not racist, I hate EVERYONE equally. I dont kiss ass for no one.

Chris rock did a similar speech like this.

Btw- Thanks to those who spoke in my defense, now I know I dont have to explain anything.

Oh, and I also would like to say that I cant stand those who like to accuse someone being racist just to be ignorant. Seems this comes from alot of wiggers as well.

this has got to be one of your best threads ever... the origional post starting this thread got me thinking..

yeah... I'm pretty sure MLK is rolling over in his grave due to what things are like now adays...

anyone got/know the letter that little dude wrote santa in that one episode??? That was funny shit, right there... This show sucks, but it has its moments... and I laugh at its stupididty and ALL its racist jokes.... :biggrin: and before I am accused of being racist by that, by anyone, I'd like to point out that I am mutt... my dad is mixed :p

so anyways....

ooooo i just thought of the episode I saw a while ago... wait that was like last week or so.... the one where the two guys are breaking into homes to promote and boost sales of a security system... that one was lame, but had me :rofl: at the end...

and as far as the rolling in the graves, I agree, completely.

anyone got/know the letter that little dude wrote santa in that one episode??? That was funny shit, right there... This show sucks, but it has its moments... and I laugh at its stupididty and ALL its racist jokes.... :biggrin: and before I am accused of being racist by that, by anyone, I'd like to point out that I am mutt... my dad is mixed :p

so anyways....

ooooo i just thought of the episode I saw a while ago... wait that was like last week or so.... the one where the two guys are breaking into homes to promote and boost sales of a security system... that one was lame, but had me :rofl: at the end...

and as far as the rolling in the graves, I agree, completely.

300_261887.jpg

Hehe, does this ring a bell? But yes I've seen that episode last week as well. Those two white guys are a trip LOL. I'll admit, I dont like the music in the shows but however its too damn funny to resist!

Ah, ya dont need to explain your bloodline just to show your not racist. Only ignorant faggotry fucks believe in using skin-color as a portfolio. Although im smut as well, but I sure as hell refuse to explain my bloodline for any reason.

Gee whiz... I've known DarkChylde for a while and while we've had some issues, I can say for a fact that he isn' racist... just extremly goofy. Why must people take things so seriously is what I want to know. Speaking as a black woman, do you see me throwing a hissy fit about this? No. *long suffering sigh* People are so friggin sensitive... I'm surprised no one has to stop and burp people at every iven turn

Gee whiz... I've known DarkChylde for a while and while we've had some issues, I can say for a fact that he isn' racist... just extremly goofy. Why must people take things so seriously is what I want to know. Speaking as a black woman, do you see me throwing a hissy fit about this? No. *long suffering sigh* People are so friggin sensitive... I'm surprised no one has to stop and burp people at every iven turn

Everyone has their sensitivity level. Yeah it can be annoying to those like you with a thick skin that others get upset about topics like this, but it doesn't make them wrong or horrible people. It's how they are. I would much rather live in a world where people actually cared enough to step up and say call attention to possible injustices and potentially bad practices then just letting everything go. Some people don't realize that something they've said is offensive until it's verbalized to them.

yay @ more beautiful black women on the board

:happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime:

I would much rather live in a world where people actually cared enough to step up and say call attention to possible injustices and potentially bad practices then just letting everything go.

Sounds to me like the kind of people that would get butthurt over someone using the word "niggardly" =/

Ya, even though we had our differences in the past. But however you been a cool friend just so ya know *hugs*

Everyone has their sensitivity level. Yeah it can be annoying to those like you with a thick skin that others get upset about topics like this, but it doesn't make them wrong or horrible people. It's how they are. I would much rather live in a world where people actually cared enough to step up and say call attention to possible injustices and potentially bad practices then just letting everything go. Some people don't realize that something they've said is offensive until it's verbalized to them.

Yeah, you have a point. It just annoys me I guess because when I was younger I used to be the biggest crybaby under the sun until something snapped and I was like "Screw the world. No, really." Now it usually takes something pretty major to even get me down.

Oh well, such is life I guess.

300_261887.jpg

Hehe, does this ring a bell? But yes I've seen that episode last week as well. Those two white guys are a trip LOL. I'll admit, I dont like the music in the shows but however its too damn funny to resist!

Ah, ya dont need to explain your bloodline just to show your not racist. Only ignorant faggotry fucks believe in using skin-color as a portfolio. Although im smut as well, but I sure as hell refuse to explain my bloodline for any reason.

oh i like my bloodline.... even if I have yet to understand just how many races I have mixed in me.... Its all what makes me beautiful. so I talk about it all the time. I have been accused of being racist, just because I am from the south... I mean, SC is pretty deep south, but I have seen worse... but anyways... just goes to show how deep people's ingnorance can go.... I hate this show, its annoying... but i do watch it every now and then, simply because i'm in a heated conversation on the computer, and don't want to get up and find the damn remote.... but whatever.... like I said, its got its moments of hilarity... lol... and dude, you say shit that makes me raise my eyebrow at ya, but I have never thought that you were racist, just so ya know. :grouphug geeze w/o some of your off the wall topics, this board wouldn't be quite as entertaining. lmao...

that being said....

how about we all start posting our favorite or least favorte moments from the show? :biggrin:

They will often... if they never looked at it in a dictionary...

One of the major news outlets had to apologize from here until when a commentator (I think) used this word. I didn't think they should have apologized... in effect they were saying they were somehow at fault for people being too ignorant to look in a damn dictionary.

I don't think Dr. King would say the things in the Boondocks speech- but he damn sure would THINK them, because all of us "talented tenths" think them. No, I don't speak for all African Americans, but in this case I'm pretty confident making that generalization. I watch Boondocks even tho it's damn painful to watch sometimes... it's like watching all of your family's dirty laundry being aired in public. But nothing will ever change until we acknowledge and confront these issues, so they need to be put out there... and humor is a killer strategy for getting us to think about things that make us uncomfortable.

Excuse me? I have never seen DarkChylde post ANYTHING racist.

I think you've missed a few threads, then.

Whether they actually were or not? Dunno. But they looked close enough that I can see where Raev made that assumption.

Bill Cosby who is also one of my favorite comedians/celebrities said it very well himself,

let alone he got bashed by the ignorant assholes because of it,Go Bill Cosby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZGMuBn4bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZGMuBn4bo

IMO I think Rev Al Sharpton is a racist and an instigator,along with Farrakhan.

let alone Farrakhan was supposivly best friends with Saddam.have yet to see if that was even true.

Archived